Author Topic: Tim Duncan > Kobe Bryant  (Read 704 times)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Tim Duncan > Kobe Bryant
« on: July 18, 2006, 09:43:50 PM »
Ive finally changed my mind.  For the last couple of years I have always said Kobe was the best player in the league with Duncan and Lebron right behind.  After thinking about it I have to say that Tim Duncan is the still the best player in the league. He was the best player in the playoffs and if Parker or Manu would of played even CLOSE to their potential the Spurs would have another title.  I know Kobe is legendary and special in SOOO many ways I meen I get goosebumps when I watch him play and I dont even like him but imo right now Duncan is still the best in the league.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tim Duncan > Kobe Bryant
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 09:45:28 PM »
Well he wasn't even the best PF in 2005

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 09:50:02 PM »
Well he wasn't even the best PF in 2005

Yes he was, stats wise KG, JO, Chris Bosh, and Elton Brand might have had equal or better stats but from just WATCHING them all play Duncan is better than all of them.  And in the playoffs Duncan put up monster numbers!  Duncan doesnt take even close to as many shots as Kobe or Iverson for example.  Pound for Pound if your looking for rebounding, defense, offense, and just making your teammates better than you would have to say TD is the best player in the league.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 09:53:31 PM »
Last year Duncan scored 19ppg off of 15 shots per game, very efficient. Plus he is one of the best rebounders and defenders in the league.  Overall he is the best

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 09:56:17 PM »
lol really, if you haven't noticed his games in decline. his points, rebounds, blocks, free-throw%, and field goal% were all below his career avgs. not to mention dude cant hit a free throw to close out a game. he wasnt the best player in the playoffs didnt you seee Wade??:grumpy: he put up big #s against Dallas but not Sacremento. he also has to rely on his teamates now. 2-3 years ago it wasnt a problem if ginobli or parker had bad games because he would dominate. not anymore.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 10:23:17 PM »
lol really, if you haven't noticed his games in decline. his points, rebounds, blocks, free-throw%, and field goal% were all below his career avgs. not to mention dude cant hit a free throw to close out a game. he wasnt the best player in the playoffs didnt you seee Wade??:grumpy: he put up big #s against Dallas but not Sacremento. he also has to rely on his teamates now. 2-3 years ago it wasnt a problem if ginobli or parker had bad games because he would dominate. not anymore.

Wade was great in the playoffs but Duncan was better lol, if Duncan got all the calls Wade gets then you would def be thinking differently.  And yes this last year was probably Timmy's worst season ever but imo he is STILL the best player in the league.  Dude in the playoffs Manu and Parker were subpar and the Spurs still came half a minute a away from returning to the finals again.  Im sorry but Duncan is still the most valuable player in the league.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 10:25:30 PM »
He's not.  It's just that simple  ;)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 10:28:46 PM »
He's not.  It's just that simple  ;)

thats your opinion but its ridicolous how you think its not even close.  Duncan has 3 Titles and yes he has had talent around him but he never had Shaq like Kobe did and he never had Kobe or Wade like Shaq did.  You might think he is boring but he is the most effecient player in the league and that meens alot. No one is as important to their team as Duncan is.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 10:31:20 PM »
I never said it wasn't close.  Your opinion is that he's the best, but the evidence shows that he wasn't even the best PF last year. 

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 10:37:03 PM »

Wade was great in the playoffs but Duncan was better lol, if Duncan got all the calls Wade gets then you would def be thinking differently.  And yes this last year was probably Timmy's worst season ever but imo he is STILL the best player in the league.  Dude in the playoffs Manu and Parker were subpar and the Spurs still came half a minute a away from returning to the finals again.  Im sorry but Duncan is still the most valuable player in the league.
How were they a half minute away from the finals when they didnt even get past the 2nd round? and please explain to me how Duncan was better than Wade?

Duncan stats

Wade stats

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 10:39:15 PM »
lmfao
spice is acting like NIK excpet its al bout duncan.
duncan was the best player in the league but not anymore.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 10:39:58 PM »
I never said it wasn't close.  Your opinion is that he's the best, but the evidence shows that he wasn't even the best PF last year. 

But he was the best pf last year, you cant just look at stats.  Even though Jermaine O'neal or Kevin Garnett or Elton Brand had better stats than TD last year it doesnt meen that they are better.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 10:42:01 PM »

How were they a half minute away from the finals when they didnt even get past the 2nd round? and please explain to me how Duncan was better than Wade?

Duncan stats

Wade stats

hahah ok your right about one thing I fucked up saying half a minute away from the finals cause they lost in the second round but I said that just cause everyone knows they would of beat the Suns. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »
LMFAO! Duncan isn't even the best player on his team, let alone the best player in the league...This is ridiculous, man.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:23:50 PM by Now_I_Know »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 11:14:54 PM »
LMFAO! Duncan isn't even the best player in the league, let alone the best player in the league...This is ridiculous, man.
???