Author Topic: Pacers/Hawks sign and trade for Harrington is off?  (Read 266 times)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Pacers/Hawks sign and trade for Harrington is off?
« on: August 01, 2006, 09:02:52 PM »
FUCK!!! Al Harrington is prepared to fire his agent and basically "restart" the free agent process.  So now its not a sure thing at all that Al will be back with Indy.  As a Pacer fan I am absolutely furios right now, if they dont get this deal done then they better make the Bonzi trade or do something else big, FUCK!!!! I really wanted AL back as a Pacer

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Pacers/Hawks sign and trade for Harrington is off?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:43:21 AM »
Harrington fires his agent
Soon-to-be-traded Hawk apparently will hire Arn Tellem

By SEKOU SMITH
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 08/01/06

Al Harrington plans to fire his longtime agent, according to several people familiar with the situation, meaning the month-long wait for a resolution to the Hawks-Harrington trade saga could last quite a bit longer.

Harrington took steps to sever ties with his New York-based agent Andy Miller on Tuesday, meaning the negotiating process regarding the sign-and-trade deal he's seeking, with assistance from the Hawks, is far from complete.

With Harrington seeking new representation, league rules stipulate that there must be 15 days between the time Harrington files the paperwork to fire Miller and retains new representation, meaning the process could stretch well into this month before it is resolved.

Miller did not return several phone calls.

People familiar with the situation said Harrington will hire Arn Tellem as his new agent.

Harrington is prepared to restart the entire process, the people familiar with the situation said. That means new teams could get involved, wiping out a proposed deal that would have sent Harrington back to Indiana in exchange for cash, a draft pick and John Edwards.

There were more than a half dozen teams that inquired about sign-and-trade possibilities involving Harrington before the list was narrowed to Indiana and Golden State last month. That list included the Los Angeles Lakers, the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Chicago Bulls, the Detroit Pistons and the Milwaukee Bucks.

With the news that the trade process will begin anew, the list of teams showing interest in Harrington could increase.

Sucks for the Pacers...Lakers were really close to obtaining him, lets see how that goes....

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 11:19:50 PM »
Darn now they only have 7 sf\sg's instead of 8

jk
Harrington is hella good and they could use him for sure

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 12:16:05 AM »

jk

Harrington is a PF/SF... ::)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 12:18:09 AM »

jk

Yeah but I like him better at the 4 but hes good at the 3 to

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 12:36:45 AM »

jk

youre right....I can admit when im wrong, unlike you NIK....can you say LAKER BIASED???

The Best of 3 Worlds

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 01:06:02 AM »
Kinda frustrated that this is falling through. Its pretty appearent that the moves they have made this summer were somewhat in preparation of us getting Al back. But as was mentioned earlier, we do kind of have a log jam at the foward position, but now we lost out on getting another solid player. Al has gotten alot better since he played here. I watched a few of his games last season, and dude has improved his outside shot greatly. Plus it would help with our attendance at Conseco, cause he's still a fan fave here. Hopefully it isn't for sure off the table, but it kinda sounds like it is.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 01:07:42 AM »
Kinda frustrated that this is falling through. Its pretty appearent that the moves they have made this summer were somewhat in preparation of us getting Al back. But as was mentioned earlier, we do kind of have a log jam at the foward position, but now we lost out on getting another solid player. Al has gotten alot better since he played here. I watched a few of his games last season, and dude has improved his outside shot greatly. Plus it would help with our attendance at Conseco, cause he's still a fan fave here. Hopefully it isn't for sure off the table, but it kinda sounds like it is.

yup Im really mad, AL has goten much better you r right, I watched alot of the Hawks and was impressed w/ his all around game.  I felt like we would contend with Jermaine, Harrington, Daniels, Jackson, and Granger!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 11:02:34 AM »

jk

youre right....I can admit when im wrong, unlike you NIK....can you say LAKER BIASED???

No...I am an honest man. Point out a mistake I made, and I'll acknowledge it...Don't talk shit cuz I embarrassed you... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 01:01:52 PM »
Harrington deal up to Pacers

By SEKOU SMITH
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/14/06

The Hawks could finally complete their long-anticipated sign-and-trade for Al Harrington Monday if the Indiana Pacers agree to the deal, a person familiar with the situation said Sunday.

The Hawks have agreed to sign Harrington to a six-year, $57 million deal and then send him and third-year center John Edwards to the Pacers for a future first-round draft pick, the person said.

Gone from the deal is the $3 million in cash the Hawks were seeking in addition to the draft pick before Harrington fired his agent.

Hawks general manager Billy Knight could not be reached for comment.

The Pacers have a $7.5 million trade exception they acquired last month in a sign-and-trade deal with New Orleans for Peja Stojakovic that allows them to complete the deal. The Hawks don't want to take back lengthy contracts that would put a stranglehold on the salary cap flexibility they've built up the past three years.

If the Pacers decline to complete the deal Monday, Harrington's list of options will grow at the same time Arn Tellem officially becomes his recognized agent. League rules stipulate a 15-day period between the time a player fires one agent and hires another.

As many as six other teams are waiting in the wings if the Hawks and Pacers can't complete the deal. The options for the Hawks and Harrington would multiply in that scenario, though the Hawks would have to agree to take players in return in order for any sign-and-trade deal not involving the Pacers. Those options include Harrington taking something other than a five- or six-year contract, perhaps something as short as three years, in order to make a deal work.

Another option that has remained a possibility since the free-agent negotiating period began July 1 is a multiple-team deal where Harrington gets the lucrative, long-term contract he desires and the Hawks maintain their salary flexibility by not taking on an unwanted contract. But that option requires at least one more team, and maybe more, to become reality.

The completion of the Harrington deal will allow the Hawks to finally sign Lorenzen Wright to the two-year, $6 million deal the former Hawks player and free agent center has agreed to sign.

Looks like it's still Harrington to Indiana...Let's see how this goes down.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 03:43:32 PM by Now_I_Know »