Author Topic: Juve on sale: Cannavaro-Emerson to Real, Zambrotta-Thuram to Barca  (Read 320 times)

Intriago33

Re: Juve on sale: Cannavaro-Emerson to Real, Zambrotta-Thuram to Barca
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 07:21:45 AM »
antonio, any word on del piero's situation?...i heard some talk about him going to chievo

peace

hes staying it was on reuters yesterday his agent said hes staying

damn thats loyalty stupidity

Del Piero is not just a player. He's our all time #1 scorer, and he'll be remembered as one of our best players ever. Plus he'll finish being our president or something like that. He has 32 years, he just doesnt want to ruin his legacy going to another club just to get 1 more million of €. He's loyal, and he's the most loved Juventus player ever, by us. He's staying. I think he did a great choice.

Nedved is staying too. And Buffon too.

Those people are not stupid.

I wouldn't get over-confident on Buffon and Nedved.

The more players to leave, the less attractive staying at Juventus really is.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 07:23:57 AM »
NO MORE WAR

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 07:44:13 AM »
antonio, any word on del piero's situation?...i heard some talk about him going to chievo

peace

hes staying it was on reuters yesterday his agent said hes staying

damn thats loyalty stupidity

Del Piero is not just a player. He's our all time #1 scorer, and he'll be remembered as one of our best players ever. Plus he'll finish being our president or something like that. He has 32 years, he just doesnt want to ruin his legacy going to another club just to get 1 more million of €. He's loyal, and he's the most loved Juventus player ever, by us. He's staying. I think he did a great choice.

Nedved is staying too. And Buffon too.

Those people are not stupid.

I wouldn't get over-confident on Buffon and Nedved.

Nedved is 100% sure.
Buffon is in our hands. And we said he'll stay, so let's say it's 95% sure.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 10:33:52 AM »
P.S. Bomb-A® i'm the admin of www.juvefans.org
I've seen you registered to it? ;)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 10:37:04 AM »

the total number of members has now doubled  :P
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 06:41:15 PM »
Its like Leeds United all over again......But IMO both Leeds and Juventus WILL be back in the big time, next 5 years.

The Maestro

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 04:47:55 AM »
i havent commented this earlier, but it's absolutely right that juve is going down.... a disgrace for football... 2 years in serie b and 1 year in serie c will. do them good.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 07:57:15 AM »

i did but i cant understand anything...its all italian...even after selecting the english option, everything shows in italian

peace

Bomb-A®

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 08:13:02 AM »
The FC Barcelona manager is delighted with the signings of Lilian Thuram and Gianluca Zambrotta and considers the team has a fantastic squad going into the new season.

In an exclusive interview with www.fcbarcelona.com and Barça TV the head coach of Barça, Frank Rijkaard, has expressed his joy at the signings of Thuram and Zambrotta. He thinks they are the ideal reinforcements in a side that is aiming to win no fewer than six titles.

What do you make of the new signings?

"In theory, we were quite happy with the side as it was, but we could not ignore the opportunities that came up. Barça have signed two players who will have something to contribute and that's good because the season is long, there are lots of games and with these two players we now have enough for our new adventure".

What stands out about Zambrotta and Thuram?

"Zambrotta is a great player. He has played at the highest level for many years. He can play on either side, works hard and will have a lot to offer. There is not much to say about Thuram, as a player he has won everything and that's important for a team like ours that plays at a high level with people who know exactly what they want the squad to do out on the pitch to guarantee those successes".

What do you have to say to the people who claim Thuram is too old?

"That is only to be expected, but that's not the case for me. Sports stars look after themselves and do all they can to stay at peak fitness. People like that are very important to have in the dressing room and out there on the pitch. And Thuram is a person like that".

After adding these two players, does Barca have the best team in the world?

"I like to go carefully. Yes, we are very happy with the squad we have, but we have not started yet and there are some tough games ahead. That's what's nice about football. Everybody is ready to achieve big things, us included. We have respect for the other teams, but we need to focus on ourselves and we are very confident".

If you won the Liga and Champions League with last year's squad, surely after adding Gudjohnsen, Thuram and Zambrotta the fans should be hoping for even more?

"In theory, yes. But I have always looked at things with common sense. I find it an honour to work for Barça and when a team like ours goes onto the pitch, they always have to project a good image to the fans. And we want to carry on in the same vein, making sure the fans are happy and working as hard as we can".

Is the squad now complete for the season?

"A big club should never close the doors to new opportunities. Like here, we took advantage of a situation that arose. The team looks good right now, but you never know".

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n06072104.shtml

peace