Author Topic: The Official B-Ball World Championship thread  (Read 3161 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: The Official B-Ball World Championship thread
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2006, 04:56:59 PM »
In international basketball (FIBA) the ability to hit ranged jump shots is much more important than in the NBA, because in the NBA the field is bigger and the zone is bigger and you can make a first step before you dribble the ball, which makes penetrating and slashing much more convenient... it's not that easy in FIBA games, therefore teams have to rely on jump shots more, especially against zone defense. the 3pt line is also much nearer to the basket than in the NBA which makes 3pts / shooting more attractive. so in a nutshell one big reason why lebron and wade get outplayed by anthony is the fact that anthony has a hotter hand right now, doesn't mean he's the better player, pz

that's also why I said that it sucks for the US that Redd isn't going with them and everybody went on my nuts for it. I bet my ass that a Redd/Allen type of player would look better than LeBron and Wade as well, (if he's in shape and all, of course)... and we all know that Redd is far from being as special as Wade and LeBron are.

You're full of shit, as if the US has to adjust to the European style of play more than the Europeans have to adjust to the American style of play...Someone like Kobe woulda' been a perfect balance...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »
In international basketball (FIBA) the ability to hit ranged jump shots is much more important than in the NBA, because in the NBA the field is bigger and the zone is bigger and you can make a first step before you dribble the ball, which makes penetrating and slashing much more convenient... it's not that easy in FIBA games, therefore teams have to rely on jump shots more, especially against zone defense. the 3pt line is also much nearer to the basket than in the NBA which makes 3pts / shooting more attractive. so in a nutshell one big reason why lebron and wade get outplayed by anthony is the fact that anthony has a hotter hand right now, doesn't mean he's the better player, pz

that's also why I said that it sucks for the US that Redd isn't going with them and everybody went on my nuts for it. I bet my ass that a Redd/Allen type of player would look better than LeBron and Wade as well, (if he's in shape and all, of course)... and we all know that Redd is far from being as special as Wade and LeBron are.

You're full of shit, as if the US has to adjust to the European style of play more than the Europeans have to adjust to the American style of play...Someone like Kobe woulda' been a perfect balance...PeACe

what does kobe or adjusting to the NBA style have to do with anything?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2006, 05:01:43 PM »

what does kobe or adjusting to the NBA style have to do with anything?

You're making it seem like Redd and Allen would be better against international teams just because of their better shooting...Well, Wade and LeBron still have the physical skill advantage, which is what has made the US so succesful in international play all these years...That's why I'm saying Kobe would be the perfect balance, he can shoot, defend, AND has that superior physical ability...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2006, 05:15:52 PM »
Kobe would definitely be better than Wade or LeBron in FIBA games, no question but the thing is that even a person like Kyle Korver would be great if he has a hot hand, slashing/penetrating is not so easy in FIBA games, especially against zone defense. Of course Wade and LeBron can still do it now and then cause they are much, much better and athletic than most of their opponents. But if one looks at how Anthony got his points Im sure one gon find out that most of them were jump shots. Against Germany the Team USA was quite terrible from the 3pt line at times, but they forced turnovers and dominated the offensive board so ruthlessly that the missed shots didn't hurt them too much.

Now, against weaker opponents you can still win despite not having a hot shooter or the greatest team chemistry because of individual athleticism and talent alone. But I think it can be tough against Argentina or Spain if you don't knock down the jump shots and rely on athletic penetrating and slashing.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2006, 05:26:06 PM »

PLANT

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2006, 05:45:26 PM »
you guys see how well Bosh is playing now that hes getting minutes......finally

wcsoldier

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2006, 01:01:43 AM »
Team USA better step it up , if not they're going to be in trouble.. The 3 others teams remaining are on another level... I still think Argentina and Spain have a good chance to beat them

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2006, 03:14:52 AM »
i got to admit i'm starting to worry now

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2006, 04:29:15 AM »

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2006, 06:35:28 AM »
Wow, France pipped Germany

wcsoldier

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2006, 10:55:32 AM »
^^^ Yep Gomis hit a dope three.. playing for the fifth place is not bad , considering our best player didn't play (Parker).. With all these young talented players, we got a great future..

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2006, 01:40:14 PM »
I called from the very start that team USA will not lose a game this entire tournament.....people are starting to say that the remaining teams are on the same level, if not better than team USA. So with that said, I'm asking for anyone to put their money where their mouth is......throw out any dollar figure and we'll bet through PayPal. Mark my words, team USA will not lose.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »
^^^ Yep Gomis hit a dope three.. playing for the fifth place is not bad , considering our best player didn't play (Parker).. With all these young talented players, we got a great future..

Oh I dunno, a good team would juss eat them up. They gave away dumb fouls, did you see the foul they committed at the end of the 3rd qtr (I think), beyond the 3pt line w/ the buzzer about to sound? Thas the dumbest shit I've ever seen, lol.

But hey, they did enough and played to the whistle and came away w/ the win, can't bag them for that, :)

ecrazy

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2006, 01:41:00 AM »
WOW, Greece is winning, and tearing it up at the moment, im getting worried

ecrazy

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2006, 02:22:41 AM »
WOW