Author Topic: Early world series predictions  (Read 125 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Early world series predictions
« on: July 31, 2006, 10:13:11 AM »
On trade deadline day , who do yall think is gona win the world series.....I cant call it, i find a lot of teams have good chances. Specialy since the first round is a best outta 5. Teams like chicago, minesota, oakland can roll out 3 super pitcher that could end it right there

PLANT

Re: Early world series predictions
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:43:38 PM »
Im going with the Yankees.....With the addition of Abreau, the projected roster for September is just insane......I think ocme October, the Yankees are gona be too good......The Jays are really letting me down right now >:(

Jakubs

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 02:33:34 PM »
Im going with the Yankees.....With the addition of Abreau, the projected roster for September is just insane......I think ocme October, the Yankees are gona be too good......The Jays are really letting me down right now >:(

The Yankees aren't going to win anything. They don't need Abreu, they need pitching. I don't know what Steinbrenner doesn't understand, but his problem for the last 6 years has been their pitching. They are constantly trading for future HOF pitchers at the end of their careers. Develop some young talent and stop trading for the moment. It takes time for a team to gel and to establish a nice rotation.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »
Their pitching is awful. Look at the last couple of WS winners, they all had great pitching. Johnsons ERA is now over 5.00 and the only pitchers they can count on are Mussina and Rivera.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 03:36:35 PM »
I think thats why they wont win . Say they face minesota who does not have crazy offence but they do have Santana, Radke and loriano that right there they win 2 out of 3 and they can throw out Santana again on game 4. I dont know its hard to call even Oakland has good pitching .

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 03:39:02 PM »
The Yankees dont have great pitching but I do know this; every major league pitcher is going to fear facing their lineup come september

acgrundy

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 05:45:13 PM »
The Yankees dont have great pitching but I do know this; every major league pitcher is going to fear facing their lineup come september

they had a way better lineup last year and didn't make it to the world series.  I don't see them doing it again.  I would love it for the A's to go, but I don't think would put my money on them as they are too inconsistent.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the twins and the mets in the world series.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 05:50:57 PM »
White Sox vs Cardinals

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 05:53:59 PM »
White Sox vs Cardinals

hmm what about the mets, you think the cards have more experience and mre pitching uh. Yeah i think the cards will probably end up making it again and if they dont win theyre gona slowly start being labeled as the atl braves, buffalo bills, montreal alouettes if this era.

acgrundy

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 06:04:24 PM »
I doubt the white sox will even make the postseason, I kinda doubt the yankees will make it either

ecrazy

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 10:13:15 PM »
Angels vs. Cardinals