Author Topic: Should Nate Dogg even drop another album???????  (Read 771 times)

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Should Nate Dogg even drop another album???????
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »
Finally.. I thought I was the only one waiting for a Nate Dogg album

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2006, 09:08:50 PM »
Nate needs to get on a label that respects what he does and his legacy, and are willing to back him financially and promotion-wise. Once a label realizes this, they're sitting on a goldmine.
People say that about every artist. What makes Nate Dogg different?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2006, 09:16:47 PM »
Nate needs to get on a label that respects what he does and his legacy, and are willing to back him financially and promotion-wise. Once a label realizes this, they're sitting on a goldmine.

Nate Dogg is a pure talent...He has a talent that people don't believe in fully, since he hasn't succeeded 100% alone...I know for sure that he can be a commercial success as a solo artist, and labels simply won't be willing to experiment with that because of who he is...I'm sure if he came up with 14 dope ass solo cuts, a major record label would NOT release it without making him go back and change basically everything...PeACe

acgrundy

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2006, 09:37:17 PM »
He should do one that is more old school/funkish rather than gangsta.  Get some people like stevie wonder, the gap band, do an oldschool funk record.

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 09:41:25 PM »
Nate Dogg is the musical equivalent of pepper.  I love pepper, and pepper makes everything from pizza to toast to salad to soup to steak taste better.... doesn't mean I wanna sit around and eat a bowl of pepper, though. 

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 09:47:57 PM »

Nate Dogg is a pure talent...He has a talent that people don't believe in fully, since he hasn't succeeded 100% alone...I know for sure that he can be a commercial success as a solo artist, and labels simply won't be willing to experiment with that because of who he is...I'm sure if he came up with 14 dope ass solo cuts, a major record label would NOT release it without making him go back and change basically everything...PeACe
Exactly...people just see him as a person who does hooks/bridges & maybe a verse or two but that's it...if he was only able to do the material he wanted to on his solo shit, then people would recognize his talent...G. Funk Classics 1&2 & Music & Me are proof that he can do an album himself with a few guests on it & still have dope solo cuts too... 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 09:48:58 PM »
Nate Dogg is the musical equivalent of pepper.  I love pepper, and pepper makes everything from pizza to toast to salad to soup to steak taste better.... doesn't mean I wanna sit around and eat a bowl of pepper, though. 

;D

I will say this, his G Funk Classics are great, but one complant, HE SINGS IN ONE NOTE THOUGH THE WHOLE ALBUM. I think his a great hook man, his like the Dr. Dre of hooks, he makes your song that much better. A Dre beat with a Nate hook, you are platnum once they leave the studio. But Nate had his one double disc, and honestly, that's really all he has. Unless he can do some true R&B, then no.

d-nice

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 09:50:33 PM »
You It's A Hit when Nate Dogg spit.

Of course he should come out with another album.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2006, 09:50:50 PM »
, HE SINGS IN ONE NOTE THOUGH THE WHOLE ALBUM.

^^Another one who hasn't really listened to a Nate Dogg album.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2006, 09:54:33 PM »

I own it. a great chill album, but not something I listen to all the time. Although as I said, if he goes pure R&B, then I think it can work.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2006, 09:55:51 PM »

I own it. a great chill album, but not something I listen to all the time. Although as I said, if he goes pure R&B, then I think it can work.

Pure R&B? Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? LOL...You said Nate Dogg sings in one note, which is FAR from the truth...PeACe

Trauma-san

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2006, 10:00:39 PM »
Nate Dogg has about a one octave vocal range.  I have a three octave vocal range.  Mariah Carey has a 7 octave vocal range.  I'm not saying Nate can't sing, he can... but saying he's extremely versatile is stretching it. 

Another thing you guys are forgetting is, Nate didn't make shit off of "Music and Me" or G funk classics.  Neither sold worth a fuck.  Name 1 artist who dropped two albums that didn't sell, then all of a sudden made a fucking fortune off their third album.  Anybody?  Heh?  He's better off sticking to hooks for other people, you record 1 days worth of work and get paid 10-20 grand, and get royalties from the track if it hits it huge.  THAT's the way to go. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2006, 10:02:32 PM »

Pure R&B? Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? LOL...You said Nate Dogg sings in one note, which is FAR from the truth...PeACe

OK, he sings other notes, but in reality, he stays are the same tempo, and he is more of a kick back singer. To do R&B, you need to do more than his shown, I think he can do it, I just think that G Funk and Hip Hop does not let him fully show his talent.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2006, 10:03:24 PM »
Nate Dogg has about a one octave vocal range. 

Dude, shut the fuck up, seriously, Nate can sing super high and super low, I seriously think most the board hasn't heard "G Funk Classics"... ::)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2006, 10:04:39 PM »
Nate Dogg has about a one octave vocal range. 

Dude, shut the fuck up, seriously, Nate can sings super high and super low, I seriously think most the board hasn't heard "G Funk Classics"... ::)

I own it, I can have it up in the hook up section tomorrow, since I'm about to sleep. I can burn copies and mail them right now. I've heard it, and I'll say it, he needs to show more in terms of singing.