Author Topic: SPURS Sign Jackie Butler To $7 Million Offer/MAGIC Sign Keith Bogans!  (Read 89 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Spurs Sign Jackie Butler To Offer Sheet.

July 13, 2006

In a shock to the Knicks, center Jackie Butler signed a staggering three-year, $7 million offer sheet with the Spurs on the first day of the free-agent signing period yesterday, according to sources.
The Knicks have seven days to match the offer but it's unlikely they will go that high. Isiah Thomas said through a spokesman that no decision has been made. The Knicks made Butler a $920,000 qualifying offer to keep him restricted. Butler is their third-string center, but is viewed as valuable in case Jerome James were to report out of shape. Butler, 21, showed potential in parts of two seasons with the Knicks as a low-post scorer.

The Spurs are desperate for a big man after losing their two centers - Nazr Mohammed and Rasho Nesterovic. Thomas said Monday he expected it to be "a long summer" regarding Butler's situation.

"My summer just got a lot shorter," said agent Keith Glass, who is close friends with Larry Brown. "We're grateful the Knicks pulled him out of the CBA. They were obviously correct to do that. I think San Antonio is a great place for him. If the Knicks choose to match, it shows they wanted him as well."

----

Magic Sign Free Agent Keith Bogans

July 13, 2006

Orlando, FL – The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard-forward Keith Bogans, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deals are not disclosed.

Bogans (6’5”, 215, 5/12/80) played in 72 games combined last season with both Charlotte and Houston, averaging 8.6 ppg., 3.5 rpg. and 1.8 apg. in 26.6 minpg. He began the 2005-06 campaign with the Bobcats, appearing in 39 games and averaging 8.7 ppg., 2.7 rpg. and 1.2 apg., before being traded to the Rockets on Feb. 9 in exchange for Lonny Baxter. In 33 contests with Houston (22 starts), Bogans averaged 8.5 ppg., 4.5 rpg. and 2.5 apg. He scored in double figures 29 times, including a season-high 22 points at Orlando on Jan. 7.

“Keith (Bogans) brings tremendous toughness to our team, especially on the defensive end of the floor,” said Smith. “He is a young veteran that we are familiar with, and the type of player that fits into our plan. We are very happy to have Keith back in Orlando.”

Originally selected by Milwaukee in the second round (43rd overall) of the 2003 NBA Draft, Bogans has appeared in 219 regular games during his NBA career with Orlando, Charlotte and Houston, averaging 8.4 ppg., 3.6 rpg. and 1.6 apg. in 25.1 minpg. He spent his rookie season with the Magic after Orlando acquired his draft rights from the Bucks on draft night (June 26, 2003). During his lone season with the Magic, Bogans played in 73 games (36 starts), averaging 6.8 ppg., 4.3 rpg. and 1.3 apg. in 24.5 minpg. He was traded to Charlotte on Nov. 1, 2004 in exchange for Brandon Hunter.

“We like Keith’s size, character and work ethic,” said Head Coach Brian Hill. “Keith will fill a role for us as both a physical defender and someone who can open the floor with his perimeter shooting ability.”

Bogans played four seasons at the University of Kentucky, averaging 14.2 ppg., 4.1 rpg., 2.3 apg. and 1.14 stlpg. in 135 career games. He finished his career as the fourth-leading scorer in Wildcats history, trailing only Dan Issel, Kenny Walker and Jack “Goose” Givens. Following his senior season (2002-03), Bogans was named the SEC Player of the Year and a Third Team All-America by AP, after averaging 15.7 ppg., 3.8 rpg., 2.7 apg. and 1.17 stlpg. in 36 games. He was also named Second Team All-SEC by AP and the league’s coaches as a sophomore (2000-01) and earned All-SEC Freshman Team honors in 1999-2000.

Looks like the Spurs found their Nazr Mohammed and Rasho Nesterovic replacement...Also looks like Magic aren't signing Kareem Rush any more...Should be interesting to see where he lands...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I like how some elite teams change some things, hopefully fucks up the chemistry n shit lol

is there any word out about wade?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I like how some elite teams change some things, hopefully fucks up the chemistry n shit lol

is there any word out about wade?

Wade signed an extension VVV

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/heat_resign_wade_060713.html
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 03:53:56 PM by Now_I_Know »