Author Topic: Fifa opens inquiry over Materazzi  (Read 233 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Fifa opens inquiry over Materazzi
« on: July 13, 2006, 07:06:19 AM »

Fifa opens inquiry over Materazzi

Fifa has opened disciplinary proceedings against Marco Materazzi's conduct in the World Cup final.

France skipper Zinedine Zidane was sent off in extra-time for headbutting Italy defender Marco Materazzi in the chest.

Italy went on to win the title in a penalty shoot-out after, but Zidane has since said he reacted to repeated provocation from his opponent.

Fifa has summoned both players to attend a hearing of its disciplinary committee Thursday 20 July in Zurich.

A decision is expected later that day.

Zidane said in an interview on French television that his actions were in response to repeated harsh insults from Materazzi about his mother and sister, but did not go into specifics.

A Fifa statement said: "The decision was taken following claims made by Zinedine Zidane, who attacked Materazzi with a headbutt during the final."

Zidane has the right to make a written statement, which must be submitted by Tuesday 18 July.

Materazzi will then be given a copy of the statement so he can respond.
NO MORE WAR

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Fifa opens inquiry over Materazzi
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 07:09:54 AM »
Thank God finally Zidane will talk about it without being omertoso.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 10:15:08 AM »
Man, they should just drop this shit...Who gives a fuck anymore?

coola

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 10:20:32 AM »
^ i'd say alot of people care.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 10:23:37 AM »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »
NO MORE WAR

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 12:00:11 PM »
Why do you guys care so much? You're media-whores, no better than tabloids...Dude just said something that pissed him off, he got angry, he retaliated...It happens ALL the time in sports, why do they need a "hearing of disciplinary committee" for this bullshit?

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 12:06:39 PM »
you don't understand.. say almost every country in the world had basketball teams comparable to the top flight US basketball teams in quality.  (as i see it right now the US has a monopoly on basketball..)

say every country could put up a good basketball team using the best of the best of players

(i know the states has in the past submitted a sup par bball team to the olympics as "pro" players often dont go for one reason or another.. whereas in soccer its the greatest honour... .)

say someone at the level of a jordan or a kobe t.. in the world championships in his last ever ever game for his country in the biggest game of the tournament watched by people from all over the planet.. say he headbutted someone? wouldnt you want to know? damn right you would.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 12:09:47 PM by Overseer »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 12:10:02 PM »
Why do you guys care so much? You're media-whores, no better than tabloids...Dude just said something that pissed him off, he got angry, he retaliated...It happens ALL the time in sports, why do they need a "hearing of disciplinary committee" for this bullshit?

There has been a lot of racism in european football.  FIFA started their whole "Say No To Racism" campaign, so it makes perfect sense what they are doing

To add to Seer's point, imagine if Jordan headbutted Stockton in the Finals, and lip readers would say that Stockton told him "get off, you fucking nigger".  This would be one of the biggest stories  in the history of sports. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 12:11:42 PM »
LOL, I get why everyone's getting all worked up, but I honestly believe things get blown out of proportion way too quickly...PeACe

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 12:20:25 PM »
its going to be hard to prove that MAterazzi said any racist commments unless he admits them cuz isnt it basically zidane's words against MAterazzi's? even if Materazzi has been known to have a violent possibly racist futbol background and that it was zidane he said it too its all circumstantial evidence.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 01:01:33 PM »
its going to be hard to prove that MAterazzi said any racist commments unless he admits them cuz isnt it basically zidane's words against MAterazzi's? even if Materazzi has been known to have a violent possibly racist futbol background and that it was zidane he said it too its all circumstantial evidence.

Materazzi doesn't have a racist futbol background.
He shares his room in the hotels when he travels with Inter with a Nigerian player, BLACK, MUSLIM, called Obafemi Martins.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 02:58:55 PM »
I'm still puzzled that with all the techniqual possibilities we got today, they don't seem to be able to find out what the fuck he said.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 03:19:40 PM »
Im confident,somebody will find the truth ;)
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

coola

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 04:28:30 AM »
^ i'm thinkin the great henry will get to the bottom of this.......