Author Topic: Let's be REAL, Cali Iz NOT Active  (Read 1153 times)

Paul

Re: Let's be REAL, Cali Iz NOT Active
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2006, 02:49:43 AM »
the problem is you guys are over-analyzing this shit ridiculously

just fuckin relax, if you thought this was gonna be "Dogg Food 2" you're an idiot and you got what you deserve

I admit it coulda been better but I HONESTLY like the cd, if I like 10 of 16 tracks then that's pretty good

Kurupt is the low point obviously, and LOL at you fools "Daz is wack, Daz fell off"

dude has changed nothing, if you liked Daz before what is there not to like now?

did it ever occur that he's not on a mission to be top lyricist in the game?

people knockin Battlecat and shit, I found nothin wrong with his usual formula

I guarantee if he switched shit up and went crazy all u would say "where's that classic Battlecat sound? WTF?!"

did it ever occur to you guys that THEY KNOW THEY'RE NOT GOING TO BLOW UP

you motherfuckers kill me, THEY'RE DOING IT FOR MONEY

they're not sitting around saying "where's the promotion?" cuz they knew they wouldn't get any to begin with

30,000 copies, I'm sure they all got some legit cash from those "shitty" sales

like I said, the album could be better but there's nothing wrong with it

quit fuckin bitching and leave it alone if it bothers you so much

probably won't, but if "Detox" sucks I'm afraid you all will commit suicide

couldnt hav put it better myself, you really hav hit the nail in the head
ther was nufin wrong with the battlecat beats

ther is one thing ther should maybe hav been more artists feat from cali but i still like the banner and paul wall tracks. out of the 16 tracks i liked about 13 or 14 of them . maybe not classics but i still enjoyed listening to them which some of yous need to start doing , enjoying the music instead of trying to find a classic out of them

and finnaly daz - he hasnt fell off, he never has switched in his producing or rapping(he never was a lyricist) but tht laid back flow is returning which is still not good enough for sum of you

daz imho is one of the most consistant producers not just in the west but in hip hop. there is not a badly produced song daz has made. they are maybe not all bangin or classic but every one is at least cool to listen to. i guarentee no1 can name a bad production by daz?
funkyfreshintheflesh

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2006, 04:14:13 AM »
I have to say, this album isnt close to what I expected.  There's more than one problem with this album.  I really didnt expect Kurupt was gonna be THAT bad.  The features and the beats should be better on there I aint gonna lie.  On the positive side, Ive really been getting into all of Daz' stuff as of late.  His flow is sick and he sounds pretty dope.  Snoop had a couple nice verses on there.  But that isnt enough to save this album.

I guess you're right, Cali,iz NOT active.  But it could me something more than sales guys.  The fact that this album dropped with the video that came out, it could be just the start of the new westcoast movement.  At least they are trying to show theres a push on the west and trying to get new material and new artists to come out now.  At the end of the day, I really think "Cali Iz Active" was NOT about sales, but more about the west.  Sad thing is, they kinda let people down with the record.  And I dont see there being another video released.  If they had moved closer to 100.000 than yea I could see another single, but I just dont see it in the future.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2006, 07:05:59 AM »
Kurupt and Daz need to retire. Im still looking forward to So So Gangsta though, I have faith in JD and Daz.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2006, 08:02:14 AM »
the problem with this album is that, everything about it is average, and nobody was at his best, and that sucks, and also what got me disapointed is that they were saying that they were back to their A game and shit, but lyrically they are still wack, the topics of the songs are all the same and lame, atleast if u wanna make a come back, bring sumthin worth listening, Look at Gangstarr, more than a decade in the game, and their last come back was really good, something that the Hiphop crowd will remember...why cant they do the same thing and bring sumthin  that can make history?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 08:08:23 AM »
and nobody wants to put money on Daz & Kurupt anyway...Im sure that the only reason that JD will release Daz album, is because of the contract. but im sure that he realized that Daz is not marketable , and a shit talker

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 08:25:45 AM »
Im sure that the only reason that JD will release Daz album, is because of the contract.

OMG, c'mon guys.  Comment like this are just ridiculous.   ::)

The 2 most powerful exec's in the game right now are Jay Z and JD so why would either of them have to do anything?  JD is going to release Daz's because he believes in the project and plans on putting major resources behind it to make it a success.  This should be great news to WC fans on a WC board.  One of the hottest execs in the game right now is behind a major Doggpound release, that should be exciting but instead there's so much hate.  (Plus as fans, we've been blessed with a gang of leaked So So Gangsta tracks.  Gotta love that.)

LET THE ALBUM DROP FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD, GIVE IT A CHANCE. We can all over analyze and pick it apart when the album drops if thats what you choose to do.  But to hate on it before its even released is just silly.  Other then Snoop and Game, Daz is the only cat out the west who stands a chance at main stream success so lets be positive and see what happens.  Sh%t on CIA all you want, but I'll bet that So So Gangsta succeeds well beyond CIA or Kurupts Doggystyle solo.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:29:35 AM by Axle Iz Active »
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Rudki

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006, 09:28:10 AM »
When CIA first dropped I never liked it much apart from 2/3 songs.

YES its not as good as it should have been, YES the features aren't the best and some songs are just straight up rubbish, but ive bumped it abit and theres at least 7-8 good tracks-- Sittin on 23z, Throwin up tha C, Cali Is Active, Face 2 Face, Slow Your Roll - overall while not up to great comeback status its still not as bad as its made out to be.

Just my 2 cents.-

d-nice

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006, 10:39:11 AM »
Im sure that the only reason that JD will release Daz album, is because of the contract.

OMG, c'mon guys.  Comment like this are just ridiculous.   ::)

The 2 most powerful exec's in the game right now are Jay Z and JD so why would either of them have to do anything?  JD is going to release Daz's because he believes in the project and plans on putting major resources behind it to make it a success.  This should be great news to WC fans on a WC board.  One of the hottest execs in the game right now is behind a major Doggpound release, that should be exciting but instead there's so much hate.  (Plus as fans, we've been blessed with a gang of leaked So So Gangsta tracks.  Gotta love that.)

LET THE ALBUM DROP FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD, GIVE IT A CHANCE. We can all over analyze and pick it apart when the album drops if thats what you choose to do.  But to hate on it before its even released is just silly.  Other then Snoop and Game, Daz is the only cat out the west who stands a chance at main stream success so lets be positive and see what happens.  Sh%t on CIA all you want, but I'll bet that So So Gangsta succeeds well beyond CIA or Kurupts Doggystyle solo.

Co-sign to that. I do think that So So Gangsta is gonna be sick. You almost forget it is still coming out with everyone ripping SDDS & CIA apart. We got E-40 doin his thing, Cube dropping heat, and we still have half the year to go with Game, Snoop and whoever else that will drop so it hasn't been a bad year for Cali.

SGV

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2006, 11:03:13 AM »
^Two artists doing well is hardly a Great year for the West. Look at the South... They have tons of artists doing well. It's a GREAT year for them. We have Two out of the millions of artists on the West doing well, that is NOT good. People should be going platinum in California alone, but when the music's wack, nobody wants to support it. So So Gangsta should be the better album out of any of the DPG group or solo albums dropping soley thanks to Jermaine Dupri. He's not gonna let Daz record a bunch on non-sensical bullshit and release it.

d-nice

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006, 11:11:49 AM »
The south is on top right now. It's not like you have multi-platinum artists on the east, midwest or the west for that matter. If you are from the south, you are selling right now. It is a sign of the times. South is flooding the market, and you can't tell me it is soooo much better than what other regions are putting out. Comparing the west to what the south is doing it's not even close. Face it, if it is not either put out or backed by Dre, you gonna have a hard time selling out here. Other than Game and Snoop? Who is putting up numbers like that? You cant tell me the only reason we aint selling is because the music is wack. Gotta be more to it than that.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2006, 11:13:11 AM »

waits for the online petition that c.i.a gets redone with daz, dj pooh and dr. dre production..

suprise one hasnt been made like the 213 one that was floatin around..for warren g production..

:P

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 11:16:26 AM »
this was a BIG loss for the west

it's not going to ever change; only Snoop, Game, and Dre will ever sell
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 11:17:28 AM »
So So Gangsta will be good.

I have a feelin Daz has something to prove with this record.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2006, 11:22:33 AM »

instead of complainin..on a messageboard..

get up off yalls rumps and go buy as many copies as yall can...

cali alone can help them cats go achieve what yall want..

the album went platinum on yousendit,rapidshare,megaupload and sendspace.....

d-nice

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 11:41:07 AM »
The south at least goes out in droves and supports their artists. Houston artists were going damn near gold in Houston. Fan support. Half our fans do not even respect what Cube has done. They say shit like, "Oh dog, Cube shit is wack. I got through the 1st 2-3 songs and that shit is wack." I can't wait when Glasses Malone comes out. He is really the first artist from the new west with a major deal not associated with Dre. Now I am already knowing if this album does not even go gold, here come the haters again. We have got to be the most fickle fans. We will diss a album and come back a year later and say it was not that bad. CIA is not a great album, but hell what west coast artists are fans rushing to the stores to support?