Author Topic: So, I picked up Pimp C's CD today...  (Read 219 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So, I picked up Pimp C's CD today...
« on: July 11, 2006, 06:46:40 PM »
Believe it or not, he only produced ONE track on the CD, "Havin Thangs 06."  It's still one hell of a CD though, but I wonder why he didn't do more of the producing.  Maybe he's being like Daz and wants to focus on being just a rapper.  Also, it says in the inlay that Yukmouth's Million Dollar Mouthpiece is coming July 25th, along wtih Trae's Restless.  I think Trae will actually drop, but I doubt that Yuk date will stick.

youngmessnucca

Re: So, I picked up Pimp C's CD today...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 10:48:34 PM »
Pimp DID step it up a bit on here

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 02:40:05 AM »
I really like this album  8)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 02:42:44 AM »
Damn, I thought he did most of the production  :(

But it's a godd album nontheless and "Havin' Thangs" is among my favourite tracks
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

ABN

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 02:48:53 AM »
i hope that they push Trae´s shit back and change the whole album coz i´ve heard the sampler and it´s frustrating to hear that shit when you know that he can do 10x better. he´s gone for a pretty commercial sound on the album and that´s not what i wanna hear from Trae. i´ll still buy the album coz he´s dropped so many dope albums thru out the years that i gotta support him. but i don´t wanna hear him rhyming along Three 6 when he´s better then the whole HCP combined, and who the fuck wanna hear Young Joc on a Trae album?

i´m thinking of picking up Pimp´s album but is it worth copping?

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 09:41:30 AM »
^^ I agree with you on that.  All of his previous albums sound better than the shit we've heard so far, outside of "Swang."  As far as this Pimp C album, you should definitely cop it, IMO its one of the best CDs of the year, and you can listen to the whole thing without skipping a track.

mauzip

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »