Author Topic: I've been bumpin the shit outta this album lately...  (Read 289 times)

jeromechickenbone

I've been bumpin the shit outta this album lately...
« on: August 13, 2006, 08:22:42 AM »
Bone Thugs -N- Harmony  "The Art of War".  Specifically disc one.  It's such a cohesive disc - I think DJ Uneek did most / all of the beats.  But everything from the beats, subject matter, flows, harmonies / singing, was 100% on point.  There's just mad good songs on here, and I'm realizing what a personal classic this is for me.  Only problem is, I can't find my disc 2 :'(

1. Retaliation (Intro)
2. Handle The Vibe
3. Look Into My Eyes
4. Body Rott
5. It's All Mo' Thug
6. Ready 4 War - (featuring Maje$ty)
7. Ain't Nothin Changed (Everyday Thang Part 2)
8. Clog Up Yo Mind
9. It's All Real
10. Hardtimes (Interlude)
11. Mind Of A Souljah
12. If I Could Teach The World
13. Family Tree

If you ain't busted this one out in a while, you need to throw it on cuz it's dope as fuck.  Peace

Narrator

Re: I've been bumpin the shit outta this album lately...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 08:28:24 AM »
"Art of War" was unfortunately for me the point where I started losing faith in BTNH.  It had some good songs, but there was just waaaaayyy too much filler.  Maybe if I hadn't listened to "Creepin On A Come Up" and "E 1999 Eternal" first, I would've felt differently, but "Art of War" was just a disappointment.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 08:35:16 AM »
"Art of War" was unfortunately for me the point where I started losing faith in BTNH.  It had some good songs, but there was just waaaaayyy too much filler.  Maybe if I hadn't listened to "Creepin On A Come Up" and "E 1999 Eternal" first, I would've felt differently, but "Art of War" was just a disappointment.

Hmmm...I had both of those albums prior to this one, but I know what you mean.  At the time it came out, there were tracks that I skipped over like a mother fucker on this.  But now, after breaking it out and bumping disc 1 front to back several times, I appreciate it hella more than I did when it first dropped.  I think back then, all we had to compare it to was their first two classic discs, and now I'm looking at the music they've put out in the last several years and realize that it's actually pretty good.  It sucks that it's that way, but I can honestly say I really like disc one.

Narrator

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 09:11:59 AM »
That's a good point...Bone's first two albums were just so good that there wasn't any way they could live up to those kind of expectations again.  Especially doing a double-disc; it's almost impossible to do well with those.

"Art of War" does contain "Let The Law End", which is one of my favorite Bone songs.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 09:20:05 AM by Narrator »

ABN

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 09:22:36 AM »
you want the second disc? pm me if you want it and i´ll hook you up.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 03:15:39 PM »
Disc 2 is lame anyways, You're better off without it.

But I feel ya man. Art Of War was a bad ass CD. My personal favorite is still the Krayzie Bone solo.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 04:57:49 PM »
My lil cuzin broke it and i havent been able 2 find it anywhere. Could some 1 post both disc 1 and disc 2 for me plz

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 09:34:08 PM »
They need to release the new album,asap. Dead Prez and Bone should come with a collabo album?

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 12:56:27 AM »
i just got the album on sale for 10 bucks up at FYE.  I like the album alot but it seems too mellow as the 1st disc plays on.  Great album for night time i think.  "Handle The Vibe" and "Body Rott" are my fav. mostly cuz their more energetic. (more "handle the vibe" cuz they sampled KRS' "loves gonna get ya")

PS Wu-Tang Forever was 10 bills too :pimp:

youngmessnucca

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 12:59:39 AM »
Disc 2 is lame anyways, You're better off without it.

But I feel ya man. Art Of War was a bad ass CD. My personal favorite is still the Krayzie Bone solo.

Youv'e been sleeping. Disc 2 has definitley got some classic Bone, and it's really the last we got to hear of them like that. Disc 2 had a few weak songs, but overall it was still great. I'm a die hard Bone Thugs fans ( or at least I was in 97 lol ), so that might be why I see it the way I do. Thug Love, 7 Sign, Friends, Let The Law End, Wasteland Warriors were great and how you forget about U Ain't Bone? Bone was at their most lyrical and most motivated with this album imo. I always listen to this from time to time.

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 01:02:04 AM »
1st disc was fuckin classic, 2nd was alright, let the law end was cool. i wanna get the instrumentals to both discs

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 01:03:41 AM »

Youv'e been sleeping. Disc 2 has definitley got some classic Bone, and it's really the last we got to hear of them like that. Disc 2 had a few weak songs, but overall it was still great. I'm a die hard Bone Thugs fans ( or at least I was in 97 lol ), so that might be why I see it the way I do. Thug Love, 7 Sign, Friends, Let The Law End, Wasteland Warriors were great and how you forget about U Ain't Bone? Bone was at their most lyrical and most motivated with this album imo. I always listen to this from time to time.

My bad, I thought Thug Love and Wasteland Warrios was on disc 1 too. I was a huge Bone fan too and rode with them even after the fell off. Thug World Order was some unforgivable shit though lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

youngmessnucca

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 09:27:40 AM »

My bad, I thought Thug Love and Wasteland Warrios was on disc 1 too. I was a huge Bone fan too and rode with them even after the fell off. Thug World Order was some unforgivable shit though lol.

I tried pushing that to the back of my mind. I dunno how they couldv'e made an album that bad. I hope this album on Full Surface isn't gonna be that bad, especially since Bizzy has left the group.