Author Topic: T-Wac Gets NBA Live 07 Cover  (Read 413 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: T-Wac Gets NBA Live 07 Cover
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 01:47:31 PM »
My only guess is that Kobe might still be under contract for the courtside series with nintendo,kinda like how Micheal Jordan signed a long ass deal with spacejam basketball to only be in that videogame ,which is why MJ was never on the cover or in any live game until 2000 i think (duncan was on the cover but MJ was in the game if i remember correctly)?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:51:12 PM by Black_Smoke »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 02:14:06 PM »
^nah kobe isn't exactly marketable right now. keep in mind that whole rape case shiet just happened 2 years ago. its still risky to put him on the cover.

but i dont see how t-mac got it over lebron or nowitzki
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 04:28:18 PM by Baby G »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 04:15:39 PM »
It has nothing to do with how good you are, it's about marketing, promotional appearances, etc.
Kobe, Lebron, and Wade have all had WAY better seasons then T-Mac and are a LOT more marketable.

Yea, they are, but who said they wanted to do it?...Maybe they didn't wanna...They have to sign the contracts, do promotions, etc...EA Sports has to come to some sort of an agreement with the player, and this year they came into an agreement with T-Mac.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 07:53:40 PM »
My only guess is that Kobe might still be under contract for the courtside series with nintendo,kinda like how Micheal Jordan signed a long ass deal with spacejam basketball to only be in that videogame ,which is why MJ was never on the cover or in any live game until 2000 i think (duncan was on the cover but MJ was in the game if i remember correctly)?

Yeah, yer right.

Goooooo player 99, lol, was it 99?

lmao@ the covers, holy crap. I remember those, think I still have the covers for '98 up. It'll be cool if they the roster downloads so you can update each year instead of buying a new game.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 09:12:57 PM »
^nah kobe isn't exactly marketable right now. keep in mind that whole rape case shiet just happened 2 years ago. its still risky to put him on the cover.

He isn't marketable? WTF? LMAO...Kobe's jersey was in the top 5 in sales this year. People already realize that whole rape case was bullshit, it's only the media that has (and creates) problems with him. Kobe is an EXTREMELY marketable athlete at the moment, anything with his name on it WILL sell...PeACe

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 10:01:38 PM »
any of u guys know why they lost the jordan deal again, hes was in street 1 and 2 and in nba live for a few years and then last year hes gone again...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 10:13:32 PM »

He isn't marketable? WTF? LMAO...Kobe's jersey was in the top 5 in sales this year. People already realize that whole rape case was bullshit, it's only the media that has (and creates) problems with him. Kobe is an EXTREMELY marketable athlete at the moment, anything with his name on it WILL sell...PeACe

you my friend, are ignorant.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 10:56:55 AM »

I'm ignorant? LMFAO. Your dumb ass just said Kobe Bryant isn't marketable...LOL!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 12:52:08 AM »

I'm ignorant? LMFAO. Your dumb ass just said Kobe Bryant isn't marketable...LOL!

he's not bitch.

before the rape case we saw him on commercials about once a day. he had mcdonalds, sprite, shoe, video games, etc commercials

now he has...a nike commercial

companies aren't ready to take a chance on him

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 01:13:24 AM »
Lebron, Kobe, Marion, Anyone from the Piston's Lineup, hell i wouldn't mind seeing Gilbert Arena's on the cover
Anyone beside T-Mac considering the season he just had. Well maybe he might get cover jinxed...sometimes its a good thing that your fav players dont make the cover 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 09:56:04 AM »

he's not bitch.

before the rape case we saw him on commercials about once a day. he had mcdonalds, sprite, shoe, video games, etc commercials

Sorry, but you're retarded if you think Kobe is not marketable, and especially if you think he's less marketable than T-Mac...LMAO. Adidas just released his old shoes because of how popular he got this year, especially after 62 in 3 quarters and 81 points...Kobe might be hated and he might not get as many endorsements (though they're coming) as he used to, but to say an athlete of his stature is not marketable is flat out dumb... :-X

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 01:16:46 PM »

he's not bitch.

Sorry, but you're retarded if you think Kobe is not marketable, and especially if you think he's less marketable than T-Mac...LMAO. Adidas just released his old shoes because of how popular he got this year, especially after 62 in 3 quarters and 81 points...Kobe might be hated and he might not get as many endorsements (though they're coming) as he used to, but to say an athlete of his stature is not marketable is flat out dumb... :-X

t-mac is more marketable now because he doesn't have a rape case on his file. get of kobe's dick man. im a fan too but you need to recognize the truth. the truth is as of now, companies don't want to take a chance on kobe because of the negative attention it would bring to them.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 02:37:06 PM »

he's not bitch.

t-mac is more marketable now

LMAO!!! You're an idiot.That's all I needed to hear. Do you see more people wearing T-Mac jerseys or Kobe jerseys? Even in music videos and movies...Even in songs, who's mentioned more? LOL, what a moron...Further more, this isn't even debatable, because Kobe jerseys KILLED T-Mac jerseys in sales this year...Use your head, don't say dumb shit...PeACe

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 10:20:45 PM »
who cares what's on the cover? the important thing is for the game to be good
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 12:02:30 AM »
who cares what's on the cover? the important thing is for the game to be good

The game wont be good it hasnt in years you must get the 2k series 30 times better than Live