Author Topic: Come in and see some dope hip hop...  (Read 99 times)

jeromechickenbone

Eihtball

Re: Come in and see some dope hip hop...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 06:01:05 PM »
The song that single-handedly jump-started Busta Rhymes' career.  I remember their performance on the Arsenio Hall Show...it fuckin blew me away, truly a great moment in hip-hop history.

Although it's kinda sad...now that I've heard that song again, it makes me feel bad about how much Tribe fell off, and how much Busta's changed from Leaders of the New School to his present Aftermath days.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 06:01:15 PM »
Classic! The beginnings of Bussa Bus. Gotta love it. ;D

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 06:25:22 PM »
The song that single-handedly jump-started Busta Rhymes' career. I remember their performance on the Arsenio Hall Show...it fuckin blew me away, truly a great moment in hip-hop history.

Although it's kinda sad...now that I've heard that song again, it makes me feel bad about how much Tribe fell off, and how much Busta's changed from Leaders of the New School to his present Aftermath days.

Busta was iller than words can describe.  When him and Q-Tip are passing the mic you know some shit was about to pop off.  It's a hard ass posse cut, and Busta outshines everyone.  I've heard Tribe has reunited and are going to tour, but they claim they aren't going to do any more new music as to not tarnish their legacy.  Of course I'd love to hear some new Tribe, but I don't want them to do it if it is gonna be some bullshit.  Like you said, they slipped with Beats Rhymes & Life and The Love Movement, and Tip's solos were pretty wack.

Classic! The beginnings of Bussa Bus. Gotta love it. ;D

Shows you how he got his name 8)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 07:27:17 PM »
The song that single-handedly jump-started Busta Rhymes' career.  I remember their performance on the Arsenio Hall Show...it fuckin blew me away, truly a great moment in hip-hop history.

Aww man, I remember that episode like it was yesterday. When I was in high school, I used to stay up late since Arsenio was the only talk show host that had hip hop acts on, and when A Tribe Called Quest and Leaders of the New School performed Scenario on that show, I was like  :o :o :o :o :o

Another classic arsenio performance was when Snoop was on the show and he came out during the intro and freestyled over a funk beat played by Arsenio's "dog pound" band and dissed Easy E. Classic moment.

I remember when the Sob Story video came out, Busta just jumped out compared to the other guys. You knew he was going to be a star even back then and when Scenario dropped, that basically guaranteed stardom for Busta bus.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 05:11:03 AM »
Busta out flowed the whole tribe!