Author Topic: Superman Returns  (Read 773 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Superman Returns
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2006, 07:22:30 PM »
Batman Begins is darker than Batman and Batman Returns.  Tim Burton's Gotham was it's own little universe while Nolan's Gotham actually looked like a real metropolis.  Go ahead and like Tim Burton's films more than Batman Begins, that's a matter of taste but accept the fact that Batman Begins is much darker. 

They're both dark in 2 different ways..."Batman" and "Batman Returns" are dark in a cartoonish and surreal sorta' way, while "Batman Begins" was dark in a more realistic and believable way...One thing for sure though, the settings in the first 2 are a lot crazier...My favortie is "Batman Returns"...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2006, 07:24:05 PM »
I don't blame Burton for the poor storyline so I'm not gong to give hikm credit for Danny Elfman's magical theme or Prince's song writing. I will fault Burton for choosing some of the goofy background music during a lot of the scenes. The tubas or whatever they were added to the goofy atmospehere and Burton was in charge of that most likely. I'm certain he had no control over the main theme though. There were 6 producers on this thing to get involved every which way they liked. In the end I'm sticking to my original view point; it was a goofy pair of films that were weird rather than dark or sinister. The characters were weird, the costumes were weird, the sets were weird (I said they were good, not dark or good for Batman), and the music was weird, and all this weirdness made it a goofy movie. Batman fought like a jackass, the villains were charicatures (Bob, the martial arts black guy that seemed to appear in just about every action movie of the 80s), the loive story had no real intesity brought to (Burton did a much better job with Depp and Rider in Edward Scissorhands), the Joker had no real motive for his stupidity and the character was not explained well. The stupid "you killed my father" cliche didn't help. The whole thing was just bad for me.

Batman Begins explained everything in a proper way thaat made it not only believable but you cared for and wanted Wayne to do it. In Batman you were given no reason or explanation for Wayne's foray into crimefighting. If they were horror movies Batman would be Chucky while Begins transcends the genre and is Silence of the Lambs (I don't think it was as good as Lambs. I'm just highlighting how difference it was). Of course some prefer Chucky.

Okay, I got it, you didn't like the first 2 "Batman" movies...More people did than didn't though...PeACe

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »
I don't blame Burton for the poor storyline so I'm not gong to give hikm credit for Danny Elfman's magical theme or Prince's song writing. I will fault Burton for choosing some of the goofy background music during a lot of the scenes. The tubas or whatever they were added to the goofy atmospehere and Burton was in charge of that most likely. I'm certain he had no control over the main theme though. There were 6 producers on this thing to get involved every which way they liked. In the end I'm sticking to my original view point; it was a goofy pair of films that were weird rather than dark or sinister. The characters were weird, the costumes were weird, the sets were weird (I said they were good, not dark or good for Batman), and the music was weird, and all this weirdness made it a goofy movie. Batman fought like a jackass, the villains were charicatures (Bob, the martial arts black guy that seemed to appear in just about every action movie of the 80s), the loive story had no real intesity brought to (Burton did a much better job with Depp and Rider in Edward Scissorhands), the Joker had no real motive for his stupidity and the character was not explained well. The stupid "you killed my father" cliche didn't help. The whole thing was just bad for me.

Batman Begins explained everything in a proper way thaat made it not only believable but you cared for and wanted Wayne to do it. In Batman you were given no reason or explanation for Wayne's foray into crimefighting. If they were horror movies Batman would be Chucky while Begins transcends the genre and is Silence of the Lambs (I don't think it was as good as Lambs. I'm just highlighting how difference it was). Of course some prefer Chucky.

Okay, I got it, you didn't like the first 2 "Batman" movies...More people did than didn't though...PeACe

I never said the masses didn't like the movies, or even that the critics didn't. The majority of people and critics also liked Crash. I still didn't think all that much of it. (The point of mentioning Crash was to show that I base my opinion on what I think and my tastes and that even a universally acclaimed movie like Crash can be dismissed by me if that's how I feel.)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2006, 12:52:27 AM »

I never said the masses didn't like the movies, or even that the critics didn't. The majority of people and critics also liked Crash. I still didn't think all that much of it. (The point of mentioning Crash was to show that I base my opinion on what I think and my tastes and that even a universally acclaimed movie like Crash can be dismissed by me if that's how I feel.)

Amazing...What does this conclude?...It's all a matter of taste, like I've said from the beginning...PeACe

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2006, 08:19:53 AM »

Amazing...What does this conclude?...It's all a matter of taste, like I've said from the beginning...PeACe

It's the same thing that I concluded from the beginning. I was simply giving you my reasons for disliking the films.