Author Topic: Let's be REAL, Cali Iz NOT Active  (Read 1163 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: Let's be REAL, Cali Iz NOT Active
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2006, 03:58:26 PM »
Honestly, Id rather listen to Cali Iz Active over Speakerboxx or the Love Below.....I wasnt feelin either of those album AT ALL....

this isn't about Speakerboxx, it's about Outkast not falling off

you hear that new single by Outkast? shit is fire, yet DPG is droppin hot garbage
the single "Cali Iz Active">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new Outkast single

I love the track "Cali Iz Active" but 1 song can't save the album
whats your point? 

have you heard the new outkast album?

well, if you considering that Outkast has never dropped a wack album, I think its safe to say they won't suddenly just suck  ::)
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2006, 04:04:27 PM »
Honestly, Id rather listen to Cali Iz Active over Speakerboxx or the Love Below.....I wasnt feelin either of those album AT ALL....

this isn't about Speakerboxx, it's about Outkast not falling off

you hear that new single by Outkast? shit is fire, yet DPG is droppin hot garbage
the single "Cali Iz Active">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new Outkast single

Agreed.  But thats probably just my personal taste though.  I really liked their first 2 albums ALOT.  That Spaceage Alien stuff was hella tight.  From there, they just got kinda weird.  I didnt feel that Love Below \ Speakerboxxx album either.. although I do recognize the quality in that album for sure.  Just wasnt my taste I guess. 
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

PLANT

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2006, 04:10:28 PM »

well, if you considering that Outkast has never dropped a wack album, I think its safe to say they won't suddenly just suck  ::)
thats your opinion....

I didnt really like the last 2 albums from Outkast.....

J Bananas

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2006, 04:12:20 PM »
in my opinion, almost every artist has declined over the years

it's not as easy as you think to keep banging out hits, let alone ones that every person feels

outkast stay droppin DOPE album after album

so there is no excuse for DPG

Cali will never be active for you unfortunately, ur just mad ur holed up in a cave somewhere halfway across the world from here

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2006, 05:20:09 PM »
The point is, people hate on CIA because they think features like Paul Wall and so on mustn't be on a DPG-album and that the sound is not full of good old g-funk taste, even the same with 213. They say Kurupt fell off, Daz mado no beats and blah blah... I mean, look at the situation closely, there's no interesting in the old g-funk sound by Snoop, Daz & Kurupt, because shit had its era. You cannot sample funkadelic songs for 15 years without sounding boring. The other point is, that they TRY to sell something beyond cali, but they never will with g-funk sounds from doggystyle or something. Then theres no Dre, and I think Dre gives a fuck on this shit, he's doing his thing rigth now on the east with g-unit, busta etc. But I think in this time, there's no more need for Dre, because look at his beats from the last 5 years, there's no g-funk, the beats he is dropping aren't any remarkable as beats Diddy, Swizz Beatz, Storch or Kanye West do now fpr the mainstream. Cali Iz Active is not a classic, but in your eyes people from DPGC never can do a classic anymore because the g-funk era is dead. it passed over and it's good because music has to change a bit. I don't mean that g-funk is dead, because look at the album, look what you get from the "fallen-off" DPG. You got beats by Soopafly, imo they all bang, you got Battlecat, imo he's doing not his best, but I never heard a Battlecat beat that really sucked, so you can't tell battlecat beats rubbish. Then look at the features: Paul Wall --> straight rubbish, but this only to make some attention in the south, it's ok, it's just 1 mutherfucking song. Now look at David Banner, this beat BANGS! Sure, it's mainstream but this beat bang. Is it really bad when Daz & Kurupt do some mainstream on their album? When shit ain't sellin a bit, artists cannot drop anything. then look at the diddy-track the bass is off the hook and I mean Diddy and Snoop do a really good job at the end, especially Snoop. So 2 of the 3 "rubbish features" bangin. Look at the others, you got Nate Dogg 2 times, RBX, Lady Of Rage, Cube what the fuck do you expext? It's good to see that there's Lady of Rage drops a verse over a tight soopafly beat! The reason why Daz wasn't producing he explained in his phone interview that Nima has done with him. So I think the album title represents this project, you got new sounds and some of them old and you got a mix-up of westcoast and south/east stuff so that's what it's all about. I rather hear a mainstream-orientated songs done by Kurupt and Daz than by 50 Cent. Daz & Kurupt are flow much better than 50 even if Kurupt is not on 100 % but on CIA he sond way better than on against the grain and SDDS is hot as hell. I mean it's a good album for the summer 2006!
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2006, 05:24:47 PM »

it's not as easy as you think to keep banging out hits, let alone ones that every person feels

Cali will never be active for you unfortunately, ur just mad ur holed up in a cave somewhere halfway across the world from here

the fuck? shouldn't you be watching your soccer or whatever you do in over in europe?

LMAO @ being a Dipset fan, they must be big over there in england  ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2006, 05:34:20 PM »

the fuck? shouldn't you be watching your soccer or whatever you do in over in europe?

WTF are you talking about...Banana Boy is from Cali...

Oh, and "The Hard Way" > "Cali Iz Active"...

PLANT

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2006, 05:42:55 PM »
[

agreed

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2006, 05:44:10 PM »

WTF are you talking about...Banana Boy is from Cali...

sad to say, but it's easily better then Cali iz Active

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2006, 05:49:02 PM »

waits for the online petition that c.i.a gets redone with daz, dj pooh and dr. dre production..

suprise one hasnt been made like the 213 one that was floatin around..for warren g production..

:P

WOW WHOSE THAT????  :o IN YOUR SIG? SHES INCREDIBLE!

The Best of 3 Worlds

streetmuziq

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2006, 05:51:44 PM »
yeah didnt west coast rap die in vegas like 10 years ago

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2006, 05:52:33 PM »
[u]Yeah this album was pathetic I cant believe some people actually felt this[/u].   anyways I dont even think snoop is shit anymore either, people keep talking about how he has been stepping it up but I havnt heard it, imo the last time Snoop was tite was Last Meal.
And some people dont understand how you can feel the DIPSET. We all have our Flavor that we like Spice.....

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2006, 06:20:39 PM »
The point is, people hate on CIA because they think features like Paul Wall and so on mustn't be on a DPG-album and that the sound is not full of good old g-funk taste, even the same with 213. They say Kurupt fell off, Daz mado no beats and blah blah... I mean, look at the situation closely, there's no interesting in the old g-funk sound by Snoop, Daz & Kurupt, because shit had its era. You cannot sample funkadelic songs for 15 years without sounding boring. The other point is, that they TRY to sell something beyond cali, but they never will with g-funk sounds from doggystyle or something. Then theres no Dre, and I think Dre gives a fuck on this shit, he's doing his thing rigth now on the east with g-unit, busta etc. But I think in this time, there's no more need for Dre, because look at his beats from the last 5 years, there's no g-funk, the beats he is dropping aren't any remarkable as beats Diddy, Swizz Beatz, Storch or Kanye West do now fpr the mainstream. Cali Iz Active is not a classic, but in your eyes people from DPGC never can do a classic anymore because the g-funk era is dead. it passed over and it's good because music has to change a bit. I don't mean that g-funk is dead, because look at the album, look what you get from the "fallen-off" DPG. You got beats by Soopafly, imo they all bang, you got Battlecat, imo he's doing not his best, but I never heard a Battlecat beat that really sucked, so you can't tell battlecat beats rubbish. Then look at the features: Paul Wall --> straight rubbish, but this only to make some attention in the south, it's ok, it's just 1 mutherfucking song. Now look at David Banner, this beat BANGS! Sure, it's mainstream but this beat bang. Is it really bad when Daz & Kurupt do some mainstream on their album? When shit ain't sellin a bit, artists cannot drop anything. then look at the diddy-track the bass is off the hook and I mean Diddy and Snoop do a really good job at the end, especially Snoop. So 2 of the 3 "rubbish features" bangin. Look at the others, you got Nate Dogg 2 times, RBX, Lady Of Rage, Cube what the fuck do you expext? It's good to see that there's Lady of Rage drops a verse over a tight soopafly beat! The reason why Daz wasn't producing he explained in his phone interview that Nima has done with him. So I think the album title represents this project, you got new sounds and some of them old and you got a mix-up of westcoast and south/east stuff so that's what it's all about. I rather hear a mainstream-orientated songs done by Kurupt and Daz than by 50 Cent. Daz & Kurupt are flow much better than 50 even if Kurupt is not on 100 % but on CIA he sond way better than on against the grain and SDDS is hot as hell. I mean it's a good album for the summer 2006!

man you are going to get even more hate and less karma for saying that.   ;D Bottom line people if ya like it, bump it, if ya don't leave it alone. Can we talk about something else on the west coast?

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2006, 06:31:57 PM »

man you are going to get even more hate and less karma for saying that.   ;D Bottom line people if ya like it, bump it, if ya don't leave it alone. Can we talk about something else on the west coast?

I give a fuck on karma, that's my opinion. I think people need something to talk bad about and I think Cali iz Active is the wrong thing for that.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2006, 07:56:16 PM »
at first i was a lil disapointed. but i think its a dope album... cop dat shit