Author Topic: Greatest East Coast Rapper Of All Time?  (Read 1518 times)

herpes

Re: Greatest East Coast Rapper Of All Time?
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2006, 06:51:12 PM »
too be honest, i really surprised to see Jay get this much love especially from here.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2006, 06:53:33 PM »
Gotta give it to JAy-z

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2006, 06:53:58 PM »
Nas

...I know, I know, he is very inconsistent.  But he's had the greatest East Coast album ever, "Illmatic", and 4 other solid records in "It Was Written", "Stillmatic", "Lost Tapes" and "God's Son."

He's also done good work on guest appearances, and in groups like The Firm, stuff like that.

-He's an intelligent rapper, like he says, he's a "rappers rapper".

-His creativity in tracks like the one about his Gun on "It Was Written", probably gave 2pac his idea for "Me And My Girlfriend".  Also, he comes out every now and then with a track like, "My Book of Rhymes", that is really creative and pushes the envelop lyrically, and conceptually. 

-What really made him great was when he came back from his wack Nas Escobar phase and dropped "Stillmatic".  That's when he really reclaimed the thrown.  Tracks like Poison ("What Goes Around Comes Around"), "One Mic", "Yur The Man".. .these are classic Nas tracks, introspective, lyrical.

-Nas is a great lyricist, and he's still around, holdin it down today, when everyone was gets away from the lyrics, Nas is always the rapper who is still mainstream, and still puts 100% into his lyrics. 
What was the song called from STILLMATIC where Nas rapped the whole song backwards?

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2006, 06:58:14 PM »
Biggie was great but how can anyone say that a guy that only put out 2 albums while he was alive is the GOAT of the east coast?

Rakim
Big Daddy Kane
KRS ONE
Jay-Z
Nas

Greatest Groups
Wu Tang Clan
Mobb Deep
BDP
Juice Crew
EPMD

The Best of 3 Worlds

herpes

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2006, 07:26:11 PM »
Nas

...I know, I know, he is very inconsistent.  But he's had the greatest East Coast album ever, "Illmatic", and 4 other solid records in "It Was Written", "Stillmatic", "Lost Tapes" and "God's Son."

He's also done good work on guest appearances, and in groups like The Firm, stuff like that.

-He's an intelligent rapper, like he says, he's a "rappers rapper".

-His creativity in tracks like the one about his Gun on "It Was Written", probably gave 2pac his idea for "Me And My Girlfriend".  Also, he comes out every now and then with a track like, "My Book of Rhymes", that is really creative and pushes the envelop lyrically, and conceptually. 

-What really made him great was when he came back from his wack Nas Escobar phase and dropped "Stillmatic".  That's when he really reclaimed the thrown.  Tracks like Poison ("What Goes Around Comes Around"), "One Mic", "Yur The Man".. .these are classic Nas tracks, introspective, lyrical.

-Nas is a great lyricist, and he's still around, holdin it down today, when everyone was gets away from the lyrics, Nas is always the rapper who is still mainstream, and still puts 100% into his lyrics. 
What was the song called from STILLMATIC where Nas rapped the whole song backwards?

rewind

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2006, 03:46:48 AM »
BTW, Mac 10 should be ashamed of himself talking down Biggie like hes done in this thread...... :nawty:

I stated an opinion on the 1st page, it was some asswipe that carried it on and dragged it out for another 2 pages.
NO MORE WAR

herpes

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2006, 11:32:33 AM »
BTW, Mac 10 should be ashamed of himself talking down Biggie like hes done in this thread...... :nawty:

I stated an opinion on the 1st page, it was some asswipe that carried it on and dragged it out for another 2 pages.
dont be mad at me that other people think your a jack off lol.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2006, 11:34:57 AM »

dont be mad at me that other people think your a jack off lol.

I was just clearing things up boyo, so he understood.
NO MORE WAR

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2006, 12:44:19 PM »
BIG was amazing, he was one of those rappers like pac who would just grow and get better with each album, shame he had to go, opposite of most rappers like snoop who decline with each album

Ready to Die was much better than Life After Death, don't see too much growth there, or any reason for you to have come to that opinion.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2006, 06:24:15 PM »
^^I actually disagree with your comment, I think Life After Death was fuckin' amazing, there was a few fillers but if you look at the cd as a whole it was better than Ready To Die, but to each is own

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2006, 07:03:17 PM »
how come nobody has nominated Big Pun

maybe not the best, but he is one of the top artists from the east

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2006, 08:44:40 PM »
Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, C.L. Smooth

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2006, 10:04:12 PM »
Knowledge Reign Supreme Over Nearly Everyone

much love to Notorious BIG

hempkside2

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2006, 08:18:39 AM »
how come nobody has nominated Big Pun

maybe not the best, but he is one of the top artists from the east
bigpun.u happy now,ya toothless freak.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2006, 08:27:38 AM »
^^ yes, quite happy
on a side-note, i have all my teeth and i am not a freak, thank u very much lol

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!