Which is the tougher sport?

American Football
4 (19%)
Rugby
13 (61.9%)
Gettin a bitch to suck my dick
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Tougher Sport  (Read 712 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Tougher Sport
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2006, 12:05:01 AM »
can't comment if you haven't played both

in my opinion, either way you're gettin worked

hockey is crazy too, got a lot of respect for those guys abilities, not just in the rough aspect either

The Watcher

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2006, 12:42:54 AM »
they don't have any padding/protection in rugby, and some of the tackles they do are hard as fuck

NFL is all sissies in padding
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2006, 03:12:54 AM »
cuz football is def more dangerous than rugby but i i think rugby is more tougher :loco: .  there r a lot more injuries in football becuz of the style of play like in rugby its controlled tackling but in football the players use their bodies more like missilies and try to stop the other player dead in his tracks.

that's a big contradiction

NFL is all sissies in padding

videos

similar with more:

i utubed a bunch of rugby videos.....doesn't even compare... a bunch of  running backs tackling each other.

Put just Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher in a rugby league.....Genocide

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2006, 03:33:55 AM »
a highlight reel from just last year

also the averages

NFL players

overall average of nfl players (kickers , running backs , ect. included): 6'1. 5" and 245 lbs
overall average for defensive players : 6'3" 290

Citizen-Y

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2006, 05:23:47 AM »
Rugby players are tough indeed but how many of them are 6'2" 220lbs running a 4.40?

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2006, 06:50:36 AM »
its not just the physicall side of tough its the mental side

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2006, 08:17:36 AM »
hey, you left off Fiji   >:(

i should have included australian rules football, fuck.   :(

Sorry brother, *duh at me. Nisa bula! You buggers are hard as f*ck to stop too! Tuqiri gave us a scare last week.

Again, somebody please answer my question:

If Rugby is so much a tougher sport, than why in the world would rugby players play such a physically more demanding sport than football, for less than 1/4 of the pay?

Many NFL players are in physical pain for the rest of their lives, but they make millions of dollars a year.  So if rugby is such a tougher sport, they have got to be in even more pain for the rest of their lives, yet they don't make nearly that of an nfl player?

So are rugby players just god awful dumb?  Please explain to me why they make such a retarded decision?  Most college players in the US who can either play pro football or pro baseball choose to go with baseball because it is so less demanding on the body and their physical health will be better in the future.  So explain this one to me rugby fans.

You dun know! Money isn't big in rugby compared to football or any American sport for that matter, even in the NRL (rugby league) where they have salary caps, and caps for the whole team are prolly what a top NFL player gets in 1 season.

^^ Imagine 15 Troy Polamalu's in blue jerseys and you have the Samoan national rugby team,  ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 08:27:08 AM by Nutty »

suckaa free

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2006, 10:24:16 AM »

Sorry brother, *duh at me. Nisa bula! You buggers are hard as f*ck to stop too! Tuqiri gave us a scare last week.

Vanika brotha.  we just made some food by diggin a whole in the ground and puttin hot rocks and then covered it back up with the dirt.  some good shit patna.  i think you guys call it Hangi or something.  we call it lovu.  food reminds me of the pacific dogg.  we gotta smoke a fat one when i come out there.   :pimp:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2006, 01:04:03 PM »

If Rugby is so much a tougher sport, than why in the world would rugby players play such a physically more demanding sport than football, for less than 1/4 of the pay?

Many NFL players are in physical pain for the rest of their lives, but they make millions of dollars a year.  So if rugby is such a tougher sport, they have got to be in even more pain for the rest of their lives, yet they don't make nearly that of an nfl player?

So are rugby players just god awful dumb?  Please explain to me why they make such a retarded decision?  Most college players in the US who can either play pro football or pro baseball choose to go with baseball because it is so less demanding on the body and their physical health will be better in the future.  So explain this one to me rugby fans.

You dun know! Money isn't big in rugby compared to football or any American sport for that matter, even in the NRL (rugby league) where they have salary caps, and caps for the whole team are prolly what a top NFL player gets in 1 season.

^^ Imagine 15 Troy Polamalu's in blue jerseys and you have the Samoan national rugby team,  ;D

Imagine getting blitzed by defensive lines like the pittsberg steelers or the Chicago bears ....with no pads, troy polamalu is tight (one of my favorite players) but he's a safety.....i'd rather take a flying hit from troy in no pads than joey porter

acgrundy

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2006, 05:45:59 PM »

no shit money isn't big in rugby, I thought I made that clear in my post.  The question I asked is if rugby players are tougher than nfl players, then why don't they play in the nfl and make millions of dollars?  are they just really dumb?