Author Topic: Bulls reportedly deal Chandler to Hornets  (Read 96 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bulls reportedly deal Chandler to Hornets
« on: July 05, 2006, 06:44:07 PM »
was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Tyson Chandler's days in Chicago were numbered once the Bulls reached an agreement with free agent Ben Wallace. The only question was where Chandler would be headed.

Apparently, we have an answer to that question.
According to a report on the Chicago Tribune's website, Chandler is being sent to the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets in exchange for P.J. Brown and J.R. Smith.

Chandler told the paper he'd been expecting to be moved since earlier in the week, when his agent told him a trade was imminent.

"At first I was walking around a little sick," he said. "Even though I had heard the rumors, it was definitely a shock. I was definitely sad. After a couple of nights of thinking about it, I realized basketball-wise, it's a good thing for me.

"It's a great basketball opportunity to play with a bunch of young, up-and-coming guys. That's the thing I'm excited about. They're moving the team in a direction that fits me well. I can help a team make the playoffs. I'll get a chance to play with a great, young point guard (Chris Paul)."

Chandler spent five years with the Bulls after they made him the No. 2 pick in the 2001 draft straight out of Dominguez High School in Los Angeles. Last year, he received a six-year deal worth a little more than $60 million. Chandler is still owed $54 million on that deal.

The trade will become official on July 12 — the same day that the Bulls' four-year, $60 million deal with Wallace does.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5760608

PLANT

Re: Bulls reportedly deal Chandler to Hornets
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 08:26:55 PM »
hes gotta be the most overpaid player in the L

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Bulls reportedly deal Chandler to Hornets
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 12:44:53 AM »
^^Naah, there's worse...Chandler isn't that bad, he's actually a good defender...This deal was reported a while ago, it wasn't official though. But it was pretty much said to be a done deal for quite some time...Chris Mihm's value is getting higher by the day. ;)