Author Topic: Idlewild  (Read 241 times)

MANBEARPIG.

Idlewild
« on: August 24, 2006, 01:21:51 AM »
I know theres a thread about this already but i felt the official Album deserves its own thread.  shit is sick!

Standouts:

N2U
Morris Brown
Mighty O
Hollywood Divorce
Chronomentrophobia
Call The Law
Buggface
PJ and Rooster
When I Look In Your Eyes
Peaches
Life Is Like A Musical

This Janlle Monae is fuckin dope, I hope she drops something solo and Scar is a pretty dope RnB piece he sounds so much like a female its weird at times but hes no Sleepy Brown replacement.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Idlewild
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 01:37:47 AM »
my favorites are

mighty o
idlewild blues
call the law
pj & rooster
dying to live

the others are great, but those stand out to me

im gotta go buy it when its released here :x

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:13:01 AM »
Only listened to it once so far but was really impressed, the production is great.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 12:01:44 PM »
all i've listened to so far is idlewild blues, morris brown, and PJ & Rooster and they were all sick...i have this on my computer but i haven't had a chance to check it yet...maybe tonight

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 01:03:37 PM »
Damn I forgot I had this album. I gotta check it out. Hollywood Divorce & The Mighty O were both pretty nice so I'm sure the rest is.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Narrator

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 01:11:03 PM »
I was dissappointed.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 02:23:50 PM »
Only listened to it once so far but was really impressed, the production is great.

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 07:33:47 PM »
loved it ;D

youngmessnucca

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 11:16:37 PM »
Morris Brown is the shit! It's a wierd album, but it grew on me quick.

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 12:55:54 AM »
I'm extremely dissapointed to an extent. Only to an extent because it's a soundtrack so alot of tracks are featured in the movie. I'm pretty much not feeling anything Andre did, but maybe because I'm not a big fan of the music from the era they're covering. Big Boi came on point for the most part, feeling the majority of his tracks. These are my favorites:

The Mighty O
The Train
Hollywood Divorce
Mutron Angel
Morris Brown
A Bad Note
Chronomentrophobia
Dying To Live

The positives about the album, is it's advancing hip-hop in a way. What they're doing with the musical/album, is nice. They're elevating and experimenting their music, always a plus even if I'm not feeling it.

I'm sure the next album will be one I'm happy with. I don't like Idlewild as much as Speakerboxx/The Love Below, but that doesn't mean they're taking a step back like most artists: they're elevating their game, and that's a beautiful thing.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 10:31:13 AM »
This CD is great, except I'm not feeling the last 3-4 tracks AT ALL.  But I'm really impressed with this CD, I thought it was gonna be terrible.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 12:27:11 PM »
I'm extremely dissapointed to an extent. Only to an extent because it's a soundtrack so alot of tracks are featured in the movie. I'm pretty much not feeling anything Andre did, but maybe because I'm not a big fan of the music from the era they're covering. Big Boi came on point for the most part, feeling the majority of his tracks. These are my favorites:

The Mighty O
The Train
Hollywood Divorce
Mutron Angel
Morris Brown
A Bad Note
Chronomentrophobia
Dying To Live

The positives about the album, is it's advancing hip-hop in a way. What they're doing with the musical/album, is nice. They're elevating and experimenting their music, always a plus even if I'm not feeling it.

I'm sure the next album will be one I'm happy with. I don't like Idlewild as much as Speakerboxx/The Love Below, but that doesn't mean they're taking a step back like most artists: they're elevating their game, and that's a beautiful thing.

actually its a new album featuring some songs from the movie, they've stated about 10 percent of the album is in the movie and the rest is new material for us.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Narrator

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 01:42:38 PM »
I'm surprised everyone likes this album so much.  How can anyone like the fact that Dre and Big Boi are still not collaborating with each other, and that Dre is still trying to sing when he sucks at it?  I'm all for progress and artistic growth, but "Speakerboxx/Love Below" was a misguided step in the wrong direction, and now they're still doing the same thing with "Idlewild".

Cowboy

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 01:56:36 PM »
"Idlewild Blues"
"Hollywood Divorce"
"Morris Brown"
"Chronomentrophobia" are all sick tracks. I'd rate the album as a whole a 4/5. IMO 'The Love Below/Speakerboxxx' was better.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 02:21:23 AM »

The Mighty O
The Train
Hollywood Divorce
Mutron Angel
Morris Brown
A Bad Note
Chronomentrophobia
Dying To Live

actually its a new album featuring some songs from the movie, they've stated about 10 percent of the album is in the movie and the rest is new material for us.
I didn't know that. I've given the album a few more listens and it's growing on me. It's still my least favorite album from them, but it's probably the best album out this year no doubt.

THA SAUCE HOUSE