Author Topic: i think i sleept on lauryn hill..  (Read 182 times)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i think i sleept on lauryn hill..
« on: August 06, 2006, 01:01:45 PM »
so i just got the fugees album "the score".. and its very dope.. ofcourse i have heard the singles before but nothing else..  and i must say; damn lauryn is the one standing out on this album.. she is a very dope singer and rapper... which albums by her should i check out?

ABN

Re: i think i sleept on lauryn hill..
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 01:11:45 PM »
albums? she´s only dropped 1 real album and that´s The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. she dropped an Unplugged "album" aswell.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 01:34:22 PM »
Miseducation is a great album. I haven't heard her unplugged album though.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 02:08:30 PM »
Lauryn is mad talented both as an MC and as a singer.  My favorite song on that album is still Fugee La.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 04:13:17 PM »
allright.. gotta get that solo album then

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 04:06:45 AM »
Unplugged is fucking STUNNING. That's not rap music though, but still. Fucking stunning.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 06:15:45 AM »
Nah, Unplugged is garbage.  She plays guitar herself on it, and had just learned how to play, so every song's the same three chords over and over again, she's crying the whole time, blah blah.  Total dissapointment, "Miseducation" was a great album, though. 

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 08:57:37 AM »
Unplugged is deep and real. It might not be stunning musically, but that's probably the realest album I've ever heard. Her starting to cry at the end of disc 1 just tops it all off, but the wisdom she comes with during that session is so amazing, a lot of people could learn a lot from her. Especially those who hate on her for starting to cry ;)

coola

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 09:40:25 AM »
so i just got the fugees album "the score".. and its very dope.. ofcourse i have heard the singles before but nothing else..  and i must say; damn lauryn is the one standing out on this album.. she is a very dope singer and rapper... which albums by her should i check out?

for sure man, the album is a strait up classic!!!

"mr mr, can i have 5 dollars, so i could get something to eat, helllll no mother fucker!!!!"

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 10:04:20 AM »
 8)

Elevz

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »
lol, quoting the one track I thought really didn't deserve to be on this classic album

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 01:56:20 PM »
lol, quoting the one track I thought really didn't deserve to be on this classic album

nah homie thats a dope track!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 04:01:41 PM »
Unplugged is deep and real. It might not be stunning musically, but that's probably the realest album I've ever heard. Her starting to cry at the end of disc 1 just tops it all off, but the wisdom she comes with during that session is so amazing, a lot of people could learn a lot from her. Especially those who hate on her for starting to cry ;)

It's totally manufactured.  If somebody's life is a wreck, that does not automatically make them an expert on 'deep' and 'real'... it just makes them a twerp who cries too much. 

Elevz

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 02:30:19 AM »
^^ lol +1 :D

Nah, but seriously, I like what she has to say on that album, and I know a lot of people who do. Then again, I really do understand it's all but a must for hip-hop fans. Hey, that's only an opinion though :)

coola

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 03:36:48 AM »

man that track is dope as fuck... listen to that shit blazed as a mofo.