Author Topic: Can anybody school me on some TV's??  (Read 746 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Can anybody school me on some TV's??
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 11:44:40 PM »
I got a 52" Mitsubishi DLP about a year ago.  I haven't had a problem with it yet. I bought it a year ago from best buy for about 2500.  I'm pretty sure the prices have dropped since then

Did you get a warranty / protection plan?  I don't usually do those as a general rule, but you always hear about the screens / pixels burning out.  Also, did you buy a special type of power strip for it?

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 12:01:30 AM »
I got a 52" Mitsubishi DLP about a year ago.  I haven't had a problem with it yet. I bought it a year ago from best buy for about 2500.  I'm pretty sure the prices have dropped since then

Did you get a warranty / protection plan?  I don't usually do those as a general rule, but you always hear about the screens / pixels burning out.  Also, did you buy a special type of power strip for it?

Make sure you do that. I bought a 20" Magnavox LCD 3 months ago and some pixels burned. Thankfully I bought a protection plan for it. It's around $50-100, but it's worth it just to have that added safety.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 12:08:53 AM »

Make sure you do that. I bought a 20" Magnavox LCD 3 months ago and some pixels burned. Thankfully I bought a protection plan for it. It's around $50-100, but it's worth it just to have that added safety.

Where did you buy your tv from?

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 12:31:27 AM »
Best Buy
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 05:47:13 AM »
Entertainment is what is shown on the TV not the fucking TV. 

coola

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 10:05:58 AM »
whatever you buy, if you get an LCD panel, get an extended manufacturers warranty on it... if it breaks, they wont fix it, they will tell you to buy a new one. $$$.

P2G

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 10:13:56 AM »
you never thought about a plasma screen?

they last 10 - 15 years without burning out or losing pixels

coola

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 10:31:53 AM »
^ how would you know that ? it's still recent technology isnt it ?

Hittman2001

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2006, 11:01:39 AM »

Yeah i got a 4 year warranty on it.  And no, i didn't get a special power strip.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 05:24:07 PM »
I went to Best Buy today.  I saw some pretty dope tv's.  The one that really caught my eye was a 42" Samsung DLP for $1350.  There was a 50" Samsung DLP but it was $1900, so I'm def leaning towards the 42".  The warranty was $400.  There was also some dope Sony and Phillips, so I'm gonna try and read up on those.