Author Topic: Iron Flag breakdown made by RZA himself  (Read 161 times)

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
Iron Flag breakdown made by RZA himself
« on: January 29, 2002, 05:49:05 AM »
The new XXL Magazine has RZA breaking down the "Iron Flag" album. Some very nice antidotes in there:

In The Hood: "Before the first song even starts, I want niggas to know, Yo! It's the Wu, bitch! I used a sample from a Kung-Fu flick about a teacher who tried to teach the kids how to write. But the kids didn't want to learn. They wanted to be fighting and big-bossing. He's like, 'Skip being the bully, learn how to read or write.' They wouldn't listen. People say Wu-Tang is over people's heads. We was like, 'Fuck it.'"
Rules: "Meth killed that. He said, 'All my street life, ain't never been a Backstreet Boy.' You know Meth is charismatic; he's the Michael Jackson of Wu-Tang. He actually is one of the best emcees of all time: his words, his metaphors, his witiness. Nobody don't write like how he write. A lot of niggas don't catch that shit. A lot of niggas do catch it, but he thinks alot of niggas don't. He always underrates himself."

Chrome Wheels: "I bought a small studio in LA. Prodigal Son had this lady there with him, a grown lady about 35-40 years old--looked like a battered woman. He's like, 'Yo, she sung alot of old shit. I forgot--she could tell you the whole list." She starts blowing and she got that gruff in her voice. Rougher than Mary. I brought it to New York and played it for the Clan and they was like, 'I don't know, that sounds West Coast.' But I like that song. That was one of those RZA force plays."

Soul Power: "Rae chose the beat. The way Flavor Flav came in the mix was, Poppa Wu's wife is Flavor's cousin. When Flav came through the studio, he ain't know what to do. I'm like, 'Just spit that shit, nigga.' There's only two muthafuckas like that in the whole world: him and Dirty. He couldn't get going so I was like, 'Chuck, you're killin em out there.' Then he relaxed and talked a lot of shit. The next time I heard from him, he [called], like, 'RZA, I'm locked the fuck up. But don't worry, my wife's coming over.' After he did the song, he turned himself in. He's in jail right now."

Uzi: "Everytime somebody heard that they was like, 'That shit is ill.' Only one nigga didn't like the beat. Guess who? One nigga, he never likes nuthin'. Meth ain't like it. He still ain't like it. We made him lace it for the cause."

One of These Days: "That was produced by a brother named Fury from Brooklyn. He sells us weed, and he brought two beats in, but that beat was hot right there."

Ya'll Been Warned: "True Master did that. That track was so phat, I even got on it. I wanted to rhyme this time, but I didn't get off on this album. The only Wu album I came off on is Wu-Tang Forever. Ever since then, I ain't come off yet."

Babies: "That goes back to LA. I told Prodigal to bring that woman back from 'Chrome Wheels.' I wrote the lyrics and I said, "Miss, I want it to be like light is shining. Look out your window, you'll see a car is coming. It's a white cop and a black cop, but the black cop is cute. You gotta go, 'The boy is so fine.' She did it well. Prodigal was like, 'Thanks for giving me a hit.' Then my cousin Daddy-O pulled me to the side and said, 'Yo, don't give him that track. That's Ghost all the way.' Back in New York, I called my cousin Ramsey, Ol' D's brother. He added the live drums. That's my favorite song right now."

Radioactive: "'Radioactive' was done two years ago for the Masta Killa album. When we were doing this Wu album, one day I was like, 'I need something grimy.' Masta goes, 'I got something for you.' Masta was like, 'Yo, I wanna give it to this album.' Masta Killa had that beat stashed. In fact, everybody in the Clan got beats of mine stashed."

Back In The Game: "Loud wanted me to get on that. I said, 'Nah, let my boys handle it.' They handled it. Trackmasters is peace. I'm looking forward to having a radio hit--whether I produced it or not."

Iron Flag: "That came from an old Cappadonna reel. The engineer found it. I make five beats a day, so it's impossible for me to keep track."

Dashing: "Deck stole that beat from me. Literally. I'm in LA doign Meth's album and Deck flies in for the weekend. He leaves and I'm like, 'Yo, bring my other reel.' They're like, 'That reel is gone.' I'm like, 'What do you mean, that reel is gone?' They go, 'Deck flew with it back to New York.' But he ripped it so well, I bowed down."

SUPPORT THE WU!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

Doggystylin

Re: Iron Flag breakdown made by RZA himself
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2002, 10:39:51 AM »
a lil short but it was nice to read, thanx

Jome

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2002, 12:32:21 PM »
Flavor Flav didn't know what to do in the studio?
Yeah, that really showed on the track. :-/

And I could tell Meth didn't like the Uzi-beat, it sounded forced, they even gave him special-effects in the beat.
Rza is cool man.

Sub-Z

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2002, 12:46:00 PM »
coo,thanx for postin that

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2002, 01:48:53 PM »
Funny how he tells about the maker of One Of These Days, He sells us weed  ;D
RZA in DO U

Jome

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2002, 01:57:13 PM »
Funny how he tells about the maker of One Of These Days, He sells us weed  ;D

;D

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2002, 02:54:50 PM »
I got nothin but love for the wu, peeps say they ain't got it anymore, but fuck the haterz!

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2002, 06:41:55 PM »
I got nothin but love for the wu, peeps say they ain't got it anymore, but fuck the haterz!

Thats what I love about the Clan. Since the wack Immobilarity, they come with more & more energy on every next LP. Iron Flag is just str8 FIRE, tho it doesnt sell at all. The Clansmen just stay together in any circumstances. Nine men under one flag. Keep on, we'll always support you by buying your music and bumpin it everywhere, peace.
RZA in DO U

SnAkE_EyEs

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2002, 07:03:18 PM »