Author Topic: BIg Hutch coming Home!!!!  (Read 501 times)

youngmessnucca

Re: BIg Hutch coming Home!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 02:10:10 PM »
According to the group’s representative Damon X, “Those familiar with Above The Law, can bear witness that the group have made it their responsibility on every record to speak on the issues that affect them and their community at-large which is really just a microcosm of everything that is wrong with this country. In fact, it could be stated that they are a cross between Public Enemy and N.W.A., young revolutionaries who speak directly to the masses of people of color. With a name like “Above The Law” and albums titled “Black Mafia Life” “Living Like Hustlers”, and “Uncle Sam’s Curse” the snakes that make up this country’s judicial system found a way to silence them, since they couldn’t do it in the music industry, but it was only a temporary set-back.”

::)  ;D  ::)  ;D

I love how he makes them out to be revolutionaries who were speaking so much truth that the govt. silenced them.  Nobody outside of Pomona even gives a fuck about ATL these days, and hardly anyone outside of Cali even remembers they exist.  I'm pretty sure that the govt. has better things to do than silence rap niggas who (1.) Are barely known to the majority of the population, and (2.) Were rarely "political" rappers even in their early days.  Calling them a cross between N.W.A. and PE is laughable.

Is that you God????

must be since he calls himself that

definitley

Quadruple OG

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 02:24:50 PM »
makes me reminisce on the days when Damon X and Nino would argue in almost every thread

Eihtball

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 05:59:10 PM »
Is that you God????

Yes, I am GOD.  How nice that you recognize Blackman's true status.

They were more about social comentary then being political.  There is plenty of social comentary all over their albums.  Ice Cube was more about social comentary then he was political.

ATL was about social commentary in only the most elementary sense.  "Uncle Sam's Curse" is the sole exception to that rule, and even that album was still almost straight-up G-Funk gangsta rap except on a few tracks.  Da Lench Mob was socially conscious gangsta rap.  So are Dead Prez and Black Market Militia.  ATL aren't even close to that.  The fact that Damon X always plays them up like they're on Cube's level is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:01:56 PM by 2 Muh'phuccin Xtra 4 Cali »

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 08:40:04 PM »
It would be dope to see Dubcnn interview him. Thats definitely gotta happen, ASAP.

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 09:01:29 PM »
ATL always repped the west coast thats for sure. I like "indonesia","Black superman" and V.S.O.P.

www.myspace.com/thablaqsinattra
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:03:08 PM by Tha_Blaq_Sinattra »

westkoastanostra

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 11:49:38 PM »
Is that you God????

AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 12:29:43 AM »
It would be dope to see Dubcnn interview him. Thats definitely gotta happen, ASAP.

Yea hopefully - ya'll remember we were the last media outlet he spoke with before he began his stretch?  we did that video interview on the day before he went in....

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rudki

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 11:38:55 AM »
According to the group’s representative Damon X, “Those familiar with Above The Law, can bear witness that the group have made it their responsibility on every record to speak on the issues that affect them and their community at-large which is really just a microcosm of everything that is wrong with this country. In fact, it could be stated that they are a cross between Public Enemy and N.W.A., young revolutionaries who speak directly to the masses of people of color. With a name like “Above The Law” and albums titled “Black Mafia Life” “Living Like Hustlers”, and “Uncle Sam’s Curse” the snakes that make up this country’s judicial system found a way to silence them, since they couldn’t do it in the music industry, but it was only a temporary set-back.”

::)  ;D  ::)  ;D

I love how he makes them out to be revolutionaries who were speaking so much truth that the govt. silenced them.  Nobody outside of Pomona even gives a fuck about ATL these days, and hardly anyone outside of Cali even remembers they exist.  I'm pretty sure that the govt. has better things to do than silence rap niggas who (1.) Are barely known to the majority of the population, and (2.) Were rarely "political" rappers even in their early days.  Calling them a cross between N.W.A. and PE is laughable.

thats B.S Hutch and ATL get alotta love from UK, Germany quite alot of places, check their forum for proof of that.

Eihtball

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 12:09:34 PM »
thats B.S Hutch and ATL get alotta love from UK, Germany quite alot of places, check their forum for proof of that.

LOL, son, that don't count...I'm talking about people other than West Coast fanboys.  Their record sales don't lie - I can't remember the last time I heard "Black Superman" or "V.S.O.P" on the radio.  ATL was nothing but a footnote in WS history.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 02:18:09 PM »
fuck record sales...i dont give a shit if they never blew up...they made some dope music  thats why i'm still checking for them....

Eihtball

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 07:22:15 AM »
fuck record sales...i dont give a shit if they never blew up...they made some dope music  thats why i'm still checking for them....

I still listen to ATL, too.  But this other cat's got it twisted...ATL definitely ain't a big-name group.

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 09:12:48 AM »
Is that you God????

They were more about social comentary then being political.  There is plenty of social comentary all over their albums.  Ice Cube was more about social comentary then he was political.

ATL was about social commentary in only the most elementary sense.  "Uncle Sam's Curse" is the sole exception to that rule, and even that album was still almost straight-up G-Funk gangsta rap except on a few tracks.  Da Lench Mob was socially conscious gangsta rap.  So are Dead Prez and Black Market Militia.  ATL aren't even close to that.  The fact that Damon X always plays them up like they're on Cube's level is ridiculous.

Speaking on what goes on in their neighborhood is social commentary.  Having social commentary in your music is not the same as being socially conscious.  By All Means Neccesary had social commentary all over it but was not really what one would call a socially conscious album.
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

Eihtball

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 10:37:04 AM »
Speaking on what goes on in their neighborhood is social commentary.  Having social commentary in your music is not the same as being socially conscious.  By All Means Neccesary had social commentary all over it but was not really what one would call a socially conscious album.

BDP also didn't tend to talk about pimping and V.S.O.P as much as ATL does.  That kinda stuff was always dominant in their lyrics.  Not to mention that any intelligent commentary they ever made was all but gone by the time they put out "Time Will Reveal".

The point is, Damon X is acting like the government is out to silence them, when the fact is that nobody gives a fuck about them anymore.