Author Topic: The WACK emcees!!!  (Read 1171 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: The WACK emcees!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2006, 06:30:40 PM »
D4L
you must not have heard "scotty"

nope i haven't.
i guess i'll take a listen to it though, im praying i dont go running into the wall headfirst out of annoyance though.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2006, 07:08:28 PM »
D4L

nope i haven't.
i guess i'll take a listen to it though, im praying i dont go running into the wall headfirst out of annoyance though.
<a href="http://www.bolt.com/audio/audio_player_mp3_branded.swf?contentId=2121517&amp;contentType=3&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.bolt.com/audio/audio_player_mp3_branded.swf?contentId=2121517&amp;contentType=3&amp;autoplay=0</a>

BL7

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2006, 12:19:41 AM »
^^^^ Not much better than "Laffy Taffy", and that's the worst rap song I've ever heard in my life.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2006, 04:10:42 AM »
I'd put in there...

Bonecrusher (Remeber him? Never scared!)
Caz
Tony Yayo (I remember G-Unit hyping him up like crazy when his ass was in jail. Then dude was set free and the truth was told.)
Shit, the whole D4L
Kevin Federline - He's THE prime example of somebody getting into the rap game just for the money. And today it seems any fool can put out a wack ass record with wack ass lyrics and make money with it, then play themselves like they're the genuine article.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2006, 06:42:50 AM »
D4L

nope i haven't.
<a href="http://www.bolt.com/audio/audio_player_mp3_branded.swf?contentId=2121517&amp;contentType=3&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.bolt.com/audio/audio_player_mp3_branded.swf?contentId=2121517&amp;contentType=3&amp;autoplay=0</a>

ill admit i liked the beat...everything else was terrible though.
so i'll stick to keeping them on the list

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2006, 08:46:27 AM »
While I was young in '95 ( only 11 ), I had listened to an heard plenty of hip-hop, more than you most likely, and only people listening to shit like ATCQ, Pete Rock and shit like that were complaing. People who like good music were listening to Bone Thugs. Seems like I was smarter than you when I was 11, then you are now.

No, I'm afraid you weren't...then or now.

Bone were not respected in '95, and if you really believe otherwise, you're the one who REALLY had his head up his ass.

This guy speaks the truth. In '95, I loved G Funk, $hort, E40 and that kind of music, as well as Tribe, De La, and that shit.

I've been in Cali my whole life and back then I was heavily involved in the underground rap scene, going to open mics, battling fools and shit like that. The truth is that many hip hop heads were narrow minded and if the music didn't sound like some DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Diamond D type shit, it wasn't "real hip hop" and it got dissed. Why do you think people use terms like "real hip hop" in the first place? Why do you think Masta Ace recorded "Slaughterhouse"? Why do you think Common Sense recorded "I used to love her"? They were mad that hip hop spread out of New York and brothas from LA, Oakland and the South were putting their own twist on it and to them it wasn't "real" and it got dissed.

Outkast wasn't respected at first. E40 wasn't respected at first. G-Funk wasn't respected at first and while it was great music, many people in the hip hp community dissed it since they were narrow minded. The same thing with Bone Thugs. This is what happened, I was there, and I served a lot fools on the mic that used to talk shit about west coast music. Why do you think Ice Cube got all pissed off and recorded Westside Slaughterhouse? In fact in those days, only Heiro and the Pharcyde got respect out of the west coast. I was there and I remember all of it.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

youngmessnucca

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2006, 11:03:45 AM »
While I was young in '95 ( only 11 ), I had listened to an heard plenty of hip-hop, more than you most likely, and only people listening to shit like ATCQ, Pete Rock and shit like that were complaing. People who like good music were listening to Bone Thugs. Seems like I was smarter than you when I was 11, then you are now.

Bone were not respected in '95, and if you really believe otherwise, you're the one who REALLY had his head up his ass.

This guy speaks the truth. In '95, I loved G Funk, $hort, E40 and that kind of music, as well as Tribe, De La, and that shit.

I've been in Cali my whole life and back then I was heavily involved in the underground rap scene, going to open mics, battling fools and shit like that. The truth is that many hip hop heads were narrow minded and if the music didn't sound like some DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Diamond D type shit, it wasn't "real hip hop" and it got dissed. Why do you think people use terms like "real hip hop" in the first place? Why do you think Masta Ace recorded "Slaughterhouse"? Why do you think Common Sense recorded "I used to love her"? They were mad that hip hop spread out of New York and brothas from LA, Oakland and the South were putting their own twist on it and to them it wasn't "real" and it got dissed.

Outkast wasn't respected at first. E40 wasn't respected at first. G-Funk wasn't respected at first and while it was great music, many people in the hip hp community dissed it since they were narrow minded. The same thing with Bone Thugs. This is what happened, I was there, and I served a lot fools on the mic that used to talk shit about west coast music. Why do you think Ice Cube got all pissed off and recorded Westside Slaughterhouse? In fact in those days, only Heiro and the Pharcyde got respect out of the west coast. I was there and I remember all of it.

So, youre speaking on what people from the East thought, not the country as a whole right? Youre telling me Cali was stiuck on that Primo, Pete Rock sound? I'm telling you, we were loving that Bone shit back then. Outkast too. I'll admit 40 Water was wierd to me at first, but as I got older, I understood the game he spit. I also remeber the Common/WSC beef, and the reasoning behind it, but that was just the Eastcoast getting mad. I've always had a wider taste in rap than most of the people on my coast, but facts are in 95, people were LOVING bone & outkast out here.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2006, 12:22:08 PM »

So, youre speaking on what people from the East thought, not the country as a whole right? Youre telling me Cali was stiuck on that Primo, Pete Rock sound? I'm telling you, we were loving that Bone shit back then. Outkast too. I'll admit 40 Water was wierd to me at first, but as I got older, I understood the game he spit. I also remeber the Common/WSC beef, and the reasoning behind it, but that was just the Eastcoast getting mad. I've always had a wider taste in rap than most of the people on my coast, but facts are in 95, people were LOVING bone & outkast out here.

You see, the streets was lovin' the death row g-funk Ice Cube Snoop Dogg E40 Too $hort Bone Thugs type shit out here in Cali. I'm more or less referring to the self-proclaimed "real hip hop heads" and New York critics, the media, backpackers, underground heads, those kind of people. I also knew kids from New York and they were shitting on that type of music, it wasn't real or whatever. Bone Thugs and much of west coast rap was considered pop music and therefore it wasn't "real" in their eyes. I can speak on what the west coast was feelin', the local underground scene here, and the heads from New York that I ran into while I was in the scene.

Also, there's a huge difference between what the streets was feelin' and what the underground was feeling. The streets love Bone and G-Funk, especially out here in Cali. The underground, heads didn't, it had to sound like New York for it to be official in their eyes. The backpackers took over the underground out here around 93 or so and everything got twisted after that. That's a whole other topic right there.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Narrator

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2006, 12:40:58 PM »
^^^^^ Thank you, Juronimo, I'm always glad to see another brother who was actually old enough to remember the way things were back in those days.  Phillyboy is here calling me stupid, but you and I obviously know better.  And I already said Bone had love in Cali (if you were down with Eazy back then, of course West Coast cats would give you a chance).

I've been a fan of Bone since '94.  But most of the "real hip-hop" heads back in those days didn't, and they were always giving me shit for liking them.  So I think I'm justified in saying that it's really odd Bone is so respected these days cause they weren't back then.

Paul

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2006, 04:44:36 PM »
this is quite a good discussion

i would put eternal in the same league as doggystyle but
funkyfreshintheflesh

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2006, 10:51:05 AM »
^^^^^ Thank you, Juronimo, I'm always glad to see another brother who was actually old enough to remember the way things were back in those days.  Phillyboy is here calling me stupid, but you and I obviously know better.  And I already said Bone had love in Cali (if you were down with Eazy back then, of course West Coast cats would give you a chance).

I've been a fan of Bone since '94.  But most of the "real hip-hop" heads back in those days didn't, and they were always giving me shit for liking them.  So I think I'm justified in saying that it's really odd Bone is so respected these days cause they weren't back then.

No prob bro

I remember some kid saying I was "wack" because I thought Ice Cube was the best rapper, so I served him.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Raphael

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2006, 11:00:23 AM »
Tony Yayo
Lloyd Banks
Paul Wall
Vanilla Ice

youngmessnucca

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2006, 11:11:55 AM »