Author Topic: New horror movie 'Wolf Creek'.. the new blair witch? trailer link inside  (Read 202 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lemme tell yall something. 

I've got a friend who lives in Australia, she told me about a year and a half ago, "Man, I just got home from the shittiest movie ever made" and told me about this movie with no plot, no excitement, and she complained it didn't even have any good nude scenes or anything, lol.

Well, flash forward about 6 months, I had forgotten all about that, and saw the preview for "Wolf Creek".  I love horror movies, so I decided to go see it.  About 30 minutes into it, I realized this was the shitty movie she was talking about (it was filmed in Australia).  I watched for almost an hour, it was the most boring bullshit I have ever seen in my life, then I did something I've only done 3 times out of all the hundreds and hundreds of movies I've seen in the theatres: I walked out.

This is one of the ONLY movies I've ever seen that was so bad, I didn't even stay to watch the end of it.  HORRIBLE movie, so fucking boring.  Nothing at all like the Blair Witch. 

This is nothing like "Blair Witch"...It's 1000 times better, "Blair Witch" pretty much sucked. You probably walked out of the theatre before the horror scenes even started (yes, this film moves a little slow). This movie resembles "Texas Chainsaw Massacare" A LOT. How can you be a horror fan and just write off this movie, which is pretty much a retro horror flick? The formula is basically what horror movies are made out of...I agree that the movie takes time to pick up its pace, but once it does, there are definitely scenes a true horror fan would enjoy...

And a horror film with good reviews?!:

"[It's] scary cinema pushed to the brink of punishment. But there's no question that what it sets out to do, it does alarmingly well."
-- Dennis Harvey, Variety.com

"Made with the intention to scare moviegoers silly, and it succeeds."
-- Mack Bates, MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINEL

"Unlike so many of its slick counterparts, Wolf Creek is genuinely unnerving and sometimes upsetting."
-- Josh Bell, LAS VEGAS WEEKLY

"A solid flick that was robbed a bit in its theatrical release"
-- Kevin Carr, 7M PICTURES

"...its debt to...Texas Chainsaw Massacre is obvious. Still, this is a gritty flick that must be giving Australia's Outback tourism industry a bad case of heartburn. "
-- Laura Clifford, REELING REVIEWS

"One of the most viciously nasty horror thrillers in recent memory. But the extreme grisliness is purely gratuitous."
-- Rich Cline, SHADOWS ON THE WALL

"Mick Taylor should be in the pantheon of classic horror characters along with Leatherface and Freddy Krueger."
-- Edward Douglas, COMINGSOON.NET

"A lo-fi masterpiece, an intense ride through your worst nightmares."
-- Phoebe Flowers, SOUTH FLORIDA SUN-SENTINEL

"The transference of nail biting insanity from screen to ticket holders is what ultimately drives the picture and makes it almost an interactive experience."
-- Spence D., IGN FILMFORCE

"In this era of horror films soullessly carted out of Hollywood, Wolf Creek immediately stands apart from the pack."
-- Ed Gonzalez, SLANT MAGAZINE

"An unusually crisp and boldly shot Texas Chainsaw Massacre knockoff."
-- Owen Gleiberman, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

"Wolf Creek is an unrelenting, grueling experience."
-- Devin Faraci, CHUD

"Interesting, though always difficult, viewing."
-- Francesca Dinglasan, BOXOFFICE MAGAZINE

And this one is for Trauma, who chose to walk out of a film half-way through, when the 2nd half is what makes the movie:

"The even pacing and attention to character detail is what makes that harrowing second half so effective."
-- Ken Fox, TV GUIDE'S MOVIE GUIDE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Really good movie