Author Topic: game a producer?  (Read 302 times)

cobra

• Muthafuckin' OG
game a producer?
« on: July 21, 2006, 03:05:03 AM »
aye...
i was in L.A. this past weekend @ the bum sQuad dj weekend...(dope shyt might I add bum sQuad djs know how to throw a party)
game came thru and premiered a joint from his new album titled "one blood".....
now...
heard him say....people thought he was finished and etc....
someone says to me...."he just said he produced this record"
i missed that part...
anyone heard the record...?
or...
anyone know if he produced the record?
if not...
who produced it?

Don Seer

Re: game a producer?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 03:06:04 AM »

"produce" also means make.. so it could just mean he just made it..

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 05:17:31 AM »
people on vh1 use the word produce improperly all the time. they'll say somethin like "in 2003 50 cent produced the year's biggest club hit". so yeah, like overseer said, they more than likely ment he recorded "One Blood"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 06:01:53 AM »
so how was the track?

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 08:46:32 AM »
Where was the bum squad DJs party at?  Game has been making his rounds in Cali lately.  How was the track though?
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

West_C_Internal

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 09:28:59 AM »
The BUM SQUAD retreat was at the LAX Marriot last week. It was a dope event including listening parties, mansion parties and even a speaker came in to holler at the attendees about pensions and 401K plans. Latin Prince from Universal and Troy Marshall pretty much hosted the retreat. Daz came through and played a few selections from his new album. Then Kevin Black (Interscope) walks in and The Game and Shade Sheist pop up. Kevin jumps on stage and introduces them, Game first. Game comes on stage and they play his new single "One Blood" at least 5 times, never letting it really play all the way through. That was kinda stupid cause we couldn't really hear the lyrics. Kevin Black DID say that Game produced the record and he meant it as in "played keys" type producing. The song was cool, it's a street single, nothing you would hear on the radio, it's dark and grimey. Kind of reminds me of "Crown" by Ja Rule because of the sample. Game took pictures with all the DJs and then he bounced. Then they had Shade Sheist come up and it kinda shocked everyone cause dude is way taller and more built than when we last seen him. As he walked to the stage I swore I heard one of the publicists next to me tell a DJ that "he got a deal with Interscope" which would explain why I always see him around Kevin Black. So he put on his new music and the same shit, they were all on it and kept running it back over and over. That shit was annoying but it all sounded good. Madd niggas was on dude after that, taking cards, cds and shit. Whoever didn't know about it, you missed out. I saw EZ Cutt in there, Gigahurtz, a gang of DJs.
Words We Live By: "You'll Know When We Do!"
-WestCoast Internal Public Relations

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 10:19:36 AM »
The BUM SQUAD retreat was at the LAX Marriot last week. It was a dope event including listening parties, mansion parties and even a speaker came in to holler at the attendees about pensions and 401K plans. Latin Prince from Universal and Troy Marshall pretty much hosted the retreat. Daz came through and played a few selections from his new album. Then Kevin Black (Interscope) walks in and The Game and Shade Sheist pop up. Kevin jumps on stage and introduces them, Game first. Game comes on stage and they play his new single "One Blood" at least 5 times, never letting it really play all the way through. That was kinda stupid cause we couldn't really hear the lyrics. Kevin Black DID say that Game produced the record and he meant it as in "played keys" type producing. The song was cool, it's a street single, nothing you would hear on the radio, it's dark and grimey. Kind of reminds me of "Crown" by Ja Rule because of the sample. Game took pictures with all the DJs and then he bounced. Then they had Shade Sheist come up and it kinda shocked everyone cause dude is way taller and more built than when we last seen him. As he walked to the stage I swore I heard one of the publicists next to me tell a DJ that "he got a deal with Interscope" which would explain why I always see him around Kevin Black. So he put on his new music and the same shit, they were all on it and kept running it back over and over. That shit was annoying but it all sounded good. Madd niggas was on dude after that, taking cards, cds and shit. Whoever didn't know about it, you missed out. I saw EZ Cutt in there, Gigahurtz, a gang of DJs.

Damn sounded pretty dope.  Did you need a special invitation to get in?  I didn't even hear about this.

Ya Game said at Envy Expo that 'One Blood' was the street single that was to be rls'd July 31st.  They pretty much only played the intro?

Shade Sheist is still around?  Homeboy needs to give me my 14 bucks back LOL
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

West_C_Internal

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 11:20:13 AM »
It was an invite-only retreat. Mainly for the BUM SQUAD DJs. But press was allowed entry so I was in the place to be! They played the whole Game song pretty much, but every time we would get into it, they kept starting it over! Same with Sheist's shit and I was really trying to hear his stuff because he had the whole room knockin something fierce! You wouldn't believe how much this dude has stepped up. Overall, The Game and Shade Sheist were the highlights for me, outside of the mansion party.
Words We Live By: "You'll Know When We Do!"
-WestCoast Internal Public Relations

$Eg2$

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 11:32:22 AM »
Isnt Suge a producer too

LOL

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 12:23:45 PM »
one blood sounds like a timbo joint, if i had to guess