Author Topic: interview with Ice Cube & FHM magazine  (Read 270 times)

Chad

interview with Ice Cube & FHM magazine
« on: August 30, 2006, 06:59:01 AM »
Your new album is called Laugh Now, Cry Later. What makes Ice Cube laugh?
People getting hurt doing stupid stuff, like messing with a crocodile and getting bit. I laugh all the time. I can find something funny in everything because I have a dark sense of humor.

When was the last time Ice Cube cried?
My uncle’s funeral. I also felt like crying when Jerome Bettis won the Super Bowl. He got a chance to go out on top with the ring and the trophy. He's a good person and it made me feel good to see him win.

You reminisce about your life on the song "Growing Up." What are some of your best memories of your youth?
I have memories of the neighborhood where I grew up because there were a lot of boys on my street. There was a lot of activity like bike riding, skateboarding and football. That was the cool part of growing up.

What are some of your worst memories?
I watched as the '80s rolled by and the people I once respected were becoming strung out and losing their families. Many became homeless and had to sell all their possessions. It was tough seeing a person who I used to call Mister and hearing someone say, "Look at this smoking motherfucker coming down the street." Or guys might run up and kick him in the ass. It was very rough seeing people disrespect a man who was totally respected in the neighborhood at one time.

Do you have a lot of Hollywood friends?
Very few. Hollywood is all fake. Will Smith and I are cool, but I wouldn’t say we’re friends. When I do a movie, he’ll send a gift basket with a note, and I do the same for him.

When will you be on Oprah like Will?
I’ve been involved in three projects pitched to her, but I’ve never been asked to participate. For Barbershop, she had Cedric the Entertainer and Eve on, but I wasn’t invited. Maybe she’s got a problem with hip-hop. It’s bullshit, because she’s had damn rapists, child molesters and lying authors on her show. And if I’m not a rags-to-riches story to her, who is?

You starred in such kids movies as Are We There Yet? Do you feel these movies will hurt your credibility at all?
I'm from South Central L.A., so I'm going to always have credibility. Whether people think it or not, who gives a shit? Anyone who thinks you have to do street shit to be credible is stupid. I know where I'm from, and I know what I had to do to get here. Ain't a motherfucker out there who can take that away from me. I don't care if I did movies like Pee Wee Herman! Ain't nobody gonna come up to me and say nothing that ain't supposed to be said.

You're producing and starring in the movie version of Welcome Back Kotter. How is your Kotter different from the original?
I hope I get paid more money than his ass did! My Kotter will make for a better movie; TV is so limited and so corny.

Ice Cube's album Laugh Now, Cry Later is out now 

Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: interview with Ice Cube & FHM magazine
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 10:59:23 AM »
cool i guess.

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 11:37:07 AM »
People should let Dubcnn handle interviews cause this shit was Boo Boo

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 11:43:45 AM »
I can't even read other interviews now because I am always comparing it to dubcnn's. This was cool but FHM asked him more business related questions and less on music.

The Predator

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 01:55:34 PM »
Thanks for the interview.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 01:59:27 PM »
FHM asked him more business related questions and less on music.
^True...

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 03:38:01 PM »
lol @ doing movie in peewee hermen...HAHA
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 06:14:04 AM »

You're producing and starring in the movie version of Welcome Back Kotter. How is your Kotter different from the original?
I hope I get paid more money than his ass did!

it's all about the $$$$$$
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....