Author Topic: Ryan Howard is a beast  (Read 843 times)

herpes

Ryan Howard is a beast
« on: September 03, 2006, 01:21:42 PM »
He set the record for most homeruns by a 2nd year player today.  He hit 3 home runs today off tim hudson to put his total at 52 for the season.  You think he can break 60 this year ?

DipsetGeneral

Re: Ryan Howard is a beast
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 01:28:13 PM »
He will finish with 61 homers.  He is a awesome home run hitter.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 08:47:43 PM »
Who knows he's a sofmore right? maybe in 18 years will be talking about the guy who beats Barry Bonds or Hank Aaron but more llikely Bonds....

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 08:50:08 PM »
Who knows he's a sofmore right? maybe in 18 years will be talking about the guy who beats Barry Bonds or Hank Aaron but more llikely Bonds....

LMAO no way man he is already 26.  Thats what people dont realize he got a late start.  I mean for the next 10 years he can be the best power hitter around no doubt but right now he has like 70 career Homers or something like that and he is 26, Arod is 30 with like 465 homers lol.  Howard has NO CHANCE at ever catching  Mays, Ruth, Bonds, or Hank.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:44:02 PM »
Pujols or A-Rod have the best shot.
Albert has the best start of a career a player could have.  He's 26 (in his 6th season) and already has 243 HRs (avg of over 40 a year).

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 09:47:58 PM »
Albert has the best start of a career a player could have.  He's 26 (in his 6th season) and already has 243 HRs (avg of over 40 a year).
Yup.  I think Arod and Pujols have the best chance.  Its funny how people think its a lock though, same thing was said about Griff.  Although Arod and Albert will never be half of what Mays was they will probably pass Mays on the home run charts but I dont know if they can ever catch Barry. 729 HR is a shitload of homers

herpes

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 10:54:15 PM »
yea but no one knows for sure if puljos is telling the truth on his age lol.  For the love of god i hope he is b/c i have a shitload of his rookie cards lol.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 10:58:43 PM »
Yeah who knows if Albert is telling the truth, alot of people think he is much older then he is.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 11:18:55 PM »
I dint know he was  alittle older
It is true about a-rod having good chances. Pujols has them too

What about Vladmir Guerrero he slowed down a bit since His Montreal days but he is still good.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 11:30:52 PM »
^^Imo Vlad is one of the best 2,3 players in the game and has been for the last few years.  He can do it all.  He isnt patient at the plate at all but it doesnt matter w/ him cause he uses it to his advantage.  Dude is a awesome power and average hitter, real good fielder, real good speed, and great throwing arm.

Pujols, 2 tool player
Vlad,  5 tool player

Vlad > Pujols

herpes

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 12:05:50 AM »
^^Imo Vlad is one of the best 2,3 players in the game and has been for the last few years.  He can do it all.  He isnt patient at the plate at all but it doesnt matter w/ him cause he uses it to his advantage.  Dude is a awesome power and average hitter, real good fielder, real good speed, and great throwing arm.

Pujols, 2 tool player
Vlad,  5 tool player

Vlad > Pujols

See thats a common misconception with vlad... dude gets his fair share of walks.  He is not the most patient but hes not as bad as everyone thinks.  He always post a OBP around .400.  And his glove is that great.  That past few years it has dropped.  But I used to watch a lot of him when he played for the expos and there was a time when he was brutal in the OF.  But still dude is a incredible talent.  I remember during his second year I couldnt wait for him to be a free agent. B/C I knew he was too good for montreal to keep.

rik

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 01:42:48 AM »
U ain't liying dude is a monster. I think he will break the 60 mark. Looks like the Phils knew what they were doin' when they got rid of Thome.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 11:12:41 AM »
Dude's old though....Albert and A-Rod have the best chance...thats been said before.

But I've always thought for the longest time, if you want any player on your team...its Vlady.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 11:13:07 AM »

Pujols, 2 tool player
Vlad,  5 tool player

Vlad > Pujols

See thats a common misconception with vlad... dude gets his fair share of walks.  He is not the most patient but hes not as bad as everyone thinks.  He always post a OBP around .400.  And his glove is that great.  That past few years it has dropped.  But I used to watch a lot of him when he played for the expos and there was a time when he was brutal in the OF.  But still dude is a incredible talent.  I remember during his second year I couldnt wait for him to be a free agent. B/C I knew he was too good for montreal to keep.

His OBP is BA driven though.  Since he's a power hitter he should be more patient, but he's still a good hitter.

BB/PA for a few known players

Vladimir Guerrero- .089
Albert Pujols- .121
Ryan Howard- .114
David Wright- .096
Miguel Cabrera- .091

Wright and Cabrera are only going to get better too. 

No way in hell is Vlad better than Pujols.  I'm not sure about their baserunning skills but the other skills they come even basically

Vlad's Tools:  Hits for Power, Average and has a great arm.
Pujols' Tools: Hits for Power, Average, great defense.

And Pujols is such a better hitter than Vladimir it's not even funny.  You know how much better he is, that the difference between OPS between the two are about the same as the difference between Vladimir Guerrero and Ryan Freel!

herpes

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 12:15:28 PM »

Pujols, 2 tool player
Vlad,  5 tool player

Vlad > Pujols

His OBP is BA driven though.  Since he's a power hitter he should be more patient, but he's still a good hitter.

BB/PA for a few known players

Vladimir Guerrero- .089
Albert Pujols- .121
Ryan Howard- .114
David Wright- .096
Miguel Cabrera- .091

Wright and Cabrera are only going to get better too. 

No way in hell is Vlad better than Pujols.  I'm not sure about their baserunning skills but the other skills they come even basically

Vlad's Tools:  Hits for Power, Average and has a great arm.
Pujols' Tools: Hits for Power, Average, great defense.

And Pujols is such a better hitter than Vladimir it's not even funny.  You know how much better he is, that the difference between OPS between the two are about the same as the difference between Vladimir Guerrero and Ryan Freel!

Oh I know Vlad aint the most patient player in the game, but people try to make him out like he is Jeff Francour when it comes to walks at the plate.  And I wouldnt call Pujols a great defensive player.  He plays a good firstbase but i wouldnt call him great.