Author Topic: DENVER NUGGETS trade Ruben Patterson to MILWAUKEE BUCKS for Joe Smith...  (Read 122 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Bucks Acquire Ruben Patterson From Denver For Joe Smith

August 10, 2006 - The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired forward Ruben Patterson from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for forward Joe Smith, General Manager Larry Harris announced today.
“Adding Ruben gives us added strength at the small forward position,” said Harris. “He’s a tough, defensive-minded player who has shown an ability to score, and he also gives us added playoff experience. We know that Ruben’s path through the NBA has been a difficult one at times, but we’re confident that he has learned from those experiences and that he’s ready to contribute to helping our team win. We’re excited to bring him to Milwaukee.

“We certainly want to thank Joe for all he did for our organization during his three seasons here,” added Harris. “Joe is one of the best. He was a wonderful team captain and truly embraced the Milwaukee community. We wish him well in Denver.”

Patterson, 31, split the 2005-06 season with the Portland Trail Blazers and the Nuggets. He began the season in Portland, averaging 11.4 points and 3.4 rebounds over 45 games, before being traded to the Nuggets as part of a four-team trade on February 23. In 26 games with the Nuggets, he averaged 13.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists. He averaged 12.1 points and 3.4 rebounds over the entire season and shot 51.5 percent from the floor, good for 15th in the NBA.

The 6-5, 224-lb forward was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers in the second round (31st overall) of the 1998 NBA Draft. His resume spans eight NBA seasons and includes time spent with Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland and Denver. He has averaged 10.3 points and 4.0 rebounds over 548 career games, and has averaged 6.7 points and 2.5 rebounds in 22 playoff games.

Smith spent three seasons in Milwaukee and averaged 10.4 points and 7.3 rebounds in 194 games as a Buck. The 11-year NBA veteran has also spent time with Golden State, Philadelphia, Minnesota and Detroit, averaging 12.4 points and 7.1 rebounds in 751 career games. He has appeared in six separate NBA postseasons, averaging 6.9 points and 5.1 rebounds in 26 playoff games with the Timberwolves and Bucks.

Looks like it's working out for both teams:

Bucks:
PG Steve Blake...Maurice Williams/Lynn Grear
SG Michael Redd...Bobby Simmons/Charlie Bell
SF Ruben Patterson...David Noel/Ersan Ilyasova
PF Charlie Villanueva...Brian Skinner/Damir Markota
C  Andrew Bogut...Dan Gadzuric/Ha Seung-Jin

Nuggets:
PG Andre Miller...Earl Boykins
SG JR Smith...Julius Hodge/Yakhouba Diawara
SF Carmello Anthony...DerMarr Johnson/Eduardo Najera
PF Joe Smith...Kenyon Martin/Linas Kleiza
C Marcus Camby...Nene/Jamal Sampson

Denver needs another guard to rely on...Both Milwaukee and Denver might make the playoffs, but they're gunna be fighting, cuz there's some tough competition...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
if this was 10 years ago this would be a bad trade but this one of the more even trades this year

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Good trade for MIL imo, I really like the Bucks depth, fuck the central division is to tough w/ the Pistons, Bulls, Pacers, Bucks. and Cavs! They all made the playoffs last year lol, amazing division
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:51:03 PM by Spicemuthafuckin1 »

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Nik please tell me that you having Joe Smith over Kenyon Martin in the depth chart is a mistake, I really hope so

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nik please tell me that you having Joe Smith over Kenyon Martin in the depth chart is a mistake, I really hope so

Im pretty sure he set it up like that because the Nuggets acquiring Joe Smith is just to make sure they have a starting caliber PF once they trade Martin. It allows them to trade Martin for a position other than the 4 and not be completely weak at the PF spot. It basically just opens their options.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Im pretty sure he set it up like that because the Nuggets acquiring Joe Smith is just to make sure they have a starting caliber PF once they trade Martin. It allows them to trade Martin for a position other than the 4 and not be completely weak at the PF spot. It basically just opens their options.

I guess but who knows if they will trade K-MART lol, I know they want to but right now his trade value is low so Denver isnt going to get that great of a package for him so I think they will keep him and we all know he is still better than Joe Smith easily.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 02:35:34 AM by Spicemuthafuckin1 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Denver is not fond of K-Mart, he doesn't put in the effort, he needs to earn his minutes. On top of that, he's always injured... Joe Smith is not only a talent, but a hard worker as well...Both were first picks, K-Mart is only 2 years younger. Last year, K-Mart put up 13 points and 6 rebounds in 30 minutes...Joe Smith put up 9 points and 5 rebounds in 20 minutes. If I was Denver, I'd start Joe Smith...PeACe

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I guess but who knows if they will trade K-MART lol, I know they want to but right now his trade value is low so Denver isnt going to get that great of a package for him so I think they will keep him and we all know he is still better than Joe Smith easily.

NY is full of bad contracts and will probably be traded there or a less likely scenario is a sign and trade with Sacramento for Bonzi Wells. But NY is looking to trade Francis for a big, so Martin to NY for Francis, and filler if needed, seems very likely.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
that wouldn't be too bad of a trade it'd free up some guard spots on NY and give them an alright big man . then in denver they have the option of starting andre miller at point and steve francis at shooting guard, and with earl boykins coming in off the bench....that's a pretty good team

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

they have the option of starting andre miller at point and steve francis at shooting guard,

:nawty: