Author Topic: Will Snoop bring the West Coast back?  (Read 340 times)

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
Re: Will Snoop bring the West Coast back?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 01:38:34 AM »
But that would bring trouble with Snoop, they not together but at least they aint fighting.

Jakubs

Re: Will Snoop bring the West Coast back?
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 01:47:27 AM »
I think Dre will bring the west back if anyone is going to do it. The last time the west was in the spotlight was when Dre dropped 2001 back in '99. We had Snoop drop 3 albums in 3 years with No Limit, the last of which was the best one, The Last Meal. Xzibit had Restless, and to top it off Dre was all over both of those records. Dre will put the spotlight back on the west when he drops Detox, and then it's just a matter of other west coast artists to release quality material at the same time to keep the buzz going.

Dre is doin a good job bringin the WEst Back with Busta and Eve doin beats wit 50 and Gunit Mobb deep Ohh wait none of them are West Coast artists ??? LOL
Dre can do it but right now it seems he aint lookin out West to be honest I dont see Bishop Lamont doin big thangs Dre should sign Crooked that would be interesting

That's the worst part about it. Nobody is checking for the west right, even Snoop for that matter. But the minute Dre drops the first single for Detox it will be everywhere. Dre is so national right now that it doesn't matter if he's from the west, people are always open to some new Dre material. For that reason I think it will take Dre dropping Detox to get the west some shine, at which point other west coast artists have to take advantage of the spotlight and release their own material. I understand that Dre's not messing with anyone from the west right now, but I think that's why he is always in the back of everyone's mind because he messes with everyone.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake