Author Topic: the fuck is wrong with my itunes?  (Read 267 times)

Don Breezio

Re: the fuck is wrong with my itunes?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 01:13:01 AM »
ONLY FAGGOTS MESS WITH APPLE-ITUNES.  LANCE BASS NIGGAS.

itunes is easily the best set up program out there...and i've used them all
u shood slap urself for sayin that

name 3 things about itunes that isn't as good or better than any of the others
i hate anything that has to do wit apple so that more then 3 things

no thats just straight up being closed minded and ignorant

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 01:22:05 AM »

call it wat u want to but i woodnt say that if u hate somethin soo much that u dont need reasons to hate it

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 01:22:47 AM »

call it wat u want to but i woodnt say that if u hate somethin soo much that u dont need reasons to hate it

wait did you just say you hate apple for no reason?

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 01:33:31 AM »

okay put this wat

i hate their OS
i hate their 1 botton mouse
and most of all i fuckin hate ipod cuz they are bullshit ripoffs wen creative has the same but better product for hald the price

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 10:49:39 AM »

okay put this wat

i hate their OS
i hate their 1 botton mouse
and most of all i fuckin hate ipod cuz they are bullshit ripoffs wen creative has the same but better product for hald the price

their os is more functional than windows (i love windows don't get me wrong. i don't even own a mac)
their 1 button mouse is only included in the box. you can go buy a 2 button mouse and it will work just the same. multi-button mice have been supported since mac os 8.6
the ipod may not be as good as the creative mp3 player...so what...its not like anybody said people couldn't buy the creative ones.

Jome

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 11:48:36 AM »
Chill with the quotes foos, no need to quote the last 10 replies.

LMAO
Itunes is bloatware, especially when you got a big music collection, nothing comes close to Winamp 5 with MEXP installed, imo.

That system where you can view by "Artist, Album, Genre" is wack, just isn't efficient enough for people with large music collections.
The folder system is by far the best when viewing your music collection, if you got a big collection it's a mess with Itunes, because the ID3-tags must be correct, and you gotta tag your whole collection, and when you keep a track or two from a album/mixtape, it's tagged as a whole album, the same with CDS/VLS.
Also, you only get a big lame list of the album titles.. it's better when the artist is named first, and then the album title, and then the year.
Instead of you having a list with "A long hot summer (retail)", "Back for the first time" etc. - where you can't even know who did the album, it's a lot simpler with:
"Masta_Ace-A_Long_Hot_Summer_(Retail)-2004-FTD", "Ludacris-01-Back_For_The_First_Time-2000-RNS".
Plus, there's no logical way of separating "New albums" and "Old albums" in Itunes, at least not with ease.

Unlike Winamp 5 with MEXP, where all you gotta make sure is to put the albums in the albums folder, and the singles in the single folder, and MEXP makes sure of the rest, even when there's no ID3-tag present, it adopts the filename and automatically finds the right artist/title. Way easier to make sure that the folders & sub-folders are correct, than to make sure that 10.000 mp3's are tagged properly, with new mp3s coming in all the time.

It's also way easier to edit tags in MEXP, when you want to add producer info, or other additional info.  8)
It takes 1-2 minutes to add producer info for a whole album in MEXP, (with the help of The Vault and copy/paste) so when I type in "Produced by Alchemist" in the search field, all Alchemist-produced tracks comes up in the main list.. possible to do in Itunes as well, MEXP just makes it a lot easier.

The folder system on the left is what makes it WAY easier than Itunes, all you gotta do is click the album you want on the left, and the tracklist pops up:

For each time I add a new album to the "NEW ALBUMS" folder, it's listed in MEXP right away, and when the album isn't new any more, I toss it over to the OLD ALBUMS folder.. so much easier to keep track of what's new and what's old than it is in Itunes, and less clicking.

I keep all the new singles, promo tracks, etc. in the "NEW SHIT" folder, and when it gets old it's going in the "Old music singles" folder.

How can Itunes even come close to competing against this.... ?
Unless there is some crazy Itunes plug-in that I haven't heard of.

Don Breezio

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 12:22:32 PM »
^^^

thats cool and all...but to me that just seems way unorganized. itunes has a very easy way of organizing things. here's some screenshots of my itunes

Jome

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 12:43:05 PM »
^^^

thats cool and all...but to me that just seems way unorganized.

How so ??
It doesn't get easier than that, 1 folder with new albums alphabetized, and 1 folder with old albums alphabetized, and 1 for singles/misc. tracks, also alphabetized.

And your screenshots confirms Itunes messy rep.

1st screenshot: How do you divide the newer albums from older ?? Looking through your whole music collection is superfluous when you can just have a "New albums" folder.
Also, if you had a couple of random Rise Against singles or tracks, those tracks would be listed in the albums list as well, as a whole album.

2nd screenshot: What a mess, 24 tracks in random order, this is a playlist right ?? Would be so much easier to put random singles like this in 1 folder, and then have them automatically alphabetized by artist name. That playlist shit is just too amateurish when you got MEXP.  8)

Don Breezio

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 12:48:32 PM »
1st screenshot: there are random rise against singles...they are under the non album tracks category

i don't discern new from old albums because i don't have a reason to...and i always know which album is new

2nd screenshot: i put those 24 tracks in random order...its a mix

here's a screenshot of the way i organize my music folders...maybe this will shed some light on why i like itunes...i don't use just 2 folders

Jome

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 01:08:14 PM »
1st screenshot: there are random rise against singles...they are under the non album tracks category
i don't discern new from old albums because i don't have a reason to...and i always know which album is new

Aight, would never work for me though, I like to keep the 15-20 newest albums in one place for easy access.
With more than 300 albums, I would never remember what's new and what's not, would be a mess to browse through, too time-consuming  :-X

"non album tracks category" - Don't really like the idea.  :-\

i don't use just 2 folders

Me neither, but 2 main folders with "New albums" and "Old albums" is a must, then have the albums as sub-folder under those 2.
Then have other folders for New singles, Old singles, Mixtape tracks with DJs screaming, lower quality tracks, misc stuff, etc.

The way you have it, with 1 folder for each artist, then sub-folders for each of their albums, is just making it more difficult for yourself, imo, but hey, if it works for you.

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 01:14:41 PM »
i've just always had it that way...i'm kind of an organizational freak though when it comes to my computer so it makes sense...

i've just never liked winamps set up...i used to use winamp and it always bothered me...

i will say though that winamps EQ functions and such are much better than itunes...i just don't use those very often

Jome

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 01:19:32 PM »
Well, I wasn't campaigning for Winamp, but MEXP, which is a major jukebox database plug-in for Winamp.
I don't like Winamp's media library either, but the rest of Winamp is dope.

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 01:23:21 PM »
Well, I wasn't campaigning for Winamp, but MEXP, which is a major jukebox database plug-in for Winamp.
I don't like Winamp's media library either, but the rest of Winamp is dope.

the one thing you have to remember about itunes though too is i never have to access my music folder...they are all in itunes organized on their own...(523 albums to be exact)

so having them the way they are organized with artist and then all the subfolders isn't really making anything harder because i don't ever go into those folders

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 06:54:24 AM »
so theres no way to charge my ipod without installing itunes?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 07:44:12 AM »
so theres no way to charge my ipod without installing itunes?
yes just plug it in and then when you want to disconnect just eject the drive first.