Author Topic: Think about how great music would be without money :)  (Read 366 times)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Think about how great music would be without money :)
« on: July 27, 2006, 09:51:07 AM »
if money didnt excist only quality music would get released, because only people who really loves the music would make it..

people like (just hate me for saying it :P) 50 Cent wouldnt make music, he said it himself "i never really got into the game for the music, it was for the money" (he said something like that)

this is just a thought that i got.

what do you think?

Eihtball

Re: Think about how great music would be without money :)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 10:11:49 AM »
What do I think?  I think the whole wide world would be better if people didn't do shit for money.  Unfortunately, human nature being what it is, that's just idealism.

Even if money didn't exist, there would be less irresponsibility in hip-hop and less done SOLELY for money, but you'd be naive to think it would improve the quality of music - you only need to consider the number of wack-ass backpackers in the underground who convince themselves they're dope just cause they refuse to conform to industry standards and don't rap about money, ho's, and clothes.

And how materialistic/commercial an album is has no bearing on its quality - unless you wanna argue that "Paid In Full" sucks.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:31:31 AM »
What do I think?  I think the whole wide world would be better if people didn't do shit for money. 

EXACTLY the first thing that ran through my mind!!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 10:55:07 AM »
Music in general wud b sick wid some wack ass artists releasin high class albums that we'd actually buy, but then again i bet alot of money that without money in the rap game (or music in general) there wud hardly ne artists around to release music

coola

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 11:53:02 AM »
i think there would still be shit music... because even though money is involved, people make what they like, and not everyone will like it... so if there was no money, even people that suck at music, would want to make music, because they like music, but the music will sound shit, but not to them..

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 01:08:06 PM »
I agree. So let's bankrupt these record labels by downloading everything and buying nada. Then maybe we'll get good music again.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 01:10:04 PM »
I agree. So let's bankrupt these record labels by downloading everything and buying nada. Then maybe we'll get good music again.

except for Dipset  ;D  They will continue to be supported

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 01:10:29 PM »

:rock:

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 05:33:40 PM »
you only need to consider the number of wack-ass backpackers in the underground who convince themselves they're dope just cause they refuse to conform to industry standards and don't rap about money, ho's, and clothes.
LOL. Funny cause it's true.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 05:48:14 PM »

Yeah, I've thought the same shit. 

ABN

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 05:55:16 AM »
well if you were to take away the money you would automatically take away the music coz recording albums isn´t cheap.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 05:57:16 AM »
well if you were to take away the money you would automatically take away the music coz recording albums isn´t cheap.

with no money you wouldnt need money to do it :P

ABN

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 06:07:37 AM »

with no money you wouldnt need money to do it :P
i thought you just meant that if it was no money invovled in the music business not in the world as a whole.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 06:21:21 AM »
You mean you go to a record store and just get sum cd's for free? Record stores would be hella small than.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Diabolical

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 08:03:04 AM »
On another forum I'm on people were discussing something similar, but unlike rap there was no artists which can actually live off the money they made from the music although quality music is still being made and they were still selling reasonably enough to continue to make money.

I don't really think it has anything to do with money anyway, if you looked for better music rather than what's put in front of you, you'd find it. There's lots of amazing artists who are selling their music on their own or on independant labels, and I don't mean bigger independant labels just people who do it for the love of or belief in the music. The only cd's I've bought in the past year which have been on majors have been classics from the 70s and 80s all others by new artists have been bought directly from them or from small independent lables and most of the times they are more special anyway, ie this one band made all the covers of their eps by hand and all were different, another was wrapped in a special fabric and bound with twine and another was sent with a note thanking me for my support.