Author Topic: Perhaps this man could have been of use to England....  (Read 172 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Perhaps this man could have been of use to England....
« on: July 06, 2006, 01:58:52 PM »

Wigan's £5.5m Heskey bid accepted

Wigan are set to break their transfer record after a £5.5m bid for Birmingham striker Emile Heskey was accepted.

A statement on Blues' website confirmed the offer had been agreed for the 28-year-old former England player, who is now discussing personal terms.

Wigan manager Paul Jewell also inquired about signing Robbie Savage, 31, from Blackburn but was told the Wales midfielder was not for sale.

Jewell said the club were targeting "top Premiership performers".

Wigan are desperate to land a proven striker after selling Jason Roberts to Blackburn for £3m and missing out in the chase for Andrew Johnson, who joined Everton from Crystal Palace in May.

Their previous record transfer fee was the £3.1m paid to Wolves for Henri Camara last summer.

Jewell said: "Emile is a proven performer at Premiership and international level and we have made what we consider to be a very good offer to Birmingham City.

"It is not normal for this club to comment on targets until the player has signed but in this instance it's an open secret that we've made the bid.

"I think he's a player who could do very well for us but we'll see how the situation develops.

"I'm still very confident we will get the five or six new players we want by the beginning of the season."

How is it this loser keeps moving for these kinds of prices? ? ?
NO MORE WAR

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Perhaps this man could have been of use to England....
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 02:23:55 PM »
what happend to Heskey I remember he used to be good back in the day played with Owen on Liverpool and England

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 04:42:13 PM »
5.5 millon for Heskey!!!??  :o :o

What the fuck?!.....

The Maestro

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 09:38:10 AM »
With Birmingham being relegated he was surely only worth 2m at best, why they are going to spend 5.5m on him I don't know. I can only think that the Chairman has given Jewell money to spend, and because they can't attract any world class players they are paying overinflated prices for English players that are not much kop. Actually sounds earily familiar to Steve Bruce's buying policy at Birmingham.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 11:16:33 AM »
Heskey is one of the biggest underachievers in all of sport, but his pockets keep on getting fatter

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 03:39:44 PM »
Heskey is one of the biggest underachievers in all of sport, but his pockets keep on getting fatter
NO MORE WAR