Author Topic: ready to die or life after death  (Read 779 times)

Eihtball

Re: ready to die or life after death
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 06:45:40 AM »
My definition is from dictionary.com...You lose. 8)

LOL, this is typical of attention-deficit youngstas these days.  First thing we do is go to dictionary.com and take the first definition we see?  I don't suppose it occurred to you that the definition you selected is the WRONG one?  You even picked an adjective when "classic" as we're using it is obviously a noun.

THIS is the one you should have picked, and as you can tell, it supports MY argument:

An artist, author, or work generally considered to be of the highest rank or excellence, especially one of enduring significance.

It also has:

A work recognized as definitive in its field.

Oops...I just ethered you using your own method.  Now YOU lost, son.  Apologize to the GOD now that I have proven you wrong.

yup i agree with u about the classic thing .... "baby one more time" a classic LOL....and this guy is "never" wrong  ::)

Except that I just owned this kid, proving you wrong.

The GOD is never wrong.  That is how I got to be a GOD in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:49:12 AM by 2 Muh'phuccin Xtra 4 Cali »

Diabolical

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 07:35:57 AM »
Ready To Die

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 10:14:59 AM »

LOL, this is typical of attention-deficit youngstas these days.  First thing we do is go to dictionary.com and take the first definition we see?  I don't suppose it occurred to you that the definition you selected is the WRONG one?  You even picked an adjective when "classic" as we're using it is obviously a noun.

THIS is the one you should have picked, and as you can tell, it supports MY argument:

An artist, author, or work generally considered to be of the highest rank or excellence, especially one of enduring significance.

It also has:

Oops...I just ethered you using your own method.  Now YOU lost, son.  Apologize to the GOD now that I have proven you wrong.

yup i agree with u about the classic thing .... "baby one more time" a classic LOL....and this guy is "never" wrong  ::)

I'm sorry but you really do need to get off your own dick for a second

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 10:39:51 AM »

It also has:

Seriously, you need to take that finger out your asshole, son. We ARE talking about the word classic as an adjective, genius. "Ready To Die is a classic album"...In this sentence, what is the word "classic?" A noun? I didn't think so...

And here is a definition YOU gave for classic. "work recognized as definitive in its field."...And what defines "definitive"? "Definitive - Authoritative and complete: a definitive biography."...So according to your definition, "Life After Death" is NOT a classic, seeing as it has a lot of fillers. A complete album is a quality album...If I just sonned a God, what does that make me? 8)

PS...For the record, I do think "Life After Death" is a classic.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 11:23:07 AM »

It also has:

shut the fuck up!....

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 11:24:43 AM »
life after death is more my style but ready to die is up there with the best rap albums of all time without a shadow of a doubt

Eihtball

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 12:20:37 PM »
My, my, my, when are you shorties gon learn?  You simply CANNOT prove me wrong.  I am one of the Poor Righteous Teachers, always informed, never ignorant.  If you try to talk to a GOD like that, you're always gonna get schooled.

Seriously, you need to take that finger out your asshole, son. We ARE talking about the word classic as an adjective, genius. "Ready To Die is a classic album"...In this sentence, what is the word "classic?" A noun? I didn't think so...

That can be done, yes, but we are most interested in the noun form because we are looking to figure out, "What is a classic?"

And besides, the adjective definition you picked was obviously THE WRONG ONE!  So you are still wrong on that point.

And here is a definition YOU gave for classic. "work recognized as definitive in its field."...And what defines "definitive"? "Definitive - Authoritative and complete: a definitive biography."...So according to your definition, "Life After Death" is NOT a classic, seeing as it has a lot of fillers. A complete album is a quality album...If I just sonned a God, what does that make me? 8)

You did not school the GOD, you just made yourself look foolish again.  You think cause you can whip out dictionary.com you're a GOD like me?  Wrong, son...

You ignored the first definition I gave, which is the one that is most important when discussing art of any sort.  THAT definition completely disproves your argument because it confirms what I have argued - which is that a work must be (a.) of quality and (b.) of enduring significance.  The 2nd is merely an extension.

And who said "Life After Death" has filler?  Most people agree it is one of the only rap double-albums which has close to NO filler whatsoever.   "Wu Tang Forever" has some filler.  "All Eyez On Me" has LOTS of filler. "The Art of War" is almost ALL filler.  But "Life After Death" is widely regarded as the only double-album to avoid this curse.  In which case, it is a quality album.

PS...For the record, I do think "Life After Death" is a classic.

Yes, but you contradicted the GOD.  Nobody does that and gets away with it.

shut the fuck up!....

Aw, mad again, huh?

The GOD cannot be defeated.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 12:22:12 PM by 2 Muh'phuccin Xtra 4 Cali »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2006, 12:47:51 PM »
(a.) of quality and (b.) of enduring significance. 

Thank you!...Like I've BEEN saying, quality, though not the only factor in deciding a classic, comes FIRST...

Now explain:

And yes, "Baby One More Time" is arguably a classic -

...You're only a God to the sonned. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2006, 12:49:58 PM »
PS...As for "Life After Death", it was known that Puffy wanted to trim the album down and fix up the production on some of the tracks...Any real hip-hop head will tell you "Life After Death" contains a few filler tracks. ::)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »
What a stupid fuckin question.

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2006, 01:48:14 AM »
I don't think this deserves to be a question...

"Ready To Die" >> "Life After Death"
8) 8) 8)

I could listen to ready to die from start to end, life after death, maybe every other song if not every 3 songs.

Eihtball

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2006, 06:55:38 AM »
Thank you!...Like I've BEEN saying, quality, though not the only factor in deciding a classic, comes FIRST...

Now explain:

...You're only a God to the sonned. :-X

No, you've been using quality almost exclusively as your definition of classic, even to the point that you argue Tech N9ne's albums are "classics".  My point is that an album's significance over time is ultimately its biggest factor in determining quality.

As I have said before, "Dogg Food" is certainly a quality album (by West Coast standards), but who besides West Coast fans remember it now, more than 10 years later?  In comparison, "The Chronic" and "Doggystyle" are still in regular rotation today, so they have this elusive thing that you don't seem to understand called "enduring significance".

God to the sonned?  No, son, I am a Blackman.  All Blackman = GODS.  You grafted spawn will soon fall to us when we take over again.

PS...As for "Life After Death", it was known that Puffy wanted to trim the album down and fix up the production on some of the tracks...Any real hip-hop head will tell you "Life After Death" contains a few filler tracks. ::)

And?  Dre has said that he is embarrassed by "Straight Outta Compton" because he threw it together in two weeks just so N.W.A. could sell it outta trunks.  When an artist says something like that, it's called "being modest".

A few filler tracks?  So the fuck what!  3-4 fillers across 24?  Not nearly enough to detract from the finished product.  If your ears can't tell you "Life After Death" is a complete, well-produced album, you ain't hearin it, son.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 07:00:42 AM by 2 Muh'phuccin Xtra 4 Cali »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »
No, you've been using quality almost exclusively as your definition of classic, even to the point that you argue Tech N9ne's albums are "classics".  My point is that an album's significance over time is ultimately its biggest factor in determining quality.

No. You're wrong again. This is what I said:

a classic is defined by the quality of the music first and foremost.

...And if you knew anything about hip-hop and "enduring significance", you'd know what Tech N9ne has done for the Missouri hip-hop scene with his first few albums. He put so many people on and gave so many a chance, some would even argue he's the only reason Nelly is famous today...

As I have said before, "Dogg Food" is certainly a quality album (by West Coast standards), but who besides West Coast fans remember it now, more than 10 years later?  In comparison, "The Chronic" and "Doggystyle" are still in regular rotation today, so they have this elusive thing that you don't seem to understand called "enduring significance".

God to the sonned?  No, son, I am a Blackman.  All Blackman = GODS.  You grafted spawn will soon fall to us when we take over again.

Sorry, the word blackman does not exist in reality...Same goes for your common sense. :-X

A few filler tracks?  So the fuck what!  3-4 fillers across 24?  Not nearly enough to detract from the finished product.  If your ears can't tell you "Life After Death" is a complete, well-produced album, you ain't hearin it, son.

"Life After Death" is a classic, because even if there are a few fillers (which there obviously ARE), it's still an amazing album overall. Doesn't mean the quality couldn't have been better, you're just too dumb to understand that. Just like you're too dumb to understand what makes an album a classic...

P.S. "Dogg Food" is easily a classic. If "Dogg Food" isn't classic by your embarassing standards, the west coast hip-hop scene has only put out roughly 3 classic albums, which is absurd, just like the way you think...Done.

Eihtball

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2006, 06:40:53 AM »

What you said and how you have acted are two different things.  You have continued to treat quality as if it's the only thing that matters.  That is pretty much the only way you could make the argument that Tech N9ne or DPG have made classic albums.

...And if you knew anything about hip-hop and "enduring significance", you'd know what Tech N9ne has done for the Missouri hip-hop scene with his first few albums. He put so many people on and gave so many a chance, some would even argue he's the only reason Nelly is famous today...

What has he done, seriously?  And how is he at all responsible for Nelly's success?  If anyone put the state of Missouri on the map, it was definitely Nelly.  If it had been Tech N9ne, more people would know who he is...but they don't, do they?  Outside of Kansas City, he's a nobody.  When an artist is barely known outside of their state (let alone their hometown), that usually says wonders about their popularity and their impact upon hip-hop as a whole (not just one small area).

Sorry, the word blackman does not exist in reality...Same goes for your common sense. :-X

LOL, as is typical of suburban honkys, you probably been listening to Nas or Wu Tang forever, and yet you aren't even remotely familiar with the tenets of the 5% Nation or Supreme Mathametics which they recite ad nauseum in their lyrics?

Blackman = GOD.  End of story.

"Life After Death" is a classic, because even if there are a few fillers (which there obviously ARE), it's still an amazing album overall. Doesn't mean the quality couldn't have been better, you're just too dumb to understand that. Just like you're too dumb to understand what makes an album a classic...

No, I'm sure the quality could have been better.  And the person who's too dumb to understand the definition of classic is YOU, grafted spawn.

P.S. "Dogg Food" is easily a classic. If "Dogg Food" isn't classic by your embarassing standards, the west coast hip-hop scene has only put out roughly 3 classic albums, which is absurd, just like the way you think...Done.

LOL, 3 classic albums, how the fuck did your amazing powers of deduction reach that highly illogical conclusion?  The West Coast has put out far more than 3 classic albums, but "Dogg Food" ain't one of 'em.

How is it a classic if nobody outside of West Coast fans remembers it?  Most people wouldn't even know who the fuck DPG is if Snoop didn't shout them out at every chance he gets.  If "Dogg Food" were a classic, it would be better known in the mainstream.  But it's not, which says that it has no enduring significance.  Even if the production was as good as "The Chronic" and "Doggystyle" and even if Kurupt is an ill lyricist, that album did not have a significant impact upon West Coast hip-hop or hip-hop in general...and this is reflected in the fact that it's barely remembered today.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2006, 11:08:08 AM »

What you said and how you have acted are two different things.  You have continued to treat quality as if it's the only thing that matters.  That is pretty much the only way you could make the argument that Tech N9ne or DPG have made classic albums.

What has he done, seriously?  And how is he at all responsible for Nelly's success?  If anyone put the state of Missouri on the map, it was definitely Nelly.  If it had been Tech N9ne, more people would know who he is...but they don't, do they?  Outside of Kansas City, he's a nobody.  When an artist is barely known outside of their state (let alone their hometown), that usually says wonders about their popularity and their impact upon hip-hop as a whole (not just one small area).

LOL, as is typical of suburban honkys, you probably been listening to Nas or Wu Tang forever, and yet you aren't even remotely familiar with the tenets of the 5% Nation or Supreme Mathametics which they recite ad nauseum in their lyrics?

Blackman = GOD.  End of story.

No, I'm sure the quality could have been better.  And the person who's too dumb to understand the definition of classic is YOU, grafted spawn.

LOL, 3 classic albums, how the fuck did your amazing powers of deduction reach that highly illogical conclusion?  The West Coast has put out far more than 3 classic albums, but "Dogg Food" ain't one of 'em.

How is it a classic if nobody outside of West Coast fans remembers it?  Most people wouldn't even know who the fuck DPG is if Snoop didn't shout them out at every chance he gets.  If "Dogg Food" were a classic, it would be better known in the mainstream.  But it's not, which says that it has no enduring significance.  Even if the production was as good as "The Chronic" and "Doggystyle" and even if Kurupt is an ill lyricist, that album did not have a significant impact upon West Coast hip-hop or hip-hop in general...and this is reflected in the fact that it's barely remembered today.

Do you realize that if every hip-hop artist thought like you, no rapper in the world would attempt to put out quality music?...Wait a minute, that's already the case. People like you are what's wrong with hip-hop nowadays, no lie. You obviously don't know shit about Tech N9ne, he revolutionized the whole KC rap scene, more than half of it only exists because of people he put on. So many people have tried biting his style and failed at it. LMAO@he's a nobody outside of KC. WOW! Shows how much you know, Tech N9ne gets soooo much love from the Bay to LA, he had ties with everyone, from E40, to Yukmouth, to Roger Troutman, to 2Pac...In fact, he currently lives in LA, and his music is very popular amongst LA heads...Unfortunately, you're too busy believing "Baby One More Time" is anything more than trash to realize that. How is "Dogg Food" a classic? Ummm, maybe because it was the biggest fucking Dogg Pound (<<a legendary group amonst the west coast) album ever. Maybe because it had bangin track after bangin track all the way through. Maybe because it is flawlessly produced. Maybe because Daz & Kurupt would probably be crackhead bums on the streets if it wasn't for that album. "Dogg Food" > "Life After Death"...And I know all about the bullshit ass 5%er beliefs, believeing you are superior due to race=Nazi. You have a lot of growing up to do...PeACe