Author Topic: mYsTyKaL--TaRaNtUlA!!!  (Read 79 times)

Crenshaw_blvd

mYsTyKaL--TaRaNtUlA!!!
« on: January 08, 2002, 08:35:46 AM »
Last year, New Orlean's rapper, Mystikal, brought the booty-bounce with that omnipresent club-banger, "Shake Ya Ass." Now, he's getting it krunk once more with a new LP entitled Tarantula. Here, he tells SOHH all about being a Desert Storm Army Vet, growing up on Slick Rick tunes and how to stay spicy and hot!

Where are you from?

I'm from uptown New Orleans. I was born and raised there which was pretty cool, but it's changed since then. I grew up in single parent house; my dad died when I young. My Mom held it down and I had an older sister and younger brother who is twenty...he's a superstar.

What got you into Hip-Hop?

There was a lotta Public Enemy and Slick Rick in New Orleans...Slick Rick is the one that really made me rhyme. His songs have stories to them, like "La Di Da Di." It was something different, so I picked up the pen.

How did you start rapping professionally?

In the early '90s, I started to work with Master P's prodution crew and cut a demo and nobody wanted to hear it. So, I kicked out and went to the Army became a solider during Desert Storm.

My military experience definitely gave me an edge on life and helped me keep my priorities in order. I've learned how to hold onto my success.

What are your thoughts about the military these days?

I can relate to those troops being away from home during the holidays, it's rough. Out in Desert Storm, I saw people with their heads [shot] off. Even when I was in the Army, I was still an entertainer. I wanted to be the best rapper in the Army. It was something to do and it brought me joy, a whole lot.

Do you ever see any of your old military buddies on the road?

(Laughs) Yeah, I do run into some of them from time to time. They always say, "you said you was going to do it!" With how much I used to rap, they was not shocked.

What advice do you have for an up-and-coming emcee?

Don't be easily discouraged and keep your eyes on the prize. I'm pretty damn close to it, myself.

What's life been like for you since the last album?

It's titled the Tarantula because I'm black and dangerous, so watch yourself.

How would you describe Mystikal's style?

It's a mixture of all that New Orleans flava-spicy and hot.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: mYsTyKaL--TaRaNtUlA!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2002, 08:49:36 AM »
the interview is a bit confusing but thanks anyway dogg
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-