Author Topic: Help with computer problem...  (Read 106 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Help with computer problem...
« on: August 18, 2006, 12:49:14 AM »
I'm not sure if my hard drive crashed or not... anyways, I got some error message saying some file was corrupt or missing or some shit, and it wouldn't start windows... the only options I had were F1 (Help) and F10 (System Recovery)... so I pressed F10 but then I realized that I'd be losing all my files... so I just cancelled... now every time I turn on my computer all I get is a black screen with a _ blinking... before I restore my computer I was wondering if there's anything I can do to save my hard drive and all the files I have... my friend suggested plugging in an external hard drive and said that all the files would just transfer automatically even if I'm not able to get on windows... that true?
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

The Watcher

Re: Help with computer problem...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 01:31:40 AM »
no, its not true and yes, your hard disk is probably on its way out

you can boot up with the windows cd in the drive and reinstall windows, but choose to leave the filesystem intact and not make any changes, this means you'll lose everything in C:\windows, C:\program files and your My Documents, but if you had something like C:\mp3 or C:\music, that would be there still when windows is reinstalled

army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 01:34:07 AM »
try rebooting and hitting the F8 button

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 01:59:18 AM »
try rebooting and hitting the F8 button

Tried before, but can't even do that anymore.

no, its not true and yes, your hard disk is probably on its way out

you can boot up with the windows cd in the drive and reinstall windows, but choose to leave the filesystem intact and not make any changes, this means you'll lose everything in C:\windows, C:\program files and your My Documents, but if you had something like C:\mp3 or C:\music, that would be there still when windows is reinstalled

It's a HP... there aren't any recovery disks.. instead it uses part of the hard drive as a backup or some shit for recovering... and I think there are two options: Standard Recovery and Destructive Recovery... I know with the latter, I'll lose everything... is the Standard Recovery kinda what you're describing? Cuz I'm mainly concerned with my mp3's which are in C:\music like you just said...
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 02:53:29 AM »
A Really good site for computer help is www.majorgeeks.com  there's a link on the top right for forums.  I would recommend asking for help there and checking that site out for any computer problems and it's just a good site to download safe programs.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 10:36:27 AM »
You might as well ask for relationship advice on a suicide forum...