Author Topic: Looks Like DAZ will Flop  (Read 742 times)

Narrator

Re: Looks Like DAZ will Flop
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 06:33:35 AM »
Of course Daz gon flop.  He's a washed-up G-Funk rapper from the 90s...cats like that ain't popular no more.  If "Cali Iz Active" couldn't sell with Snoop behind it, then "So So Gangsta" ain't gonna sell with JD behind it.

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 07:19:55 AM »
Of course Daz gon flop.  He's a washed-up G-Funk rapper from the 90s...cats like that ain't popular no more.  If "Cali Iz Active" couldn't sell with Snoop behind it, then "So So Gangsta" ain't gonna sell with JD behind it.

Exactly.  However, my local radio station be playin On Some Real Shit regularly.  Maybe Daz gets more love a few miles north of LA.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Suga Foot

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 08:41:03 AM »
He shoulda had his frist single featuring Mariah Carey

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 10:33:28 AM »
fucc daz

Narrator

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 10:39:03 AM »
fucc daz

Didn't I already tell you you a busta?  Busta niggas that don't respect legends don't get to speak.

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 11:28:28 AM »
They thought Mariah Carey was washed up too until JD got a hold of her.

www.myspace.com/thablaqsinattra

hiphopalerts

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 11:38:15 AM »
his song isn't getting played on the radio. even in L.A. power106 doesn't play it.  they'll support the hell outta the south but won't play local artists even if they signed to a major like Daz. radio in cali is at an all time low, thanks to the south.

i want daz to do well.  i hope he pushes the album back and releases another single that will catch on.

the radio is on the south dick. snoop is 1 day too late with this west coast unity, we shoulda been had that shit.  now people trying to do that because they know the south run that shit.  i think daz will go gold at the end of the day after all is said and done but he gots2 put out weekend quicc

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »
fuck the weekend song..hate that crap.  it's messy sounded...

the only weekend song that i like is from mac 10 from paper route...ft ice cube..that's gangsta shit.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 12:54:06 PM »
if a wack fuck like rick rock can get attention nationwide, i dont see why daz can't  if he has songs that can appeal to everybody from CA to NY.

look at e-40. even tho he flopped, he never got attention untill now and it took him to change his style.  i don't see why daz can't. the fact that JD is on his songs should help daz get more exposure.

Haha, wtf? E-40 didn't flop you dumb ass nigga, he's certified Gold with over 400,000 sold in Sound Scan..
http://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=1452651744&MyToken=c7a53c5b-5d52-4745-997a-900f2e9b32d5

^Plus he's still selling over 12 K a week, Daz won't even sell that much in his first week. Give it up L.A, ain't nobody tryna hear all of these Washed up rappers ya'll got who were hot 12 years ago..
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"

$Eg2$

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 12:58:01 PM »
if a wack fuck like rick rock can get attention nationwide, i dont see why daz can't  if he has songs that can appeal to everybody from CA to NY.

look at e-40. even tho he flopped, he never got attention untill now and it took him to change his style.  i don't see why daz can't. the fact that JD is on his songs should help daz get more exposure.

Haha, wtf? E-40 didn't flop you dumb ass nigga, he's certified Gold with over 400,000 sold in Sound Scan..
http://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=1452651744&MyToken=c7a53c5b-5d52-4745-997a-900f2e9b32d5

^Plus he's still selling over 12 K a week, Daz won't even sell that much in his first week. Give it up L.A, ain't nobody tryna hear all of these Washed up rappers ya'll got who were hot 12 years ago..

Put ya Vans on that look like sneakers and walk way lil gyrl

youngmessnucca

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 02:21:56 PM »
I don't know why people really expect sales for this album in the first place

sure JD is involved, but really people don't care....

I feel lots don't care about anything, the only thing that sells good is what's shoved down the general public and kids throats, good or bad

Exactly, but I guess some peoplw need to speak negativley about others in order to feel better about there own pathetic lives.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 02:35:48 PM »

You mean Rick Ross???  Hip-hop is turning into a one shot deal for these new artists.  Artists like Rick Ross, Mike Jones, Young Jeezy and Young Joc will have no one anticipating their second album.  It really sicks for the vets like Daz and certain groups because people know what to expect from them.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 03:02:01 PM »
Daz'll sell. Not huge numbers but he'll do good for himself. Look at all the wack muthafuckas in the game making money. At least Daz got an ounce of talent.....at least he used to.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Narrator

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 09:21:23 PM »
Daz'll sell. Not huge numbers but he'll do good for himself. Look at all the wack muthafuckas in the game making money. At least Daz got an ounce of talent.....at least he used to.

Daz really doesn't have that much more talent than the average G-rapper.  Well, on the mic at least...behind the boards, it's a different story.  But anyway, I don't think Daz really deserves mainstream success that much more than Rick Ross or any of these other cats.  If he gets it, good for him, but if not, I ain't gonna act like it was owed to him or anything.  As far as I'm concerned, ain't nobody sleeping on much.

acgrundy

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 10:11:07 PM »
why would you expect this to be big?  At one point Daz was my favorite rapper, and I don't even give one damn about this album.