Author Topic: This is what we got rid of the OG user-names and delete button for?  (Read 312 times)

Word to Everything

Re: This is what we got rid of the OG user-names and delete button for?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 09:38:37 AM »
...This board is moving slower than ever. WTF's going on? :-X

You act like you pay a monthly fee for Dubcc  :laugh:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 09:40:22 AM »
1) THE PROBLEMS WHERE *NOT* RELATED TO UPGRADES

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=115659.0

and 2) I ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT THE 'OG' NAME THING I CANT CONTROL

and 3) the delete button.. why do you feel the need to cover your actions?

i got rid off it beccause of people FAKING (crying wolf) that mods had deleted their posts

and because of people wanting to cover up posts they'd made THEN denied ever making.

posts can be modified.

and 4) while we're on the subject..

i think Seer said that he can´t get a hide code.

nah dudes just playin  us off

you gonna talk shit on me then expect me to do something?

i said there is no hide code.

::) ::)

I said put up or shut up.. and its been quiet ever since....

if ya'll want the limit for the wanking section raised have a poll/vote in there.. i doubt it'll change much

stop talking shit.

No one's talking shit...I just thought we lost the OG user names due to upgrading with a server which won't allow it, it's an honest mistake. ::) And we do need a delete button, LMAO, look at how many times people press post either too early, or they post something twice, or post the wrong thing, or even make a post in the wrong thread...For example, look at my second post in the thread "girls..." all it says is "delete"...It would be much more convenient to just be able to delete it, I didn't know the delete button caused so many problems, I thought it was removed without choice... :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 09:41:38 AM »

How so? I just asked a simple question...The board was moving at very slow speeds yesterday, and was even down for some time.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 09:42:19 AM »
I got a messege saying WARNING:NOW- I -KNOW IS A BITCH ASS BUSTA. :laugh:

That was just a dream... :-*

Word to Everything

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »

How so? I just asked a simple question...The board was moving at very slow speeds yesterday, and was even down for some time.

You seem kind of demanding...take it easy.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 10:35:53 AM »

You seem kind of demanding...take it easy.

I'm not demanding, posting on a board doesn't really do emotions justice. It's just confusing, it feels like this board has been going through this sort of thing regularly ever since the board opened....I even remember a rhyme I had in a Bez audio-battle diss, which I wrote in '02:

"From US to UK, but we don't watch Harry Potter
Down here we eat MCs, have you heard of Jeffrey Dahmer?
Destruction, disfunction, it's what I'm 'bout to punch in
Muthafuckaz wanna fuck with me but malfunction...
Like when Overseer spills his tea on his keyboard
And WCC goes down for a year, fuckin' cheap whore."

*Note: that was written/recorded during my original banning, don't get too upset.

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 11:01:01 AM »
ups n downs are part of website (not just) forum life.. look at the official DPG forum for example.. they ran into trouble.. and were stuck.. it killed the site.. same with that DPGC2G site. they had a good forum.. hit some problems.. and bam vanished.. take dubcnn as another one.. we've lost chunks of news and major bits of old media in the last few years.. luckily its not affected the site

i'm not being big headed here.. but with many of these problems dubcc's had people would have given up a long ass time ago.. we've been in "oh shit the forum is gone for good" situations 3 times that i can remember and pulled through ok..

No one's talking shit...I just thought we lost the OG user names due to upgrading with a server which won't allow it, it's an honest mistake. ::) And we do need a delete button, LMAO, look at how many times people press post either too early, or they post something twice, or post the wrong thing, or even make a post in the wrong thread...For example, look at my second post in the thread "girls..." all it says is "delete"...It would be much more convenient to just be able to delete it, I didn't know the delete button caused so many problems, I thought it was removed without choice... :-\

nah thats the only one i did remove.. i was fed up with a certain few people who would post things..then delete them.. then 2days later claim te world hated them and that i/jome/another mod was conspiring against them. now the forum has both 1) a moderation log so i can prove who removed what posted and 2) see the post in the forums 'recycle bin' for its content i could see that the majority of these complaints (mostly from TOT) were actually people ranting then trying to backtrack and make themselves look good when they've been shown to be a fool. infinite in particular is the reason why this remains in place. the very reason he acts a coward and doesnt reply/dig himself deeper these days when someone makes a valid point against him (and we're not even talking sonning here.. just a "but what about xxxx" type comment) is because he used to delete his replies to try and make himself look good. now he just ignores people who post awkward replies..

yeah the OG names thing bugged me a little too.. luckily i'm able to get at them if need be.. the main reason they did it i think is because the 'OG name' is also a persons login name and they want people who change "name" to be referred to by their new name or something.. also the forum uses the "user number" to reference people for speed.. so i guess try to tie those up instead? this has happene din 2 phases hasn't it.. first the "floating over" trick stopped working and now they've hidden the login names on the profiles

the spelling check thing was to do with the server.. this server i moved to doesnt have the spellchecker extension installed, and neither did the last one. we've been 18 months without it..

as for forum modifications and upgrades.. my policy is this..

upgrades. they exist to 1)  add features 2) fix bugs/problems  3) improve performance  and 4) fix security holes.

of course '4' should always been followed.. we were hacked once in the past because i didn't do a security fix within 2 days of it being launched.. but this does mean that 1+2+3 sneak in when holes are found.. sometimes..

modifications i don't like installing forum modifications because they often block the ability to upgrade.. now if i cant upgrade and we need a problem fixed or a security hole is found we're stuffed.

if i modify the forum i cant use the support as the first thing they ask is "is your forum modded?".. 

so basically with mod's you paint yourself into a corner where you can't keep up with the current version of the forum..

its like this.. imagine buying a car and getting it modded while its still under dealership warranty the something goes wrong.. u cant go back to the dealership with it right?..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 11:09:50 AM by Overseer »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »
now the forum has both 1) a moderation log so i can prove who removed what posted and 2) see the post in the forums 'recycle bin' for its content i could see that the majority of these complaints (mostly from TOT) were actually people ranting then trying to backtrack and make themselves look good when they've been shown to be a fool.

If you finally got these, then why did you feel the need to remove the delete button? Now you can check who deletes what, makes no sense to remove a perfectly useful button because of a few assholes...

Don Seer

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 11:16:04 AM »

but it was knowing this info made it clear the button was being abused! ;)

rik

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 11:27:13 AM »
The delete button is gone and is never coming back. Get over it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 11:32:08 AM »

but it was knowing this info made it clear the button was being abused! ;)

Then from now on, just warn people that they'll be banned if they abuse the forum...Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

rik, shut up, there's still hope!

Don Seer

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2006, 11:40:21 AM »

meh ok.. i'll put it back.. 

if need be.. i can actually take the delete button away per user..

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 11:44:05 AM »

ok its back.. and people can now also move topics they've made around to other sections

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 11:49:03 AM »
 :rock: :raisetheroof: :cheers: :monkey:  :banana: :banana_rock:

rik

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006, 11:52:03 AM »
The delete button is gone and is never coming back. Get over it.

:-X