Author Topic: Dr.Dre - Get You Some appreciation thread  (Read 1069 times)

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
Re: Dr.Dre - Get You Some appreciation thread
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2006, 12:49:03 PM »
I thought Outta Control, Outta Control remix and Talk About Me were crazy.

When It Rains It Pours and Gunz Come Out were nothing outstanding though.

word. i think that some of dre's beats off of encore are overlooked cos the album is so wack. the beat off rain man is almost up there with get you some and the outta control rmx which to me is one of the dopest beats i have heard in recent years.
thats right em acted silly on them tracks & Dre let it slied.  them tracks were bangers.  my favor Bustas beats is dre get u soma also but i also like the carried away with nos.  overall the albums solid
\

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2006, 12:54:30 PM »
I thought Outta Control, Outta Control remix and Talk About Me were crazy.

When It Rains It Pours and Gunz Come Out were nothing outstanding though.

word. i think that some of dre's beats off of encore are overlooked cos the album is so wack. the beat off rain man is almost up there with get you some and the outta control rmx which to me is one of the dopest beats i have heard in recent years.
thats right em acted silly on them tracks & Dre let it slied.  them tracks were bangers.  my favor Bustas beats is dre get u soma also but i also like the carried away with nos.  overall the albums solid
\

yeah the nas track is my fav, and i hate nas, lol... he really stepped it up on that for me

hectic, i been meaning to ask u... do u work with a dude named diego redd? cuz i believe "hectic" produced a track for him, and its sick... just wonderin if its u or not 8)

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2006, 01:34:10 PM »
I find "Dont Get Carried Away" to one of Dre's trendy tracks, its not a classic beat like Get You Some

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

Paul

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2006, 08:20:25 AM »
Dre was puttin some weak shit out on the last couple G-Unit related records, but he did come back with heat on this one.

yeah agreed jus heard it for the first time just now, wow what a beat and busta souns so good on it 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

mauzip

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2006, 04:41:55 AM »
Goldmine (Erick Sermon & Dre) and New York Shit (DJ Scratch) are the two standout tracks on The Big Bang. I think most other producers did a better job than Dre did on this album :-*

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2006, 04:47:52 AM »
Goldmine (Erick Sermon & Dre) and New York Shit (DJ Scratch) are the two standout tracks on The Big Bang. I think most other producers did a better job than Dre did on this album :-*

A shocker that you think that way  ::)

mauzip

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2006, 05:02:01 AM »

I'm not talking about Will.I.Am, don't worry ;D

You guys just seem to overrate Dr. Dre. The man is a living legend and he is (one of the) best hip hop producer ever lived, but he is not god and not everything that he does is genius.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2006, 05:08:00 AM »

You guys just seem to overrate Dr. Dre. The man is a living legend and he is (one of the) best hip hop producer ever lived, but he is not god and not everything that he does is genius.

Well, I havent seen you say one good thing about him for like 2 years. Its like you always want to go againts the grain, you punk bitch  :D

mauzip

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2006, 05:10:18 AM »

Well, I havent seen you say one good thing about him for like 2 years. Its like you always want to go againts the grain, you punk bitch  :D

:P

I just think it's rediculous how certain people -you for example- praise Dr. Dre like he can't release anything but heat. Dr. Dre has fallen off in the past few years. Musically he went in a different direction and it was not for the best IMO.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2006, 05:15:49 AM »
Well it was for me becuase he started making more universal and actually eastcoast beats and ive always liked eastcoast vibe better so its a plus for me. So I think your problem is and for some other people that the sound is not westcoast anymore.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2006, 05:28:03 AM »
<Meho> reply!
<Cow`> nah
<Cow`> you could be on point
<Cow`> lol

I win  :monkey:

coola

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2006, 06:01:07 AM »
i agree 100%... hardest beat on the cd... detox worthy... but it suits busta so nice, couldnt imagine dre rappin on it ;)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2006, 12:36:05 AM »
fo sho that tune bumps HARD in my ride, the strings is what MAKES that song.

another banger is Cocaina, theres a string piece that plays during the second verse that I just can't get enough of...
Come On Dawg! We Cant Forget About "Dont Get Carried Away" With Those Ridiculous Drums!! Busta and Nas Are Sick!! Even "How We Do It Over Here" Is A Trip!! Dr >dre Is A FUcken Psycho On Those Beats! He Keeps Raising The Bar!!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2006, 12:41:41 AM »

You Must Be From Fucken NeW York, Hating On The West Coast! Or Your Fucken Deaf!!! Dj Scratch? What The Fuck!! You and Him Can DJ Scratch My Balls!!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2006, 10:00:26 AM »

agree with dude that Goldmine is a stand out track the spare use of the synth is incredible and as a track it is quality (Eric Sermon and Dre ripped the beat).

Cocaina is also an unbelievably dope track.

In terms of beat though Get You Some is the sh*t. i don't feel the song that much (still good though). the opening is too long and only busta's flow on the first verse matches the drama of the beat. i love q-tip but he shouldn't be on that track. it's a shame to me cos the beat is outrageous (if we talking about dre beats recently it's still not in the league of the outta control rmx which is just unf**kwithable!!!)