Author Topic: Round of 16: Argentina vs Mexico (Match 50)  (Read 718 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Round of 16: Argentina vs Mexico (Match 50)
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 03:27:18 PM »
I thinK Guardado and Zinha would have made a very good combination but unfortunately he got injured.  Pineda came in though and that sick ass move on Argentina's RB, I forgot his name but it starts with an S and was the guy that  fucking tackled Zinha and didnt even get a Yellow

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 04:00:52 PM »
Man Mexico is a talentuous team with a couple of interesting young players. I was expecting them to win the first group, like i predicted, and i was expecting them to win against Argentina. Yeah, crazy. But i really thought it was a good team, and they proved me right. Props. Now it won't be easy for Argentina to face the most impressing team in the tournament so far, Germany. We will see.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 05:39:12 PM »
germany is going to beat argentina

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2006, 06:14:04 PM »
Man Mexico is a talentuous team with a couple of interesting young players. I was expecting them to win the first group, like i predicted, and i was expecting them to win against Argentina. Yeah, crazy. But i really thought it was a good team, and they proved me right. Props. Now it won't be easy for Argentina to face the most impressing team in the tournament so far, Germany. We will see.

Who do you think are some of the interesting young players?

mauzip

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2006, 06:20:12 PM »
Big ups to Mexico. I really didn't expect them to play this good and it's not Argentina that didn't play good. Mexico really played well :)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2006, 03:24:50 AM »

Oh i wasn't referring to the WC team specifically, but i was thinking about the youth formation who did well in the last intercontinental competition they played in. I remember i enjoyed watching a pair of good players, man. I was impressed. I don't remember the names, help me. One was a n.10 with long hair, something like a Ronaldinho clone, and another was a pure midfielder. I'll make a research to find their names.

Anyway i think your coach did a great job. Tactically your team was interesting, with a lot of soluctions: you could have played long ball to Borgetti, you had players to make quick verticalizations, you had good wings to attack and cross inside, quick players, good midfielders who actually attacked the opponent's area. But you lacked you know tecnically speaking a player like Rodriguez. A goal like that ain't in your DNA, tecnically Argentina was way better.

You guys did a good job anyway. You should be quite happy about this competition.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2006, 03:34:13 AM »
It was a great game, but over the whole game I think Argentina just about deserved it, although the Mexicans were obviously hampered by having to make earlier subs due to injuries.

That Zinha looked like a great player though, is he still in the Mexican leagues, or has he already been snapped up by a European side? Also, was that Mexican youngster than Arsenal bought (can't remember his name) in the squad?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2006, 07:01:42 AM »

Oh i wasn't referring to the WC team specifically, but i was thinking about the youth formation who did well in the last intercontinental competition they played in. I remember i enjoyed watching a pair of good players, man. I was impressed. I don't remember the names, help me. One was a n.10 with long hair, something like a Ronaldinho clone, and another was a pure midfielder. I'll make a research to find their names.

Anyway i think your coach did a great job. Tactically your team was interesting, with a lot of soluctions: you could have played long ball to Borgetti, you had players to make quick verticalizations, you had good wings to attack and cross inside, quick players, good midfielders who actually attacked the opponent's area. But you lacked you know tecnically speaking a player like Rodriguez. A goal like that ain't in your DNA, tecnically Argentina was way better.

You guys did a good job anyway. You should be quite happy about this competition.

I think you are referring to Dos Santos and probably Esparza. 

I completely agree with you about the coach.  I've never seen a Mexican team go toe to toe with the elite teams in the world like this team has.  Sure there have been teams in the past that have gotten good results but under this coach they have done it consistently.  That's the best way to go out of a World Cup Tournament, where you feel good about your team's performance and realizing that it took an amazing goal to knock your team out. 

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2006, 11:37:36 AM »
That's what i'm saying. Mexico is out, but the future looks promising.