Author Topic: Germany set a European Championship qualifying record  (Read 93 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Germany set a European Championship qualifying record
« on: September 06, 2006, 04:02:32 PM »
San Marino 0-13 Germany

Germany set a European Championship qualifying record after crushing San Marino 13-0 in the republic.

Striker Lukas Podolski scored four, while Bastian Schweinsteiger, Miroslav Klose and Thomas Hitzlsperger all found the net twice.

Michael Ballack, Manuel Friedrich and Bernd Schneider with a 90th-minute penalty also scored in the game, which Germany led 6-0 at the break.

Germany's Group D win bettered Spain's 12-1 victory over Malta in 1983.

The result was also the worst in San Marino's history - 14 years ago they lost 10-0 to Norway.

San Marino's population is just 27,000, though the game was watched by a crowd of just more than 5,000.

Germany top Group D, which includes Wales and the Republic of Ireland, on goal difference.

Joachim Loew's side have six points, the same as the Czech Republic, who beat neighbours Slovakia 3-0 in Bratislava.
NO MORE WAR

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Germany set a European Championship qualifying record
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 04:06:52 PM »
That game was pure comedy.. but you have to keep in mind that those San Marino players arent even persons who play soccer for a living... most of them are people like you and me, who have regular jobs or are students even, and just play soccer for fun.. lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Germany set a European Championship qualifying record
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 04:12:30 PM »
if only they could have put 13 past italy
NO MORE WAR