Author Topic: Trail Blazers Acquire All-Star Center Jamaal Magloire  (Read 152 times)

PLANT

Trail Blazers Acquire All-Star Center Jamaal Magloire
« on: July 31, 2006, 01:46:37 PM »
Trail Blazers Acquire All-Star Center Jamaal Magloire

Send G Steve Blake, F Brian Skinner & C Ha Seung-Jin to Bucks

The Portland Trail Blazers announced today that the club has acquired All-Star center Jamaal Magloire in a trade with the Milwaukee Bucks. As part of the deal, the team sent guard Steve Blake, forward Brian Skinner and center Ha Seung-Jin to the Bucks.

“We are very excited to bring someone of Jamaal’s stature to our organization,” said Trail Blazers President Steve Patterson. “He made the All-Star team just two short years ago and was a big part of Milwaukee gaining a playoff spot in the East this past season. He’s an excellent rebounder who gives us depth and talent up front and you can never have too many quality bigs in the NBA.”

The 28-year-old Magloire started all 82 games for the Bucks last season and averaged 9.2 points and a team-leading 9.5 rebounds. In the first round of the 2006 Eastern Conference playoffs, he posted 9.0 points and 8.0 rebounds in Milwaukee’s five-game loss to Detroit. Magloire finished the regular season ranked 10th in the NBA in rebounds per game, seventh in total rebounds (778) and eighth in total defensive rebounds (558). Additionally, he led the team with 17 double-doubles.

“Jamaal is a talented, big body that will give us options in our frontcourt and help us be more competitive against the Western Conference’s big men,” said Trail Blazers Head Coach Nate McMillan. “He will be a strong addition to our ballclub and hopefully help us win more games.”

During his career, the Toronto, Ontario, native averaged 9.2 ppg and 7.8 rpg with 479 blocked shots in 425 games with 276 starts. In four of his six NBA seasons, Magloire has played in all 82 regular season games and three times, started all of those games (2002-03, 2003-04 and 2005-06). In 2004-05, he missed 51 games (48 on the Injured List) after suffering a fractured right ring finger on Nov. 26, at Phoenix, an injury that broke a streak of 290 consecutive games played and 175 started.

He was selected as a reserve for the 2004 Eastern Conference All-Star Team (his first selection), and led the Eastern Conference with 19 points, eight rebounds, one block and one steal in 21 minutes. During that season, Magloire ranked fifth in the NBA in offensive rebounds, tied for seventh in overall rebounds and tied for 27th in field goal percentage. Additionally, he was one of only four players in the Eastern Conference and 11 players in the entire NBA to average a double-double.

The Bucks acquired Magloire from the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets in a trade for Desmond Mason, a 2006 first round pick and cash on Oct. 26, 2005. He was originally drafted by the Hornets in the first round (19th overall pick) of the 2000 NBA Draft when the club was located in Charlotte.

Blake played in 68 games last season with 57 starts and averaged 8.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 4.5 apg in 26 minutes per game. After being acquired from the Kings on Feb. 23, 2006, Skinner played in 27 games for Portland (five starts) and averaged 3.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg in 19.1 mpg. In his second NBA season, Ha, who was drafted in 2004 out of South Korea, played in 27 games with four starts, averaging 1.6 ppg, 1.8 rpg and 7.9 mpg.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Trail Blazers Acquire All-Star Center Jamaal Magloire
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 02:17:40 PM »
Wow, Portland is actually becoming a pretty good team...

PG Jarret Jack...Sergio Rodriguez/Dan Dickau
SG Martell Webster...Brandon Roy/Juan Dixon
SF Darius Miles...Travis Outlaw/Voshon Lenard
PF Zach Randolph...LaMarcus Aldridge/Joel Freeland
C Jamal Magloire...Joel Przybilla/Raef LaFrentz

Can anyone say uprise? :-X

Jakubs

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 02:31:33 PM »
Portland is just a horrible organization. They always have nice draft picks, but don't keep them long enough to develop and let their team gel. Besides the fact that the west is just too tough. I don't see them doing anything spectacular. However, practically anything is better than last year.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 03:18:46 PM »

i still think they need a ton of work

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 03:26:28 PM »

Maybe so, but their roster is much better than last years and they have a lot of young players with a grip of potential and upside...Remember, they're still on that youth movement, Jamal Magloire just adds credibility to the team as of now. Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge are two of the best rookies in the draft, not to mention Martell Webster, one of the stronger rookies from last year. Shit, their third string looks like it can pass for a starting 5...PeACe

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 05:12:47 PM »

Maybe so, but their roster is much better than last years and they have a lot of young players with a grip of potential and upside...Remember, they're still on that youth movement, Jamal Magloire just adds credibility to the team as of now. Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge are two of the best rookies in the draft, not to mention Martell Webster, one of the stronger rookies from last year. Shit, their third string looks like it can pass for a starting 5...PeACe

thats true they have alot of young talent

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 06:54:28 PM »
watch out for brandon roy. was great in college last yr and IMO was underrated coming from the pacific northwest.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 07:54:02 PM »
Its gonna be tough for the Blazers to win though with Zach Randolph as there best player, I like dude's intensity and confidence but most the time when I watch him play it looks like he cares more about puting up his 19 pts and 9 rebounds more than the Blazers winning, he is a bit of a chucker

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 08:04:56 PM »
Its gonna be tough for the Blazers to win though with Zach Randolph as there best player, I like dude's intensity and confidence but most the time when I watch him play it looks like he cares more about puting up his 19 pts and 9 rebounds more than the Blazers winning, he is a bit of a chucker

Not saying they're certified winners, just that they have a nice core and will definitely win more next year...

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 08:07:40 PM »

Not saying they're certified winners, just that they have a nice core and will definitely win more next year...

No I know, I agree with you, whats your opinion on my take of Randolph, what do u think of him when you watch him play?