Author Topic: The Official B-Ball World Championship thread  (Read 3158 times)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Official B-Ball World Championship thread
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 06:51:33 AM »
Just saw the replay of the USA/Aussie game......USA look quite good

wcsoldier

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2006, 08:57:59 AM »
Argentina and Spain have great teams, this semifinal should be off the hook

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2006, 11:46:25 AM »
Is it me, or is Melo proving that he's as good, if not better than Wade and LeBron in this tournament? NBA marketing sucks, but what sucks worse is fans who eat it up...PeACe

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2006, 12:26:05 PM »
Melo has been the best player on the team so far, but hes still not better than Wade or LB

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2006, 12:35:35 PM »
Melo has been the best player on the team so far, but hes still not better than Wade or LB

I think all their skills are about even, with Wade being a little behind...But Wade and LeBron simply get the push that Melo doesn't...That's why NBA marketing sucks, and that's why MJ will probably always be considered the greatest, he was simply there at the right time, when marketing took off...PeACe

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2006, 12:37:48 PM »

I think all their skills are about even, with Wade being a little behind...But Wade and LeBron simply get the push that Melo doesn't...That's why NBA marketing sucks, and that's why MJ will probably always be considered the greatest, he was simply there at the right time, when marketing took off...PeACe
Ok I agree NBA marketing is BULLSHIT.  And I agree alot of time Wade gets away with murder but still Melo isnt quie as good as them.  He's damn close though and he has really elevated his game.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2006, 12:48:44 PM »

Ok I agree NBA marketing is BULLSHIT.  And I agree alot of time Wade gets away with murder but still Melo isnt quie as good as them.  He's damn close though and he has really elevated his game.

Why is Carmelo playing at a higher level then? What makes LeBron and Wade better? Seeing them shoved in your face all the time? Carmelo has the same ability, plus he's a lot more clutch than they are..All I'm saying is that the NBA markets Wade and LeBron a lot stronger, making it seem to the average consumer that they are in a league of their own, when really, it's not the case...You can make an argument for all of them as to why they're the best of the 3, but because of marketing (probably due to Carmelo's history with trouble), Wade and LeBron are considered the next GOATS, while Carmelo struggles to make the all-star squad...Do you not see my point?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2006, 01:08:18 PM »
IMO  it goes like this in overall skill and leadership

1. wade
2. Melo
3. lebron

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2006, 01:21:34 PM »

1. wade
2. Melo
3. lebron

Sorry, man, Wade has the LEAST skill of the three, especially on the defensive end...And don't get me started on inside-outside game...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2006, 10:39:26 PM »

1. wade
2. Melo
3. lebron

wcsoldier

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2006, 11:06:48 PM »
Melo outplays them coz unlike Wade and Bron, he has a solid outside shot ... I always think FIBA game was useful to judge if a NBA player was overrated or not, I have my answer  8)

ecrazy

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2006, 04:50:06 AM »
Watch the games on your computer!!!

www.viidoo.com

Download the TVU PLAYER AND ENJOY!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2006, 01:43:05 PM »
Goodbye Germany, your ethinic clensing didin't work . ;)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2006, 01:46:20 PM »
Melo outplays them coz unlike Wade and Bron, he has a solid outside shot ... I always think FIBA game was useful to judge if a NBA player was overrated or not, I have my answer  8)

Wasn't he cold from everywhere at the last champs? or was it the olympics. I muss admit, he has the hot hand right now

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2006, 04:49:42 PM »
In international basketball (FIBA) the ability to hit ranged jump shots is much more important than in the NBA, because in the NBA the field is bigger and the zone is bigger and you can make a first step before you dribble the ball, which makes penetrating and slashing much more convenient... it's not that easy in FIBA games, therefore teams have to rely on jump shots more, especially against zone defense. the 3pt line is also much nearer to the basket than in the NBA which makes 3pts / shooting more attractive. so in a nutshell one big reason why lebron and wade get outplayed by anthony is the fact that anthony has a hotter hand right now, doesn't mean he's the better player, pz

that's also why I said that it sucks for the US that Redd isn't going with them and everybody went on my nuts for it. I bet my ass that a Redd/Allen type of player would look better than LeBron and Wade as well, (if he's in shape and all, of course)... and we all know that Redd is far from being as special as Wade and LeBron are.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 04:53:33 PM by 7even Denjin Hadouken Master »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin