Author Topic: The Wire Season 3 DVD  (Read 314 times)

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Wire Season 3 DVD (warning: *SPOILER*)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 04:26:28 PM »
about time the dvd is coming out for the 3rd season...been waiting forever.

Jome

Re: The Wire Season 3 DVD
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 08:37:35 AM »
Hey, let me know whether you like it or not after you've watched the first season ;)
By the way, the second season has an A and a B-storyline. The A-storyline is about what happens in the Baltimore docks, and for the B-storyline they pick up where season 1 ended.

Just finished season 1, pretty dope show, even if it started a little slow..  8)

Got season 2 in the mail today, what do you mean with A & B storyline ???
You mean they show McNulty's cases in the dock and then switching back and forth to the housing projects ??

^^^^Yep, I've heard the news today as well. Here in Belgium it will be available in stores September 18th.

Season 3 arriving on the same day as part 2 of Prison Break season 1 then.. will be a great day.  :)
From the cover of season 3 DVD, it seems a little more professional, like they put more money in the show or something.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: The Wire Season 3 DVD
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 12:21:37 PM »
Got season 2 in the mail today, what do you mean with A & B storyline ???
You mean they show McNulty's cases in the dock and then switching back and forth to the housing projects ??

Well, I won't give anything away, but McNulty's case in the docks will lead to a much bigger case. But yeah, it's all about what happens with the union & the docks. You'll see. As for the B-story line, they indeed continue to follow the lives of the people in the projects.

Btw, how many times have you watched Season 1? I don't know about you, but I love watching series several times (Alias, Six Feet Under, Lost, etc...)...there's always something new that I hadn't seen during the first time. That's why I appreciate The Wire so much. Because after paying attention to all the little details, the way the plot evolves, the way the dialogues are built up, etc, I realized how dope this show really is.

What's most striking about this soap is that they use absolutely NO music. Only in a few episodes, to sort of end the episode, but other than that...The Wire is built on a very strong storyline & dialogues. I've read a book last year by George Pelecanos - who's written a few episodes for The Wire - and I immediately recognized the same strong story writing.

I haven't seen the cover of Season 3 yet...can you give me a link?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 03:22:56 AM »
Yeah it looks good! Can't wait to watch it...

Jome

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 09:29:50 PM »
Finished season 2 now as well son, bring on season 3, it's back in the hood again now, dealing G-packs and yellowtops.  :D
I heard rumours about McNulty & co going for dirty media execs in the 4th season that starts airing in U.S. soon, but not sure, don't really wanna know before I've seen 3rd.

And here's the DVD-cover they first wanted to use:

Must say the new one is better, looks more gangsta.  8)

Raphael

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 09:31:31 AM »
Finished season 2 now as well son, bring on season 3, it's back in the hood again now, dealing G-packs and yellowtops.  :D
I heard rumours about McNulty & co going for dirty media execs in the 4th season that starts airing in U.S. soon, but not sure, don't really wanna know before I've seen 3rd.

And here's the DVD-cover they first wanted to use:

Must say the new one is better, looks more gangsta.  8)

did you buy the seasons from an american site? if so how much extra does it cost if you live in sweden?(like in my case)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 09:41:39 AM »

Interesting. Actually someone on The Wire's forum said that he had heard that Season 4 was going to be about the Baltimore school system, and how that results into young kids starting to deal drugs. Could be interesting too, but again...it was just a rumor.

It's good that they manage to keep the storyline under the wraps...

Jome

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 11:42:04 AM »
did you buy the seasons from an american site? if so how much extra does it cost if you live in sweden?(like in my case)

Bought season 1 for 329 kroner, and season 2 for 299 kroner.
Bought them from CDON.no, you should try CDON.se, search for "Wire".
I see Swedish season 2 is priced at 499 kr, but the price changes all the time.

Dunno how much taxes you must pay if you order from the Norwegian site, depends on Swedish laws.. you still get Swedish subtitles though.
In Norway, everybody who orders for more than 200 kroner, must pay 25% tax + customs.  >:( That's why I rarely buy from abroad.

Interesting. Actually someone on The Wire's forum said that he had heard that Season 4 was going to be about the Baltimore school system, and how that results into young kids starting to deal drugs. Could be interesting too, but again...it was just a rumor.

It's good that they manage to keep the storyline under the wraps...

Hmm, sounds weird.. I don't like when kids got major roles in series though..  :-\

Raphael

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 01:00:34 PM »

Bought season 1 for 329 kroner, and season 2 for 299 kroner.
Bought them from CDON.no, you should try CDON.se, search for "Wire".
I see Swedish season 2 is priced at 499 kr, but the price changes all the time.

Dunno how much taxes you must pay if you order from the Norwegian site, depends on Swedish laws.. you still get Swedish subtitles though.
In Norway, everybody who orders for more than 200 kroner, must pay 25% tax + customs.  >:( That's why I rarely buy from abroad.

ok tack jag trodde du kopte från usa

(if you dont understand swedish) ok thnx i thought you bought it from america