Poll

Which game/franchise is better?

Winning 11
15 (83.3%)
Fifa Soccer
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Winning 11 or Fifa Soccer  (Read 402 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Re: Winning 11 or Fifa Soccer
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 02:09:01 PM »
I had to buy Fifa 2003 and 2004 as i got an Xbox and pro evo dint come out until the 4th edition.

The Maestro

suckaa free

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 10:54:11 PM »
I had to buy Fifa 2003 and 2004 as i got an Xbox and pro evo dint come out until the 4th edition.

i feel you...i had an xbox too and i always had to go to my cousins house to play the shit becuase he had a ps2.  fucker would always chip the ball over the keeper, not no more though.

we should start a winning 11 tourney, if you guys are down?????????????

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 01:30:51 PM »
i voted for fifa..

people need to realise that fifa 2006 is not like for example fifa 2001

winning eleven is piss... fifa is much more realistic than winning eleven... i can break it down if yall want

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 01:41:58 PM »
i voted for fifa..

winning eleven is piss... fifa is much more realistic than winning eleven... i can break it down if yall want

Go ahead. 

suckaa free

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »
i voted for fifa..

please do, i cant wait for this one. 

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 02:01:23 PM »
Winning Eleven of course.

FIFA games are a joke. I mean the alst FIFA I played was 2003 so I really can´t comment ont he others but I saw various videos of other FIFA´s and gameplay was just so much arcade style that it´ns not even funny. THen there were various "bugs" which weren´t seen as bugs though. Like when you crossed in (the ball) then in 9/10 situations it was clear that it was a goal. People already knew that it was a goal even before they hit the header. I mean what is that?

I might try a demo of FIFA 2006 just to see what it´s like but I don´t have any hopes for it. Nothing beats an old fashioned 2on2 in Pro Evo. Period.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 03:53:31 PM »
OK

First, people need to realise that if you want to play as realistic football as possible, you need to play it on a level where you approx score once or twice per game. Scoring 7 goals in beginner mode in FIFA doesn't mean that the game itself sucks, it just means that you need to raise the difficulty. As an example, I can say that I play on "perfect-mode" in FIFA. Second, like I said earlier, don’t expect FIFA 2006 to be as good/bad as FIFA 2003. They’re two totally different games. Like daWappla said in the post above mine: it's way too easy to score from crosses in FIFA 2003, but he doesn’t know that EA already fixed that “issue”. Sometimes it's so difficult to score ingame, that I have to rely om cornes and freekicks.

The managing possibilities in PES are great. You can decide where you want each player to be on the field. The problem though is that as soon as the game starts, the payers don’t always play "smart". For example, I played PES once against my friend (highest level). Suddenly I noticed, when his forward was close to my goal, that I didn't have a single defender in front of the goal (I was playing 4-4-2). I had no defenders because my friend’s two wingers ran towards their corners, and for some reason my defenders split in two groups and went for their respective winger... funny huh?? Even I thought it was.

It has only happened once, but still, that’s a big flaw.

Other in-game issues in PES that don’t exist in FIFA (playing in highest level of difficulty):

2. You can’t (easily) move forward your midfielders into the penalty box when you're attacking (for a cross, for example).

3. You can’t choose wing-play as tactic when you're playing

4. When you press the "through ball" button, the speed of the ball is often way too fast, resulting an easy save for the keeper.

5. Its way too easy for forwards to pass trough defenders (basically, making a quick change on the players direction will fool most defenders)

6. There really are no dribbling options, except using the directional buttons, which you use anyway, dribbling should be difficult.

6. Way too easy to score from outside the box (30-50% of the shots succeeds, up to around 70% if there’s no defender in front of you).

7. On a one-on-one situation, the attacker voids tackles way too easy, even when getting a slide-tackle from the back (which in reality is impossible to void).

8. The defenders and midfielders have a tendency not to hold their positions and boundaries, resulting badly passes when, in this case, I’m making a pass outside the screen where a player is supposed to be near.

9. You can’t dribble
Not to mention that:
1. The commentators are HORRIBLE
2. The graphics is horrible
3. The players run like they're attached to a railroad
4. The game-flow have too much of a arcade-feeling (extremely fast runs, easy scoring possibilities, etc)

I've played FIFA since 96, and I barely play PES (played it twice when it came of, that’s it), still I managed to whoop my friends ass (who've been playing PES for years)... four times in a row. I can tell you right here and now the same thing would be impossible the other way around.

Off course, there are parts in PES that are better than FIFA, for example the fact that each goal is different from the other, the fact that it’s not as easy to pass your players as in FIFA and the fact that it’s not easy to handle the ball after a cross.

I’m not a pro evol hater or anything, i just don’t think it reflect the way football is being played. For example, when I watch Premier League at home (rooting for Manchester united off course), I can see myself “playing the game”. I know exactly every players boundaries and when a pass is made to someone outside the tele-screen, I often know who the pass is meant to and for the moment where he stands.

Thats it for now…. Am I making any sense at all?

I hope you guys realise that all the flaws I’ve written down are flaws I’ve noticed after only playing around 10 games.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 03:56:23 PM by Maestro Minded / LME »

suckaa free

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 04:39:05 PM »
^are you kidding me mang?  thank you for the explanation and everything i appreciate you takin time and writting, but that was the biggest bull shit ive ever heard.

it seems to me that everything you said was the complete opposite of how the 2 games actually play.  i think that you have been playin fifa for the longest and just dont wanna switch.  but you play what you want, sorry you have to miss out though.   :-\

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 02:19:35 AM »
Ok... in that case, maybe you can help me out. Tell me what to press to:

1. flood-the-box
2. Play in wing-mode
3. Choose the speed of the through-ball
4. Dribble without using only the directional button

Like I said... I’ve played like 10 games total. All the flaws I’ve written down are flaws I’ve noticed when playing the game, off course I asked my friend how to do this and that.

+ are you trying to tell me that:

1. PES commentators < FIFA commentators?
2. PES graphics > FIFA graphics?
3. PES

+

You can’t tell me that it's hard to score in PES. I've scored at the highest level in each and every game. One of the games (against another friend) even ended 4-3 (?? ?? ??). 4-3 in the highest difficult-level shouldn’t be possible. Do I even need to mention that 5 of the 7 goals in that game were made outside the penalty box.....?

But off course i had to configure the controls to FIFA-mode (except the 'change player' which wasn't possible to change for some reason) to play.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 03:29:05 AM »
You can select tactics such as that in ure tactics set-up.

then when in the game u click either R2/L2 + circle/square/x/triangle to activate and again to de-activate it

and yeh i have to agree that most of what you said above is false to be honest, sorry.
NO MORE WAR

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 03:45:24 AM »
Ok... in that case, maybe you can help me out. Tell me what to press to:

1. flood-the-box
2. Play in wing-mode
3. Choose the speed of the through-ball
4. Dribble without using only the directional button

1. the winger from the other side of the pitch is pretty much always coming around at the back post, + two strikers, and if in the formation screen you put a couple of your central midfielders with forward arrows to attack they will make their way into the box provided the move builds up slowly enough to allow them time to get in there.

2. WTF is "wing mode"? You can play with wingers and overlapping fullbacks and you can pass to those wide players, so why would you need a mode for this?

3. thats the risk of using the through ball, if it works it will open up the defense, if not it will be a relatively easy inteception. The players ability and the situation you are in control the speed that player thinks the through ball should be played at.

4. what do you want to use for dribbling? You can hold R2 to do more of a shuffled type run, and double tapping one of the other shoulder buttons makes them do stepovers or their special move. R1 allows you to sprint, and you can do a couple of other dribbling tricks using the right analogue stick.

Intriago33

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 03:55:07 AM »
Winning Eleven (Pro Evo) by a country mile. Especially if you are really into football.

I haven't bought a FIFA game since RTWC98, and whenever I've played newer ones at a friends house or in a store since it just seems terrible compared to Pro Evo. Can't wait for Pro Evo 6 now.

co-sign.
Might try and fix up a tournament today.

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 03:09:13 PM »
Pro Evo without a shadow of doubt!

i played the latest fifa (the world cup 06 one) that shit was dreadful, i played 3 games, my first game of fifa since probably 2000 and i won the first game 3 - 0 scoring the same kind of goal each time  :-\

did ask this in the other thread about pes squads... are you guys gonna be on Xbox Live when Pro Evo 6 gets released on the 360 in a few months? (gonna cop me a 360 at the start of september!!)  ;D

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 03:12:06 PM »
^

I hope a few people will play it on PC. I won´t buy a console just to play PES with dubcc. lol

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2006, 10:42:37 PM »
You think they will have fixed up the xbox live version of pro evo for 360, coz when i play it now its real glitchy (if thts the correct word?) like the ball moves before you even kick it, and everything is delayed/real slow, and just generally a pain in the arse 2 play.

The Maestro