Author Topic: Clerks II  (Read 440 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Clerks II
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 04:11:58 PM »
funny fuckin movie, but not as good as clerks obviously.
and

Dogma> clerks

and mallrats is def better than the new clerks.

acgrundy

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 10:58:41 PM »
clerks=mallrats>jay and silent bob strike back>dogma=clerks II>chasing amy>Jersey Girl

thats how my preference goes

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »
my favorite is jay and silent bob strike back

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2006, 12:49:55 AM »
Just saw this movie. Pretty funny but some boring ass parts just dragged on too long.

Rish

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2006, 08:50:41 AM »
It's all about the dialogue. Some parts may have dragged but thats probably the idea.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2006, 05:05:29 PM »
Fucking hilarious

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 02:22:08 AM »
Gotta Disagree.

I had a theory and it was proven, people who have seen part 1 wont like 2 and people who havent seen 1 will think its hilarious.  A decent movie with funny moments, but along the lines of part one it diddnt compare at all.  It was like 2 movies first half was a throwback to part 1, the second was a different story.  Jay and Silent Bob lacked something I dunno what.  Alot of the dialogue was good an edgy but it didnt stand up to part one for example the deathstar contractors death.  I gave this movie 7/10.  If it were a new movie and not a sequel it would fly

-KIDRENEGADE-

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 11:32:27 AM »
Gotta Disagree.

I had a theory and it was proven, people who have seen part 1 wont like 2 and people who havent seen 1 will think its hilarious.  A decent movie with funny moments, but along the lines of part one it diddnt compare at all.  It was like 2 movies first half was a throwback to part 1, the second was a different story.  Jay and Silent Bob lacked something I dunno what.  Alot of the dialogue was good an edgy but it didnt stand up to part one for example the deathstar contractors death.  I gave this movie 7/10.  If it were a new movie and not a sequel it would fly

Wrong...I saw the first one and I thought this one was really good. I don't know what you mean by "people who haven't seen 1 will think it's hilarious", it's actually quite the opposite, fans of the franchise will appreciate/understand this a lot more...Also, a 7/10 is good...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2006, 12:15:16 PM »
Gotta Disagree.

I had a theory and it was proven, people who have seen part 1 wont like 2 and people who havent seen 1 will think its hilarious. 

Where can you prove this?  Just in this thread alone there are Kevin Smith fans that found Clerks 2 hilarious

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2006, 02:11:08 PM »
you got to see where kevin smith was coming with this one. the characters are like 12 years older and  they need to grow, you can't just sit there recreating the same movie, that's what made the godfather pt. II such a good movie . it didn't stay in the same pool, it grew upon the story.

Sikotic™

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2006, 03:01:22 PM »
That's what was so great about this movie. I saw the first Clerks and still found this one enjoyable (one of the better films of 2006 for that matter). I saw it with some friends who didn't see Clerks, and they found this enjoyable too, eventhough they didn't know the past histroy of some of the characters.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2006, 04:46:33 PM »
Welll... I posted to bluntly, I was pretty tired, I didnt mean part 2 was a bad movie at all, It was a good film in its own right, but in comparison to part one it didnt feel the same way part one did.  The big difference is part one was just a movie about people talking.  Kevin smith has said this in interviews regarding part 2.  Clerks 2 changed a lot of the dynamic by making the movie very story driven rather than dialogue driven and pointless like part 1.  Part 1 did follow a story but not to the point that part 2 did, where we see all this insight into the characters and what will happen to them in the end.  Not that its a bad thing but it changes the dynamic of the Clerks franchise.  Pat. 1 introduced these characters with very little past and very little future and was into itself, with a few pop-ins from Dante and Randall's past there werent many things in the film explained them past their opinions shared on film.  Clerks 2 took more of a narrative feel and imo suffered because of that.  While it was funny in its own regard I just didnt feel it lived up to Clerks1 but it was s stil a good film hence the 7/10  The theory was discussed between my friends and I and 2 of my friends who didnt see part 1 loved part 2, and 2 of us who saw part 1 felt a bit slighted.

at the rooftop dance scene who agrees Jay and Silent Bob should have played "Jungle Love"?

-KIDRENEGADE-

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2006, 04:55:28 PM »
^I understand what you're saying to an extent, but dude, you expected them to make the same exact movie? They kept the same formula and expanded on it, in my opinion, they couldn't really have done much to make the movie any better...It's a movie for the fans, and they definitely delivered...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2006, 12:21:36 AM »
^exactly .

when kevin smith released clerks he had just dante and randall and jay and silent bob. then he kept building on these characters with each movie he made, so he had to make clerks II more story driven, if he just kept them in the store talking for an hour and a half it would destroy everything he's built up with these characters over the years. he HAD to build upon his characters. you got to remember he's not just expanding the clerks franchise he's building upon the whole 'new jersey' franchise he's built with each movie he's realeased