Author Topic: Kurupt Gets Advice From Snoop & Daz  (Read 442 times)

gFuNkA

Kurupt Gets Advice From Snoop & Daz
« on: January 28, 2002, 08:34:13 AM »
PROPS to launch.com for this:

While on the set of the Roger Troutman tribute video shoot on Wednesday (January 23), LAUNCH spoke to Kurupt about rejoining the label headed by controversial label CEO Suge Knight, who has been on a press tour promoting Tha Row and lambasting Dr. Dre and P. Diddy.

Kurupt said, "Well, I've been deciding on it for a year, talking back and forth to him. You know, really thinking, 'cause I got kids man. It ain't a decision of myself. Not only do I got kids, I got a whole organization behind me that I have to look out for, talent, artists. I got my mama with me. So it's a lot of people behind me, that's depending on me to make right decisions in different ways. Me going here wasn't just for myself. It was for my whole family. I went to the place where I felt they was going to enhance me more to be a businessman, and f--k a artist. I'm the king of being an artist. Can't nobody see on that mic. They never will, never can," he said.

At Tha Row, which also includes new signing TLC's Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes (now known as N.I.N.A.), Kurupt will serve in an executive capacity as the senior vice president. His first release will be the Tha Row artist Crooked I.

LAUNCH also asked Kurupt if he has received any input from his friends in the rap community, namely Snoop Dogg, who was upset when Death Row released Dead Man Walking, an album of his previously unreleased material. "I talked to them to find out what they think because that is my big homie, and they are people I look up to as well as, I need to know. What you think, you know. I hollered at the homies. I hollered at Daz. Daz is always going to stay with me no matter what. Of course I had to holler at the homies to find out what they thought about it. And all of them, the majority of them, the main thing they said was, 'You know what you facing. Stay safe. Do right,'" he said.

Artemis Records released a statement saying that Kurupt was still signed to its label. Kurupt is creating a new label, Trigger Men, which will be a subsidiary of Tha Row.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

PLANT

Re: Kurupt Gets Advice From Snoop & Daz
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 08:42:57 AM »
so then everythings cool w/ tha pound an shit???
cool then, thanks for the news

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2002, 09:55:54 AM »
man i hope kurupt still gonna have albums, but i just wish suge would stop dissin so snoop can be featured on row releases cause that would do nothing but help sales........i wonder if roscoe will be on the trigger men label
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

BossPlaya

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Much Luv2 lil Villian N NINO Tha Mack OCSA 4 LIFE
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2002, 11:41:43 AM »
I was just about 2 put this info up 2 but its tight that that dpg is still kool w/kurupt

"i putz it down homie for tha BIG S.A 714 till i hit my grave O.C muthafucka till i reach tha top n even then foo i  just wont stop with my gangsta flows or my  gangsta mentality straight takin out all u muthafuckin WANNABES who pussied out cuz in tha city of Santa Ana we aint no nagels puro crazy pimps crazy gangb

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2002, 12:14:46 PM »
hmmm so that was a fake daz on dpgrecordz.com

anyways that's good that kurupt did the right thing and hollered at his homies

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2002, 12:21:59 PM »
Yeah, thats coo'. I just hope that all thier friendships survive.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2002, 01:34:02 PM »
I'm so glad to hear this.  I hope everything pulls back together for the Pound.  The one question I have it, if he talked to his big homies, why were they blastin him, thinkin he was kidnapped and shit?  Is DPGRecordz.com really Daz's site?  I mean, it seems backwards.  Daz would have waited to hear from Kurupt before blasting him on his site if they was really homies.  Anyway, its all good cuz they workin it out.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2002, 01:36:30 PM »
I'm glad it's all gravy baby!

Dizz

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2002, 09:44:51 AM »
Thats cool hope they work all together again

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2002, 11:30:36 AM »
hmmm so that was a fake daz on dpgrecordz.com

if everything was cool then daz wouldnt blast his homie like that.  suge needs to stop dissin and figure out that if the dpg work wit his artists then he'll sell more records.

Jome

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2002, 12:25:53 PM »
I had a re-listen to "Streets is a mutha.." yesterday and it was a nice re-listen I must say. Not like a relisten to "Da game is to be sold..". But even though Daz produced several joints on there, only 2 of them is good and that's a typical sign in his career. It's gettin more rare from day to day that you see Daz produce a fire-joint. And he's slackin as a rapper also. Ppl say that Kurupt is slackin compared to his old days, but Daz is gettin more lazy by the hour I think. Kurupt may say "Fuck a bitch" way to much and the old gangstatalk/walk, but he's not lagging as much as Daz. I think Daz is about to retire, and that we may not see much to DPG in the future.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2002, 02:11:30 AM »
I had a re-listen to "Streets is a mutha.." yesterday and it was a nice re-listen I must say. Not like a relisten to "Da game is to be sold..". But even though Daz produced several joints on there, only 2 of them is good and that's a typical sign in his career. It's gettin more rare from day to day that you see Daz produce a fire-joint. And he's slackin as a rapper also. Ppl say that Kurupt is slackin compared to his old days, but Daz is gettin more lazy by the hour I think. Kurupt may say "Fuck a bitch" way to much and the old gangstatalk/walk, but he's not lagging as much as Daz. I think Daz is about to retire, and that we may not see much to DPG in the future.

man thats funny i relistened to Tha Streetz as well, like 2 days ago and still do. and i couldnt have said it better about DAz gettin lazy.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network