Author Topic: War With God  (Read 146 times)

BigBDrugStores

War With God
« on: July 14, 2006, 04:52:46 PM »
The Streets Is Talking: News & Notes From The Underground

You can call off Columbo and Magnum, PI: Ludacris has confessed to Mixtape Monday exactly who he is talking about on "War With God," in which he vents about being dissed subliminally. "It's about me," he laughed Friday night. "That's what the record is about. The record is about me."

Getting a little more serious, Luda said that during his outburst, he gives real insight into Christopher Bridges.

"A lot of people are saying a lot of things about that record," Luda continued. "It's made a helluva impact. That record right there is so much more about me being honest about myself. And I feel it's me distinguishing myself from what a lot of the rest of the music industry is doing. I'm tired of being compared. Don't compare me to anyone; this is me. I'm confessing things about myself — this is what I do — as opposed to trying to hurt someone's feelings. I've heard a lot of subliminal things said from not only rappers but even journalists in magazines [about me]. That record is me taking soft jabs right back at them."

For the past couple of weeks, people have been talking about exactly who Ludacris was addressing. Many names have come up in chat rooms and barbershops, with T.I. — who once sparred with Luda — the top suspect. The two agreed to end their quarreling a long time ago and even posed in the same picture for MTV's "A Great Day in Atlanta" earlier this year. But could an old rivalry be rehashed?

'Cris denies having Tip in mind when he penned the track and reiterated that it wasn't geared to one particular person.

"I haven't reached out to him, he hasn't reached out to me," Luda said about his communication with T.I. in the wake of "War With God." "As far as I'm concerned, [our beef] was squashed. When we see each other, it's cool. I just recently seen [T.I.] at the MTV Movie Awards. We spoke, everything's good."

So is Luda worried about anyone responding to him?

"You know that old saying, 'The guilty will speak'?" he said with a wink. "You never know."

Luda also added that the released version of "War With God" only has two verses and there is a third that no one has heard yet, but it will come out soon. Over the weekend, another song from Cris' upcoming Release Therapy leaked: "Tell It Like It Is," where he further gives thoughts on Chingy leaving Luda's Disturbing Tha Peace imprint, advice on how to survive in the music industry and mocks rappers who do not have their business correct. ...

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/071006/

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: War With God
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 05:53:15 PM »
busta rhymes kindas took the concept for southern hospitality and ran with it for ny shit.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 02:40:09 AM »
Cant wait for his new LP

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 06:31:13 PM »
I love this song...When is he gonna drop that last verse? Anyone know?

The Best of 3 Worlds