Author Topic: new iron maiden track/album  (Read 261 times)

Diabolical

Re: new iron maiden track/album
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2006, 04:25:07 PM »
^You mad, doggie?

totally agree with that list and i don't know any rock and roll fan that knows what theyre talking about who wouldn't put AFD in their top 20 rock albums

There will be millions. I definatly wouldn't and I listen to more rock based music than all the people on this board, from death metal to blues, plus lots of other experimental and electronic music.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2006, 06:24:16 PM »
Iron Maiden Is One Of My Favorite Rock Groups
My Future Wife:

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 03:51:22 AM »
guns n roses is one of the greatest rock bands ever -not opinion, fact
iron maiden is one of the greatest rock bands ever-not opinion , fact
Appetite for Destruction probably one of if not arguably the greatest hard rock albums-not opinion fact
number of the beast, probably one of if not arguably the greatest hard rock albums-not opinion fact

technical sound- Maiden>GNR
Guitarists(as a whole)-Maiden>GNR
Slash>Dave Murray>adrian smith>Izzy stradlin>janick Gers>gilby clark
better singer: Bruce Dickinson
back cateloug- Maiden>GNR
more influencial- maiden
sales-GnR
eddie>slash's top hat

i both love maiden & gnr
and i agree with that list

Im sorry that list is CRAP!! Guns N Roses > Iron Maiden in every single aspect of rock music.  GNR did tracks as diverse as welcome to the jungle to November Rain or Paradise City to Sweet Child O Mine sooooo diverse while all of Maidens shit sounded the same,  this list SUCKS

Diabolical

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 03:10:52 PM »
Diverse doesn't mean good.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2006, 03:34:18 PM »
Appetite for Destruction probably one of if not arguably the greatest hard rock albums-not opinion fact
number of the beast, probably one of if not arguably the greatest hard rock albums-not opinion fact

more influencial- maiden
sales-GnR
eddie>slash's top hat

i both love maiden & gnr

Im sorry that list is CRAP!! Guns N Roses > Iron Maiden in every single aspect of rock music.  GNR did tracks as diverse as welcome to the jungle to November Rain or Paradise City to Sweet Child O Mine sooooo diverse while all of Maidens shit sounded the same,  this list SUCKS
LMAO shows how much you know. If you actually ever heard a Maiden album you'd know that there first 3 albums had some punk implemented in there sound. On Powerslave they flipped there stlye a bit and in some songs like Aces High you could here early speed metal. And they along with bands like Helloween have had the biggest impact in Power Metal.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 12:44:52 AM »

more influencial- maiden
sales-GnR
eddie>slash's top hat

i both love maiden & gnr

um not really more diverse than maiden

maiden was already dabling in expirmentation before Slash and Steve Adler were jaming together

listen to 7th son of a 7th son
then listen to the first 2 maiden records(iron maiden and killers)
then listen to number of the beast
then listen to power slave and piece of mind
then listen to somwhere in time
then listen to dance of death

maiden helped set up gnr to be able to do November Rain IMO

like i said i love both bands but you really can't compare the two  when it comes to overall talent and influence....Maiden is just a step below Sabbath and Zeppelin when it comes to overall hardrock influence, and probably the ONLY heavy metal band from the 80's that can see them and perhaps eclipse them is Metallica. I give Guns n Rose all the props in the world ...cuz afterall they were a bigger factor in getting rid of the hair metal fad than Nirvana . but c'mon guns N roses can't see maiden.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09