Author Topic: Method Mans new album news  (Read 295 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Method Mans new album news
« on: June 30, 2006, 12:58:04 PM »
Cant wait for this  8), lets hope its a lot better than his last one which sucked.

Method Man's new Def Jam release 4:21...The Day After has been scheduled to hit stores August 22nd.

According to the hip-hop megastar, this latest album is the result of some heavy personal reflection.

"I had a lot on my mind at the time and the second thing was, I decided to really talk about something and I had a lot to draw from and when the pen hit the paper it was like damn, remember this? And by the time I was done it was like shit, let's go," Method Man said via statement.

The album includes production from Wu-Tang mastermind the RZA as well as Mobb Deep's Havoc, Scott Storch, K1 and Eric Sermon, who produced Meth's current single "Say" featuring Lauryn Hill. After Method Man's previous release Tical O: The Prequel failed to impress many critics, the pressure is on for him to succeed with this latest album. In many ways first single "Say" allowed the perfect setting for Method Man to address those same critics.

"I've been venting about all this for years and [my manager] was like, 'write about it, Eric has the perfect joint.' And, Lauryn Hill herself, she just had the raw emotion, the small things she said on the song was enough for me to push my pen and let myself be vulnerable," Meth stated.

DefJam.com is currently allowing fans the opportunity to hear the single online, as well as one new song per week until the album is released.

While it's clear Meth's latest album is the beginning of a new chapter in his life, Johnny Blaze is still at it with the weed references - starting with the reason he titled his album 4:21...The Day After.

"The national weed smoking day is 4/20, so I named my album 4/21 the day after. Because after that day, you have this moment of clarity when you're not high and you see things clearly," he shared via statement, adding "You feel like you're not in on the joke, and everyone's laughing at you. I felt like no one was taking me seriously. I got real angry and I just starting writing."

In related news, Method Man will join the rest of his Wu-Tang brethren for the Rock the Bells concert August 5th in San Bernadino and August 6th in Concord. Mos Def, Talib Kweli, De La Soul, Del tha Funkee Homosapien, and others will be among the hip-hop performances taking place. Wu-Tang is also expected to tribute the late Ol' Dirty Bastard during their set.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Method Mans new album news
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 01:06:01 PM »
Good news I'm really feeling Say and Who I'm Iz hope the whole album will be just as good!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 01:24:11 PM »

According to the hip-hop megastar, this latest album is the result of some heavy personal reflection.

"I had a lot on my mind at the time and the second thing was, I decided to really talk about something and I had a lot to draw from and when the pen hit the paper it was like damn, remember this? And by the time I was done it was like shit, let's go," Method Man said via statement.

That's good if he had alot of his mind. That'll make for a good album wit some real shit to say.

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 05:09:18 PM »
tical willl come razor sharp spittin his verbal slanguistics

theformularadioshow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 05:56:48 PM »
He did a really good interview on www.thebreakdown.tv  .. dope video interview.
The Forrmula Radio Show Every Sunday 1-3PM EST
http://www.radiovolta.org
DOPE HIP HOP FOR YOUR EARDRUMS!

Efrain

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 08:02:20 AM »
I don’t know about meth anymore honestly. The thing with him was his actual lyrical ability wasn’t all that special what made him cool was his vocal inflections, his raspy voice, the way he annunciated and his grimy flow. Today meth really doesn’t rap the same way. His voice is slightly higher pitched and his flow is a lot more rushed. Not to mention the type of albums he releases are st8 trash. This is a guy who clearly takes no control over his own artistic work. I get the feeling he just places any and all decisions regarding production and artistic direction in the hands of the people at the label. Cant say I’m looking forward to any upcoming Meth projects... although the Rza tracks rarely fail to impress.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 08:23:06 AM by Efrain »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 11:54:14 AM »
this better be bangin!

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 02:10:05 AM »
I have a feeling this might turn out to be his second best album behind his first one, he seems to have his hunger back on that Say track.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 06:14:32 AM »
cant wait

peace